Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #51
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Default re: What are WI Bucks?

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
I kind of think you should hide it.... I see it turning into another mission for some- Get the most.

And are you worried that this might lead to more people posting for post count since you get WI$ for posting??
That's what I'm thinking.. It's kinda like Reps.

---------- pounder added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by scienter
why does it say "check" next to my WI$ ??
So you can check your balance I believe.

Last edited by pounder; 03-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pounder is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #52
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by MAMA5517
I tend to agree with Hmm! My DH and Mother in Law only get on WI around Festival or floating item times...does that mean they will have very little $$ and you mentioned something about spending $$ to enter monthly contests.

I think that every person and sometimes especially the newest members have the most ingenuity and passion for WW to share. They should be highly valued!
They will be. All users start with a small amount and even the newest member on WI will be able to enter into the contests. "Young" members can attain very high WI$ based on what they contribute. If they have a popular thread, the system rewards them for the number of replies on their thread and even the number of views. If they provide us with front page news, people are likely to visit their profile, which also gives them credit.

View Post Originally Posted by pounder
When will the "Premium plan" be coming out?
Our "premium plan", which I call the I^2 subscriptions (Insider Insiders) should be completed by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #53
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
You are correct and I've updated that for GG's. There are no WI$ cost for GG's to send PMs
Thank you for updating that I was a bit worried when I saw that.

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
I now see that this information is completely visible, and that worries me.

If people were obsessed with reputation and post count, what is going to happen when they start comparing cash net worth on WI?

I don't think I am anymore valuable than some of the lil' kinz on this forum, no matter what our numbers say.

Reputation and post count have never obsessed me. Post count is pretty meaningless... And reputation is really just another communication tool. I love seeing the comments that come when people rep one of my posts, but the actual number of green boxes that I have has never been something I really cared about.

I am just here to have fun, and to help others have fun too. I am really worried about this concept of attaching a cash value to our contributions.

Hmm
I hope that this doesn't become a new craze, too, Hmm.

Justin - is there a reason why it is in the postbits? I guess I just don't understand that because post counts and reputation points were never in the postbit section.
sydney88 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #54
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Will there ever be a stimulus package to help those that don't have as much as the others?

j/k-joking aside, I think it is a pretty neat idea, though I do see how some people might have their feelings hurt if they don't have as much. I'm thinking of the younger people that use the site where image is everything...
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #55
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by scienter
why does it say "check" next to my WI$ ??
It's kind of like a "Bank".
Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #56
Gifted

JJ08 has disabled reputation

ooh ooh! I ♥ it
JJ08 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #57
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

They will be. All users start with a small amount and even the newest member on WI will be able to enter into the contests. "Young" members can attain very high WI$ based on what they contribute. If they have a popular thread, the system rewards them for the number of replies on their thread and even the number of views. If they provide us with front page news, people are likely to visit their profile, which also gives them credit.

Our "premium plan", which I call the I^2 subscriptions (Insider Insiders) should be completed by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Ok, cool, confusing, but cool.

---------- pounder added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
Will there ever be a stimulus package to help those that don't have as much as the others?

j/k-joking aside, I think it is a pretty neat idea, though I do see how some people might have their feelings hurt if they don't have as much. I'm thinking of the younger people that use the site where image is everything...
Good question.

Last edited by pounder; 03-09-2009 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #58
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Perhaps you are right, we may need to hide the $ amounts from everyone else, which is very easy for me to do and then people will still be able to use the WI$ to "buy" things on WI without the "I have more WI$ than you" mentality.

Not a max per day... The max GG's can put in is 50k, my mistake.
I agree with Hmm ... people went all crazy with rep when the boxes came back. I do like being able to give $$ though to peopl - like rep. Maybe you could just have a $ sign by the flag and thumb where we could still do that.

Drat! I just moved my savings back to checking ... should have left it alone ... oh well, it's just virtual $$ so that $2500 loss was no biggie.
mathmom2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #59
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by JJ08
ooh ooh! I ♥ it
I like it too.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #60
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
Also... I'd love some explanations of the following terminology:

Usergroup induction
Referrals
Visits based on usergroup
Activity based on usergroup
Birthday Present
Reputation Given/Received
New Thread
Thread Ratings
Posts (On others and in own)
Your thread popularity
Profile Popularity
PM usage
Calendar Usage
etc.

I am assuming that referrals are people that I've referred to WI, and who have then joined because of me. Which is about five people, all told.

What is visits based on usergroup? What constitutes a usergroup? What is usergroup induction? Are usergroups the various forums we have on WI? What are birthday presents? Is that a function where we can give WI bucks to someone on their birthday? Or being active on your birthday?

And do we get points for starting new threads as well as having our threads rated?

I think that I need more explanations of the terminology all around.

Hmm
Usergroup induction = when you are promoted to a new usergroup (LilKinz->Webkinz->Gifted->GG->GC)

Most of the awards are based on your usergroup, so a GG may get more WI$ for each visit on their thread than a gifted member or a Gifted member may get more WI$ for each post they make than a Lil Kinz. You also earn different amounts of WI$ for posting on one of your own threads and for posting on someone else's.

You get points for starting new threads, for having your threads rated and for rating other's threads.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
-pup5115, birthdayman98 waz here, code orange, connie likes cupcakes, cookie was herez, cool idea-musicislife, don't be rude, exoteric was here, great idea, great idea!, gripperss<3 xd, hpf loves wi bucks!, i think i get it., jennybeevee, kh is confused :(, please explain more!!!, politeness is awesome, rock, rocky is ah-mazing, thanks justin, this is cool!, very confusing. ??, want to buy stuff!, what are wi bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks!, wi$, wow thats cool, yay! i love wi bucks!, ~kat24

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: