Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #151
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default re: What are WI Bucks?

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
How are all the copy/paste posts of the Welcome section going to be treated... there are lots of copy/paste that go around there and in the Look What I Got section...

i'm hoping those get less than the personal responses people make??
Oh please, yes.

When my daughter joined WI, she was really disappointed at all the posts that welcomed her with the exact same words.

It's great to remind people to read the forum rules, but... she wanted to be welcomed as a person, too. The most meaningful posts were those that responded to her, asked her about her pets, and took a real interest in who she was.

Once a couple people have posted about reading the rules, is it really needed to have everyone else do that on your welcoming thread?

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #152
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I'm trying on that one.. Basically, that's going to require some intervention by the staff... We'll figure it out
Oh I know you guys will
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #153
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Thanks to all of you for explaing about the GE's and the thank you's. I'll just continue to give out reps and I'll reconsider the gift exchange program. And Justin, thanks for answering our questions and thanks for working so hard to make WI a fun and exciting place to visit. (Goodness knows this thread is hopping today!)
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #154
Webkinz :)
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
I agree with Hmm
I agree with both of these posts, too. Accessing the gift exchange is a benefit in and of itself. I do not see the reason to further reward posts just because of who made them. Posts should stand on their own merit.

I am still reading and trying to comprehend everything this new system entails. Some of the ideas seem great!

Mom of IttyGirl2
IttyGirl2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #155
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by bflyangel
The "Inside Insider" feature intrigues me very much. While I think I will like to use this feature at this point I can only afford 1 month of it. Hopefully I am able to earn more WI $ to be able to continue to use the services.
The "Insider Insider" subscription class will also be available through real $ as well.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #156
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
Oh please, yes.

When my daughter joined WI, she was really disappointed at all the posts that welcomed her with the exact same words.

It's great to remind people to read the forum rules, but... she wanted to be welcomed as a person, too. The most meaningful posts were those that responded to her, asked her about her pets, and took a real interest in who she was.

Once a couple people have posted about reading the rules, is it really needed to have everyone else do that on your welcoming thread?

Hmm

Exactly.. I had been posting here and there in it...but i just felt that my posts were being mixed in w/ all the copy/pastes... NOT personal or welcoming AT ALL. All the threads look the same. LOL
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #157
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

Interesting idea Justin although I am curious to see how it all works, but right now I am confused. And I read every post on this thread!

As a fairly new user to WI, I am not so interested in my number of posts I make as with having them not appearing worthless or “stupid”. As far as Reps, I do not strive for them, but am so trilled and excited when I do receive one. This system makes me wonder if I should be even more concerned and if I am not contributing enough or at least not enough worthwhile posts.

In fact, I may be different than most, but I can see myself hesitating to respond to posts and actually cutting back.

If I understand correctly, as a Webkinz I should avoid PMs because they cost me. In other words, use them when I send private information that I do not want others to see since all is displayed on a user’s homepage? If I respond to a PM, is there a charge?

I could add more questions, but there are more and more posts, so hopefully my questions will be asked answered. If not....
Webkinz_Lovers is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #158
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Probably a section in the FAQ, as well. Yep.
Ok, cool. Thanks!

---------- pounder added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bflyangel
The "Inside Insider" feature intrigues me very much. While I think I will like to use this feature at this point I can only afford 1 month of it. Hopefully I am able to earn more WI $ to be able to continue to use the services.
I hope I can earn enough too, because that really would be nice.

Last edited by pounder; 03-09-2009 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pounder is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #159
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

The "Insider Insider" subscription class will also be available through real $ as well.
What is the Insider Insider subscription class? What benefits (other than ad free) does it confer?

If it is cheap, I might just subscribe just to stop that annoying talking advertisement that SHOUTS from my computer about winning a free iPod. But I am curious to know what sort of cost would be involved, and what other benefits we could accrue from it.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #160
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
I now see that this information is completely visible, and that worries me.

If people were obsessed with reputation and post count, what is going to happen when they start comparing cash net worth on WI?

I don't think I am anymore valuable than some of the lil' kinz on this forum, no matter what our numbers say.

Reputation and post count have never obsessed me. Post count is pretty meaningless... And reputation is really just another communication tool. I love seeing the comments that come when people rep one of my posts, but the actual number of green boxes that I have has never been something I really cared about.

I am just here to have fun, and to help others have fun too. I am really worried about this concept of attaching a cash value to our contributions.

Hmm
I agree. I have not signed up for message boards before specifically because they had such systems of assigning values to the numbers of posts people made. I really dislike that someone should be counted as more valuable a member of a message board just because that person posts more than another. It shouldn't be about the quantity of posts you make, but about the quality.

I also don't appreciate that it now sounds like we're restricted in how many PMs we can send, based on how many WI$ we have. Granted, it looks like I have a fair amount of WI$, but if I want to lurk and occasionally send messages to my friends, I feel like I should be allowed to do so.

Oh well, I guess this gives me a good reason to quit coming to WI!
Rainribbon is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
-pup5115, birthdayman98 waz here, code orange, connie likes cupcakes, cookie was herez, cool idea-musicislife, don't be rude, exoteric was here, great idea, great idea!, gripperss<3 xd, hpf loves wi bucks!, i think i get it., jennybeevee, kh is confused :(, please explain more!!!, politeness is awesome, rock, rocky is ah-mazing, thanks justin, this is cool!, very confusing. ??, want to buy stuff!, what are wi bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks!, wi$, wow thats cool, yay! i love wi bucks!, ~kat24

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: