Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #111
^The Coolest Girl^
Webkinz :)

Jennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to behold

Default re: What are WI Bucks?

Very cool! But Justin, will there be more information about everything because I'm a bit confused. Thanks!
Jennybeevee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #112
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
Oh, I have a question about that fee though. Is that a system related one, to account for the tech-related work to do all the gifting fo WI$, or is it just an arbitrary fee ? Cause I just wanna understand what that fee is for Ya know, to explain to others people count on me to explain new stuff amongst my friends sometimes
The fee seems a little silly to me as well, Justin. Is there any way to automate the transfers to reduce staff time in the process, and make it easier for us to give?

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #113
uvs Kris Allen ♥
Gifted

rocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of lightrocky654 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Also, with "birthday presents", the system will give you a present from the WI central account on your birthday.
Thank you for explaining. Is the 'birthday present' WI$ or a present on ?
rocky654 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #114
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
The fee seems a little silly to me as well, Justin. Is there any way to automate the transfers to reduce staff time in the process, and make it easier for us to give?

Hmm
Automate? They should be automated....?

View Post Originally Posted by rocky654
Thank you for explaining. Is the 'birthday present' WI$ or a present on ?
Birthday present is in WI$ from the central WI account.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #115
hoooo!
Gifted

LittleBird is the cats pajamas!LittleBird is the cats pajamas!LittleBird is the cats pajamas!LittleBird is the cats pajamas!LittleBird is the cats pajamas!LittleBird is the cats pajamas!

Smart idea!!
LittleBird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #116
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Oh, it's costing you much more than that.. I'm making a list!

For the most part, yes. Also, with "birthday presents", the system will give you a present from the WI central account on your birthday.
Oh... Is that why my WI balance just dropped to $50.25 plus a few bottle caps?

Hmm
Uh oh, we best get out of here Hmm

Basically, the fee goes into the central WI account to pay interest to those who have $$ in savings and for the gifts on people's birthdays.
Oh okay, I see

My birthday is coming up, woot woot !!!
sno4270 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #117
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

<sigh> My birthday was 3 weeks ago!! I have 49 more weeks until I get my WI prezzie ... lol
mathmom2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #118
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Basically, the fee goes into the central WI account to pay interest to those who have $$ in savings and for the gifts on people's birthdays.
Okay, since the whole process is automated, and the money virtual, and WI can be its own mint, why bother to have the fee? Can't WI just automatically generate the money needed for these items?

I really don't think you have to worry about runaway inflation or the other problems that tend to happen when Governments print too much cash...

I think the fees should be abolished. Just make it easier to give.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #119
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Okay... So there are advantages in this system to being a GG rather than a lil' kinz, and posting on other people's threads gives you more points than posting in your own.

I am not sure that I like having GGs automatically earn more WI bucks for activity than lil'kinz. Getting gifted is hard on WI, but once you become gifted, it really only takes time to become a GG. I also am not sure that it is needed to attach ANOTHER privilege to gifted status. The Gifteds already have the main privileges of being able to trade, and for being able to host contests in the Galore forum, and those make sense. You have to prove yourself before we trust you trading and with sending out expensive gifts in contests.

I don't think it makes sense though to automatically reward GGs and Gifteds more for their forum activity. So many of the posts that gifted members make is just for trading, which really does not improve WI as a whole. There are lots of wonderful members out there who are Webkinz who contribute to WI as a whole. Shouldn't we be valuing their contributions equally?

Hmm
I totally agree! I have considered becoming a gift trainee, but I really don't have the time or money to buy all the trading cards, pet of the months, lip gloss and other stuff you need to have a decent thread (It was my understanding that if your gift thread wasn't used enough you could get your gift status taken away right?) I also can't go onto the Webkinz World trading room everyday looking for lava lamps and hockey furniture (Lol). I think it's great that people do this and enjoy it, but I don't think their posts should be worth more than others who come on here just to make new friends and to cheer up and chill out with the ones they already have. I also think if you're going to charge for PM's, then you should charge everybody. It's like having to pay a tax for your privacy.

I also don't like putting a dollar value on a thank you to someone whose helped me out. If I only give them $10 because I don't have a lot of money, am I cheap? I think it's a good idea in some ways, but it may cause some unexpected problems in others.
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #120
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Well I was thinking for the fee was a little bit silly, but now that I'm thinking about it the fees are making more + more sense. Cause for each user that uses their WI$ to pay for subscriptions, etc., WI is losing ad income, correct ? And if we had a contest that we use our WI$ on w/ prize donations from Ameriwade, that's costing the owner real $$ too
sno4270 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
-pup5115, birthdayman98 waz here, code orange, connie likes cupcakes, cookie was herez, cool idea-musicislife, don't be rude, exoteric was here, great idea, great idea!, gripperss<3 xd, hpf loves wi bucks!, i think i get it., jennybeevee, kh is confused :(, please explain more!!!, politeness is awesome, rock, rocky is ah-mazing, thanks justin, this is cool!, very confusing. ??, want to buy stuff!, what are wi bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks!, wi$, wow thats cool, yay! i love wi bucks!, ~kat24

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: