Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default What are WI Bucks?

What are WI$?

I'm sure that many of you are wondering what the new WI$ amount is in everyone's postbits and what it means.

This is a new system that I am pairing with our donations and subscriptions that will be coming online within the next week or two here on WI.

Over the past few months, we have noticed that people have become obsessed with two things on WI -- post count and reputation.

The problem with both is that neither really indicate a member's true worth on Webkinz Insider. We hope that this new system will help reward our best and most active users.

The system calculates (adds and subtracts, depending on the activity) your WI$ based on the following criteria:
  • Usergroup induction
  • Referrals
  • Visits based on usergroup
  • Activity based on usergroup
  • Birthday Present
  • Reputation Given/Received
  • New Thread
  • Thread Ratings
  • Posts (On others and in own)
  • Your thread popularity
  • Profile Popularity
  • Calendar Usage
  • etc.

At this point, we are still learning the system ourselves and what it is capable of. There are many additions that we can add to WI for users to "spend" their points on and once the donations and subscriptions are in place, I will be evaluating them.

Some of them include:
1) Lottery / raffle drawings, which we may use for our monthly giveaways from Ameriwade.
2) Using your points to purchase temporary membership into our subscription program (coming soon).
3) Living Avatars.
4) Quizzes.
5) vbP3tz
6) Post Thanks

And many others...

This system is very experimental and if we determine that it just isn't working for WI or that it's being abused, we may have to remove it from the forum.

I just wanted to be proactive about this because I'm sure people will be wondering what the points are, how you get them and what they're used for. I hope I've answered the first two questions and as for the third -- we'll have to wait and see!

MissGnomie wrote a nice preliminary unofficial guide that can likely answer many of your questions: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ow-use-479553/
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Yay me! I'm a
Gift Guru
nire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default re: What are WI Bucks?

Great idea! Thanks Justin!
nire1976 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
bflyangel
Gift Guru

bflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roostbflyangel rules the roost

Interesting system Justin. I am eager to see how it all works and what exciting things we will be able to do with it.

Will this system eliminate rep and post amounts? Or is this in addition to those features?
bflyangel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
no day but today
Webkinz :)
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait
pinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the waitpinkbab89 is worth the wait

Ok! That is good to know. When I got on this morning, I thought the WI$ was money I would owe! Then I found this thread. Thank you for telling us what it was!
pinkbab89 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

japanfan97 is on a distinguished road

this is awesome thanks justin but one question

At this point, we are still learning the system ourselves and what it is capable of. There are many additions that we can add to WI for users to "spend" their points on and once the donations and subscriptions are in place, I will be evaluating them.

Some of them include:
1) Lottery / raffle drawings, which we may use for our monthly giveaways from Ameriwade.
2) Using your points to purchase temporary membership into our subscription program (coming soon).
3) Living Avatars.
4) Quizzes.
5) vbP3tz what is this ?
6) Post Thanks

japanfan97 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
wants her spinny.
Gift Guru

Desigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds very interesting!
Desigher is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Halo236

Webkinz-Lova♥ is on a distinguished road

Read the thread at the top guys ! It says what it is!
Webkinz-Lova♥ is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

So... my X number of WI dollars are based on how active I am on the forum, and how popular my threads are?

So would a new person start out with 0 WI dollars? Or is there a starter amount that everyone gets because everyone is valuable to WI?

Hmm

Last edited by Hmm; 03-10-2009 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Edited to remove my WI Buck tally
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!SunnySeed is the bees knees!

Good idea.

im still confuzzled though.
i'll read it over again.
SunnySeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Okay, I have a question. Is there a maximum amount of WI$ that a person can move from checking to savings?
mathmom2 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
-pup5115, birthdayman98 waz here, code orange, connie likes cupcakes, cookie was herez, cool idea-musicislife, don't be rude, exoteric was here, great idea, great idea!, gripperss<3 xd, hpf loves wi bucks!, i think i get it., jennybeevee, kh is confused :(, please explain more!!!, politeness is awesome, rock, rocky is ah-mazing, thanks justin, this is cool!, very confusing. ??, want to buy stuff!, what are wi bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks!, wi$, wow thats cool, yay! i love wi bucks!, ~kat24

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: