Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   What are WI Bucks? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/what-webkinz-insider-bucks-479352/)

Justin03-09-2009 11:41 AM

What are WI Bucks?

What are WI$?

I'm sure that many of you are wondering what the new WI$ amount is in everyone's postbits and what it means.

This is a new system that I am pairing with our donations and subscriptions that will be coming online within the next week or two here on WI.

Over the past few months, we have noticed that people have become obsessed with two things on WI -- post count and reputation.

The problem with both is that neither really indicate a member's true worth on Webkinz Insider. We hope that this new system will help reward our best and most active users.

The system calculates (adds and subtracts, depending on the activity) your WI$ based on the following criteria:
  • Usergroup induction
  • Referrals
  • Visits based on usergroup
  • Activity based on usergroup
  • Birthday Present
  • Reputation Given/Received
  • New Thread
  • Thread Ratings
  • Posts (On others and in own)
  • Your thread popularity
  • Profile Popularity
  • Calendar Usage
  • etc.

At this point, we are still learning the system ourselves and what it is capable of. There are many additions that we can add to WI for users to "spend" their points on and once the donations and subscriptions are in place, I will be evaluating them.

Some of them include:
1) Lottery / raffle drawings, which we may use for our monthly giveaways from Ameriwade.
2) Using your points to purchase temporary membership into our subscription program (coming soon).
3) Living Avatars.
4) Quizzes.
5) vbP3tz
6) Post Thanks

And many others...

This system is very experimental and if we determine that it just isn't working for WI or that it's being abused, we may have to remove it from the forum.

I just wanted to be proactive about this because I'm sure people will be wondering what the points are, how you get them and what they're used for. I hope I've answered the first two questions and as for the third -- we'll have to wait and see!

MissGnomie wrote a nice preliminary unofficial guide that can likely answer many of your questions: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ow-use-479553/

nire197603-09-2009 11:54 AM

re: What are WI Bucks?

Great idea! Thanks Justin!

bflyangel03-09-2009 11:54 AM

Interesting system Justin. I am eager to see how it all works and what exciting things we will be able to do with it.

Will this system eliminate rep and post amounts? Or is this in addition to those features?

pinkbab8903-09-2009 11:55 AM

Ok! That is good to know. When I got on this morning, I thought the WI$ was money I would owe! Then I found this thread. Thank you for telling us what it was!

japanfan9703-09-2009 11:56 AM

this is awesome thanks justin but one question

At this point, we are still learning the system ourselves and what it is capable of. There are many additions that we can add to WI for users to "spend" their points on and once the donations and subscriptions are in place, I will be evaluating them.

Some of them include:
1) Lottery / raffle drawings, which we may use for our monthly giveaways from Ameriwade.
2) Using your points to purchase temporary membership into our subscription program (coming soon).
3) Living Avatars.
4) Quizzes.
5) vbP3tz what is this ?
6) Post Thanks

Desigher03-09-2009 11:56 AM

That sounds very interesting! :)

Webkinz-Lova♥03-09-2009 11:56 AM

Read the thread at the top guys ! It says what it is!

Hmm03-09-2009 11:57 AM

So... my X number of WI dollars are based on how active I am on the forum, and how popular my threads are?

So would a new person start out with 0 WI dollars? Or is there a starter amount that everyone gets because everyone is valuable to WI?

Hmm

SunnySeed03-09-2009 11:57 AM

Good idea.

im still confuzzled though.
i'll read it over again.

mathmom203-09-2009 11:57 AM

Okay, I have a question. Is there a maximum amount of WI$ that a person can move from checking to savings?