Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #41
Liloca
Webkinz :)

Renesme is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What Happened to the "Release Notes"?

my computer is saying that when i log in that the server was still in maintnence and that i should come back later. But then i decided i would try and get on the webkinz demo to pass the time. then when i typed it in it was like the normal webkinz site and let me in. i will go and refresh the page to see if it will help. i just thought that this was really wierd.
Renesme is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #42
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

I loved the idea of the release notes - and was so sad when Ganz seemed to have abandoned them. I'd love to see them reinstated - so interesting to see what issued had been addressed.
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #43
grandmahulen

Cindey is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by My Escape
I agree the Release notes need to be updated. I noticed there were a few comments here regarding Ganz actually working on the weekend. Actually, given their size and the number of users, this should be a given, not just on an emergency basis. They should have a team working 24/7 for tech support. Many large companies do that just because they have to run a lot of computer programs on the weekends and at night. Ganz is a 24 hour business, given the fact the site never really is supposed to close. They should be staffed for glitches at all hours. You should be able to find someone in customer support at all hours. Things can happen at any hour if they're going to have international accounts. They need to have some people on duty at all times. This 'waiting till Monday' stuff just isn't reality anymore in this world.
Ganz is probably a lot bigger a lot quicker than they had aniticipated and with most of us having several different accounts instead of all of our pets on one account (as Ganz did originally intend)
the shear volume is astronimical.

24/7 support and fulltime update staff would be wonderful but just remember along with that would either come monthly or annual fees or much increased price for plushies. The people have to get paid from somewhere and I am sure kinz cash would not work for them.

---------- Cindey added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by DirtMonkey
I am a World of Warcraft fan. What they do is a once a week shutdown for about 6 hours. They then post a message saying exactly what they are doing and how much it will improve things. It lets the users know that progress is being made to make things better and lets us know of really cool things coming when things do go back up.

If they dont tell us what happened then we assume things like "Jimmy in the computer room must have tripped over the plug again and crashed the server".
This is true but just remember, you pay world of warcraft online to use their site. I think it is $20 for one. You do not get a plushie or involve retailers so the entire 20 goes straight to them. With more profit margin it stands to reason that they could do more.
Enjoy ONLINE gaming...................what did we ever do without it?

Last edited by Cindey; 03-08-2009 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Cindey is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #44

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

I like to see them.
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 03-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #45

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I had asked how often they updated the newz & the rep did not know. I told her that dec info is no longer good after a week after they post it and does not help us at all if it is not weekly updates, almost daily if they are really staying on top of the site. no response until I asked if maybe she could write down the suggestion and pass it up ladder not down. well that was weeks ago - no change yet. some of the minor things have never been fixed, but the big things like the potm issue is just worse then ever. I still say fix the things that are used every day and then move on to the new additions one at a time, it just seems like the less important things like mypage & estore items takes presidence over the actual site working at all.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #46
House Of Night :)

2pixi has a spectacular aura about

I had no problem with my account today. I adopted 3 webkinz and nothing happpened.

I am on European time though, I live in Germany
2pixi is offline Female
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #47
Lil Kinz

sjavens is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see the warnings in time, I just tried to adopt a new pet and got locked out of my account. Anybody have any news on what's going on and when it'll be fixed?? This is crazy and very disrespectful!!!!!
sjavens is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #48
Banned
purplerocks786 has a spectacular aura about

Ganz should update release notes section more often. Or just don't make a release notes section because you are not doing anything to it and it is just there like a decoration piece.

---------- purplerocks786 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

I feel terribly sorry for those who got locked out of there account!

Last edited by purplerocks786; 03-11-2009 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #49
Unregistered

Post Re: What Happened to the "Release Notes"?

This is stupid. ganz needs to get it together. my account has messedd up too too much!!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #50
MintyPink

Exclamation Re: What Happened to the "Release Notes"?

I'm outraged! I wasted about 7000 kinz cash trying to feed them all!!! Do you think they will giveme my money back??? I'm so so so mad!!!!!
Closed

Tags
post problem notices, pounder, ww updates

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: