Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Gift Guru
FIA has disabled reputation

Default What Happened to the "Release Notes"? *UPDATE*

A WI Front Page entry has been added:

What Happened to the "Release Notes"? *UPDATE*

With Webkinz World being shut down for so much time over the past few days, many of our members have come up with suggestions and ideas for what Ganz could be doing to make this time easier on their customers. The number one request that has been popping up is that Ganz would do a better job of informing their customers about what is going on. Webkinz Insider member gma2r put it this way:

I wish there was some official word from Ganz as to what we can expect. I am not sitting around waiting for the site to come up...it would be respectful of them to let us know more then we do now. --gma2r

The fact is that Ganz does have a way of passing this information on to us. Back on November 1st, 2008, Ganz created a special area on the Webkinz Newz site called "Release Notes" that was made specifically to keep the customers informed: http://www.webkinznewz.com/wp-mu/cat...release-notes/

Release Notes will have a list of recent changes to Webkinz World, such as bug fixes and updates. Look for these articles to find out what we’ve been working on. --Ganz

Unfortunately, over the past four months, Ganz has only updated that section twice, once on December 1st and once on December 18th. With so many glitches to the system currently pending, hopefully Ganz will take the time to update the Release Note section and let us know what is going on.

UPDATE, March 18th 2009: We are pleased to report that Ganz has updated the Release Notes section of the Webkinz Newz site. Click HERE to check out the latest fixed glitches in Webkinz World. Hopefully this is a sign that Ganz plans to keep it's customers more informed in the future regarding problems with the site and their fixes.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
KayJay17 is a jewel in the roughKayJay17 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: What Happened to the "Release Notes"?

well, what use are relaease notes if they do not update them? come on! i wish i could trade, that is what i need to do. i wish they would let us in the places that did not need work, sigh. oh well, i bet these will be worth the wait (i hope!)
KayJay17 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
So this is love
Gift Guru
sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

Yeah, they definitely need to update their Release Notes. There are so many little glitches within Webkinz World, and they need to inform us when they fix them.
For example, for months we could not answer the Series 6 Quizzy's Questions. I noticed after Wednesday's maintenance that I can now answer the Series 6 questions I could not answer before. I've been checking for that fix after every maintenance this year.
But how would I check to see if a second trophy is available for Bamboo Break and the vacation game, besides WI? How would I know if other numerous tiny glitches have been fixed without WI? I am so grateful for this website (WI), but really WW should recognize that it is their responsibility. They would not have so many complaints if they advertised what they are working on to the general public.
sydney88 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Gift Guru
Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

I was wondering about the release notes as well.
I liked it when the did those, and then they just stopped, it was weird.

Maybe they will decide to update us with one pretty soon.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
pickwicknt is on a distinguished road

That's my thought. They have this venue now just for that. Yet it hasn't been updated since December 18th! Why is that? What is it's purpose then? Just another example of a job done poorly, yet again. They are going in so many new directions, yet haven't solved current issues. They are seeming to only pursue more ways of making the company more money with little regard for their customers and their satisfaction.

In their attempt to pursue new customers, ie Webkinz Jr., they are and have been losing their loyal, addicted and full pocketed customers. Perhaps these customers, us really, will keep their hands in their pockets instead of doling out more cash for these pets, figurines, etc.

If you're going to do something, do it right. I don't see how there is always a problem after a big update like this. Nothing ever goes right and I don't get that. Seems to me if someone made such a huge mistake at their job, they would be fired. I guess not at Ganz.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #6

ganz is good at making sure the e store never goes down why can they not do the same with the site that is funny you can still get in e store and spend more money but can not log in to put your codes in go figure
Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
kiltedtxduck is on a distinguished road

This is so frustrating. It is important for companies to provide good customer service. I do not feel we are getting good service at all.
kiltedtxduck is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Cindey is on a distinguished road

That is good to know thanks! I guess Ganz should address the issue of not letting people know since they did agree too, wonder if Ganz corporate agreed or an employee? I wish they would let insider know or at least on their own newsight. Maybe they should hire someone just for that purpose? The only problem is the more webkinz sold the market is saturated, prices drop (good for us) but bad for Ganz. I have personally seen them drop over $5 a pet since my beginnings. Anyway their profit margin is less but the staff to maintain the websight is growing leaps and bounds. It is frustrating but when you have a service such as the WebkinzWorld offered free with the purchase of a pet. There are no annual dues or fees for service and even tho some do not like the idea Ganz does continually try to add new things to keep people enjoying and interested in the sight. To get this program free or for the nominal charge of the cost of a plushie is a great deal for us. I am just afraid that this may be a sign that we might have to start paying in the future to help them cover the cost of all of the programmers they must employee to keep us happy.

I wonder if the 'dream' team at Ganz had any idea this would grow this big this quick?

Can't wait to get back on! But I will wait and I will still visit my retailer weekly

Don't juge a man until you have walked a mile in their shoes. I imagine many Ganz employees own Webkinz and have accounts but how many of us have written a program of this magnitude!

Hang In There!
Cindey is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Siiba will become famous soon enough

I completely agree. It is very frustrating to not be able to get on Webkinz for such a long amount of time.
Release notes was a very good idea, or it would be if they every updated them to tell us what is going on...
Extremely poor customer service, we, as their customers, should be told what is going on rather than being shut out of Webkinz with no information whatsoever.
Hopefully the updates they are doing will be worth it!
Siiba is offline Female
Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
diannebee will become famous soon enough

I just wish they would have a spot on their Kinzville News site(or whatever it's called) that would highlight what's going on. It would help to have that info right on a Ganz site - rather than 'rumors' anywhere else - no matter how 'official' they are.

I am just glad we have WI to turn to - a place to get info and a place to vent about whatever it is that needs venting.
diannebee is offline Female

post problem notices, pounder, ww updates

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: