Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #51
Gifted

ChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a million
ChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a million

Default Re: WebkinzInsider Veteran's Day Contest

Today is Veteran's Day,if you do,or do not know a veteran,its a day to remember all of them,who have served & are still serving our country.They leave their families behind to protect ours,god bless them.
ChrissyW is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #52
elcome aboard
Webkinz :)

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

I thought I'd just copy out the poem my ds is learning today:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We live, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Lt.-Col. John McCrae (1872-191
COONYCOON is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 AM   #53
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

My mother’s family tree is populated with patriots and Veterans. One ancestor and all six of his sons served in the War of Independence.
My paternal grandfather earned his citizenship by serving in WWI. My father served in both WWII and the Korean War.
As the child of a Veteran and as an American, I am extremely grateful for each and every military person who sacrifices time from their life to serve and protect our freedoms, our people, our lives, and our country.
To all the families who have prayed for family members in service for our country, I extend my thanks.
To all veterans and all military personnel, I offer my earnest and heartfelt gratitude.
One day to recognize you, is not enough. You are all heroes who deserve to be recognized every day.
However, on this Veteran’s Day I offer to you my sincere THANK YOU.

Click the image to open in full size.
Webkinz_Lovers is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #54
warrenbl

warren b l will become famous soon enough

Thank you to all of those that are or have served our country in Iraq and Afganistan. You all have made the ultamite sacrifice so that we can be safe and enjoy the country we currently live in. Thank You!
warren b l is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #55
whitemilk
Gifted

MommyWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightMommyWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightMommyWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks is not said enough for those who risk their lives to protect ours! Thank you to all the military and their families...past present and future!!
MommyWebkinz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #56

Sammymc has a spectacular aura about

I come from an Army family. My Dad, uncle, and several cousins all chose to serve in the U.S. Army. When my other Uncle decided to join the Air Force instead it caused a big stink, until my parents generation and the one before them figured out that service for your country is service for your country, whether it's as a pilot or navigator in the air force, an MP or ground soldier in the Army, or even a doctor, nurse, or secretary, etc. I'm grateful to all of them for what they have done and suffered for our country. And I know none of them regret a moment of their service. Veterans day is not a day for debate or anger, but of thankfulness and remembrance.
Sammymc is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #57

kittycat41 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very proud of our American vererans and active duty military heros. They are willing to go and fight for our freedoms. I wish them all well and pray God's blessings on each and everyone of them.
Kittycat41
kittycat41 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #58

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I honour of Remembrance Day, I want to say thank you to all our soldiers, past and present, who have or are currently serving not just our country, but also all of the free world.
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #59
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roost

My Dad is a veteran. He was in the Army and was also an Air Force pilot. He always made sure that we kids wore our poppies (I live in Canada) and understood te sacrifice that vetereans have nade for our freedom.

A cute story... every November 11th there is a big service in the morning attnded by thousands and so many young kids are brought by their parents so that they may learn to appreciate what our military does and is willing to sacrifice for us. One little boy came up to my Dad one Nov 11th a few years ago and shaking my father's hand said "Thank you for giving your life for me." It was very cute but at the same time touching because it is the intent of men and women in the armed forces to make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and I do appreciate that.
pollywog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #60

Ladyt has disabled reputation

Today in Australia is Remembrence Day. It is the day we remember our fallen, the sacrifice they made and are thankful that they served our country to give us the freedom and way of life we now enjoy.

We wear a poppy flower or a sprig of rosemary to mark the day and have 1 minutes silence at 11 am as a sign of respect.

Thank you to all those who have fought (and died) protecting our way of life. Lest We Forget.

Click the image to open in full size.
Ladyt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
god bless all, god bless who died, hurricanes, make a wish veterans, redstar55wuzhere, thank you (:, thanks for protecting us, those in war thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: