Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #81
I'll PM my Wkz ID...
Gift Guru

whzqzi is just really nicewhzqzi is just really nice

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Hey everyone! Well, the server prices are continuing to increase as we grow and grow. Unfortunately, the ads really, really don't cut it. Right now, they don't cover the cost we are paying for our hosting and, we need an upgrade in less than a month which will likely triple our hosting costs to nearly $500/mo.

I've been trying to think of the best way to cover these cost and thought the auction ads might work, but I think that company is deliberately not reporting our results.

One of our members is a retailer in New York that does not have an online sales division and has approached us with a proposal to have us take the orders through WI, while they fulfill them. Basically, you will be buying from them, but the retailer has agreed to pay a percentage of their sales to WI for using the site.

The tentative pricing would be:
  • Webkinz -- $14.99
  • Lil Kinz -- $11.99
We're just wondering what kind of response to expect, so 1) we can decide if it is worthwhile and 2) how many the retailer needs to order to try and keep up with potential demand.

Let us know your opinion and vote on the poll!!!

NOTE: If you would not buy them from us, please make a suggestion on how we can manage the costs that are spiraling out of control. We cannot think of any other options.
i think the prices are high - especially with additional shipping costs.

maybe they could be a good source for harder to findwebkinz... where you could give them your wish list.

another revenue source could be from users in the trading area somehow - not sure how to do it but charge small fee to traders.

whzqzi
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #82
d a r l i n g;]
Gifted

webkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, maybe not?
webkinzrules4ever is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #83
kayka05
Gifted

Kayka05 is on a distinguished road

You could do ad free for those who donate, and click
ads for those who choose not to. Or they could have one-day access for a big click-through ad.

I'm surprised so many people would be unwilling to make a one-time or infrequent purchase to keep the site going.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #84
Hey yall, pm me for
Gift Guru

Buttons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of light

ung. i do not think charging members would be a good idea! don't do it please for my sake! i can't do it! agg. man i won't be able to use ths site anymore. dern
Old 07-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #85
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

kinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clown

Would it become manditory to buy from WI? Or is it just a way to earn money, while helping people out? I think its a great idea, although I do not think I will be able to buy from WI. I think youd get a huge response, but was wondering if I did not buy, will I be unable to access WI anymore? Thats a great idea to earn money, and I hope it works out ! And if not, below Carlos, had some preety good ideas instead, if this did not work out.

Last edited by kinz09; 07-12-2007 at 03:58 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #86
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Oh my I think having those webkinz here could cause some issues you may not realize that could create some problems. What happens when you run out of one everyone wants. How will you decide who gets what when the numbers are low on certain ones. This will add a whole new dimension to your site that will create a lot of work for you. Plus you will have to have a decent check out section and you can't sell without people's personal information which puts the site at risk. I think that is something I personally would not want to get into.

I feel if people really like this site they would not mind paying a small annual fee to join. That is what one of the websites I am a part of does.

You will then have to change the site to a place of business, you will pay taxes on each item you sell here. So what are you actually saving?
Tula is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #87
Carlos

Sorry, I also would not buy webkinz through WI - the cost (in US$) is too high and the shipping would kill me. If you had multiple retailers selling trading cards or things with a WI logo, I might buy them (or rather get my aunt to buy them for me).

I believe you should consider the donation option because my aunt and my friends' parents would prefer this to buying things.

Also, you might consider offering a "pro" membership that entitles members, amongst other things, to a gift-exchange escrow service. (I know kids are not supposed to know words like this - live with it!) People would exchange gifts though a super moderator. I would recommend a once-in-a-lifetime fee for such a thing. The free membership would have access to all regular forums and the open gift exchange. I know a lot of parents do the gift exchanges for their kids but they might welcome a place where their kids can do their own exchanges without worrying about scamming.

Just a few thoughts
Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #88
Hey yall, pm me for
Gift Guru

Buttons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of light

hey! i ahve an idea! why don't you have something like icontaor.com where there is an add on the sides and stuff just for random things. iodn't think people would mind having to see those things on the sie. or even a click through add where when you enter the site an add pops up and you have to just x it out you know? oh well. hope i helped. sort of.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #89
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

i really work hard at tempering my daughters need to have more webkinz...lol. so i dont let her buy many. so ill never be a good source of revenue for you all im afraid. when we do...we're able to buy them up the street for 11.99...even hard to find ones.

so...im not sure id be a top buyer. if i did buy one...would one really make that much a difference for you all? because if you asked me honestly...buy one and we get 50 cents or so back...or donate...ill take the donation part.

i COMPLETELY understand your costs and its amazing youve been able to do what you've done so far with no charge to the thousands of people who enjoy your site.

im all up for helping out. im just not sure i would be a big contributor this way not only because i might be able to buy them cheaper somewhere else...but mostly because we just dont buy many.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #90
Webkinz :)

Snow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all aroundSnow*Berry radiates beauty and kindness all around

I know this might not be popular with everyone. I would suggest starting a yearly/monthly membership fee to this site.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: