Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #71
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

I wouldn't buy them. I agree with MamaDoh. The prices are more than I'm paying now, plus shipping and handling. A place to donate to the site would be okay, and maybe a shop with items to buy in it that you could go to on the site (maybe with WI logo items as suggested above) would be okay. And, as some have mentioned, this may be taking away some of our members business. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #72
Hey yall, pm me for
Gift Guru

Buttons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of lightButtons is a glorious beacon of light

sorry, i wouldn't buy any, as i don't think im buying anymroe, as i can't afford it with my budget of 30 dollars a wekks from babysitting. i can t even buy any from stores here! sorry1 i hope we can figure out a solution!

as, for what luvmyfamily said, you can't do that, many people here are kids as well as adults, and im sure my parents wouldn't let me pay something for this site. yes, i agree it is a very good site, but it would not, in my opinion, be worth a charge. i love trading and all the houes and stuff, but i jsut couldn't pay for this site. im sorry,andi know this doesn't really help. but i feel making people pay for use of the site would not only turn away new members, but make loyal members, leave the site. sorry for all of this unhappy thougths, but it is my opinoin. thanks. **9pe you figure something out. thanks

Last edited by Buttons; 07-12-2007 at 03:27 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #73
Uggfan22
Gifted

webbykinnzy is a jewel in the roughwebbykinnzy is a jewel in the rough

I would buy some of them. I could have a better chance of getting he ones I want.
webbykinnzy is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #74
aselena, georgemtm
Gifted
georgemtm is an unknown quantity at this point

At $500/month you are talking $6000 per year. That would be less than $1 per person to use the site and no need to sell webkinz. A small donation or fee seems much easier or either ask each member to click on "x" number of ads per day since those will pay the site per click.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #75
JE11YBEAN
Webkinz :)
JE11YBEAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Justin

I think that having the store option is a fabulous idea! And definately worth the consideration. The pricing is good and shipping costs would be the only issue. However, that won't matter when I really, really want that black cat or reindeer and want to be sure I get one when they come out! I say go for it! Buying online is sometimes much more convenient. And we all want this forum to stay! I'm definately IN on buying some from you online!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #76
MOMOFDOUBLES
Webkinz :)
MOMOFDOUBLES is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 5 shops within a mile of my house that sell Webkinz, the only time I would need to pay more than $11.00 plus shipping is if there is another strike or shortage.

I am a big time TY Beanie Baby collector and belong to a lot of sites like yours, one site had set up paypal to take donations from its users. The donations don't have to be a hugh amount, if every user put in a $1.00 to $2.00 a month or every other month you would have your fees. I know some are children, maybe their parents would let them mail you a donation of any amount they can send. this is one option.

The other option is one similiar to the poll but just charge merchants to advertise on the site for a fee with no strings such as your members buying from them.

Have you given thought to a Msn group?

I hope it works out.

Patty
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #77
taylorskoolkins
Gifted

iluvelephants is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a great idea, one suggestion which you don't HAVE to use. Not many people will buy lil'kinz, because most retailers sell them for about 7 or 8 dollars. Webkinz will sell good though, I think they are well priced!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #78
slb2724
Gifted

slb2724 has a spectacular aura about

It would be cool if they had some that weren't available where I am, but, There are 3 halmarks within a 5-10 minute drive from my house, and you guessed it, they're all cheaper. I understand that there needs to be money made though.....

I just can't think of any that don't involve copyright infringement.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #79
Gift Guru

googles is a splendid one to beholdgoogles is a splendid one to beholdgoogles is a splendid one to beholdgoogles is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by MOMOFDOUBLES
I have 5 shops within a mile of my house that sell Webkinz, the only time I would need to pay more than $11.00 plus shipping is if there is another strike or shortage.

I am a big time TY Beanie Baby collector and belong to a lot of sites like yours, one site had set up paypal to take donations from its users. The donations don't have to be a hugh amount, if every user put in a $1.00 to $2.00 a month or every other month you would have your fees. I know some are children, maybe their parents would let them mail you a donation of any amount they can send. this is one option.

The other option is one similiar to the poll but just charge merchants to advertise on the site for a fee with no strings such as your members buying from them.

Have you given thought to a Msn group?

I hope it works out.

Patty

Ooh. Good one! An address to mail $ to would be better for a lot of people who don't like giving online.

Last edited by googles; 07-12-2007 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #80
Babs9596
Gift Guru

babs9596 will become famous soon enough

I voted maybe for two reasons. 1) Having 23 webkinz already, it would depend on which one WI has available and 2) Shipping costs would of course factor in.

I do think this is a good idea though!
babs9596 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: