Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #331
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

View Post Originally Posted by kayeray
Justin first said to us that if we bought from the company they would give Webkinz Insider a portion of the sales, then after I replied the first time, he came back and said that they had to mark up the prices because they had to add the middle man to it. Marking up the prices to add the middle man to it is alot different from the company giving a portion of the profits. He also said that the store had to pay employees, get shelfing and etc. Well so does the other stores, however they are not ripping us off by adding higher prices. Why do I feel like by Justin's responses that the memembers that purchase at those ridiculous prices is being taking advantage of if this vender is allowed to sell on our site?
Like many on this site, I not only support the site, however will not support the sale of Webkinz from a company that will be making HUGE profits. If the company would lower thier prices to the Ganz reccommended prices and give the site like 25%, not only will the company still make a large profit, but the 25% will cover all the cost that we need to keep the site up and running. I'm wondering if we aren't being used for someone to gain high profits off us. I will continue to donate to the site, but I'm not going to make someone rich off of it. I will go to a site that realizes that as it grows that cost are involved first. No need to take advantage of members. This is just my opinion except for the factual information that Ganz sells thier products low enough for retailers to make excellent profit by selling Webkinz for $12.99 and LilKinz for $9.99. Those are high enough prices anyways for a stuffed animal that is so small. However, that is the going retail rate($12.99 & $9.99) most everywhere even some online stores.
I'm also questioning how much of this profit will be given to Webkinz Insider? The reason for asking is that I can sell Webkinz and Lil Kinz all day long for the $12.99 and $9.99 and still give 25% of the profits to Webkinz Insider and still make around a $6.00 profit off each Webkinz.
How much will this company give WI Justin for those sales? I understand the higher shipping and handling because you still have to purchase the boxes/or envelopes to mail them out in, but the price is nuts unless they are give you like 50% profit on each.

Another thing, we have a lot of kids on this site.......They save and save and save some even save an entire year to just buy one Webkinz, they barely can afford the higher prices at the stores, How are they going to be able to afford an additional $3 mark-up? Shessh!
Again, I thank you for your donation, but you still are missing the point. While it may seem like simple math to say "I buy Webkinz for $8.00 and sell them for $12.99, I make $4.99 profit", that isn't the case. I'm sure that some of you retailers can chime in and explain overhead, fixed & variable costs, inventory carrying costs, etc. I don't feel we are taking advantage of members in any way. I've explained everything up front and openly and it is everyone's choice whether or not to buy them. I just figured this was a win-win situation for a retailer, WI and its members. People who aren't into donating specifically, can donate through their purchases and I, for one, thought it was a great idea. I have put a great deal of time and money into making WI what it is, the software alone has run us thousands already, and I have had the luxury (up to this point) of being able to do this full-time, but there came a point where I realized that I couldn't do it much longer!

View Post Originally Posted by GrannySalty
I just hope all the adults out there get to see the small PayPal donation link at the top of the page!

Even if only 500 of the 10,000 members contributed $12.00 for a year of WI that would be $6000.00 divided by the 12 months is the $500.00 a month needed now So if more than the 500 contribute or some give more than $12.00 it should cover any increases too!

So come on folks $12.00 is only $1.00 a month for a year of WI! :0

Yes yes and thank you very much for encouraging people!!!
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2007, 10:36 PM   #332
holisterxoxo
Gift Guru

Couturegrl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

i would buy webbies from u guys just to help keep this site running i dont know what i would do without it
Couturegrl is offline Female
Old 07-15-2007, 09:17 AM   #333
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know..where the people live that are complaining about the high prices but where i live prices are 12.99 and 9.99 before taxes. So this is not a huge mark up to me. And i know there are shipping costs but they are also time and gas prices involved. And have people ever been to a small site called Ebay? Look at the prices people pay there, including myself if its a webkinz my kids want. So i say if it keeps the site alive and helps out go for it.. If you dont plan to buy any webkinz say No thank you and leave it at that!!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #334
umustpmme4it
Gifted

rattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Cleopatra312
I buy lil' kinz for ten. not eight.
$8 dollars may be too little.... WI won't make any money if they lower it to that!

Please, $11 isn't bad for a Lil' Kinz. As Redwings08 said, if you don't want to buy it, don't, and please just leave it at that!

Until I buy a Webkinz from here, I will continue to click every eBay link I see under the "Rares".

Last edited by rattygirl; 07-16-2007 at 10:25 AM..
Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #335
superpineapple
Banned
superpineapple4 is on a distinguished road

I'm not alloud to get anymore webkinz!!! it makes me sooo sad.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #336
Gifted

longislandsue is an unknown quantity at this point

would definitely buy all of my webkinz from you guys!!

enjoy
susan
Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #337
I LOVE HARRY POTTER
Webkinz :)

boochyrules will become famous soon enough

If I can get my friends to help me with the ordering and all that, I would buy these from your site. Our computer isn't great with lots of sites so I can't get on a lot of things at my house, but I would definitly buy Webkinz from here if I can!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #338
Sakura222
Lil Kinz

Windy346 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't trust people online selling webkinz...only ebay. Sorry! But I must say good luck!
Windy346 is offline Female
Old 07-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #339
Lil Kinz
Cutie320 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

if you want MY opinion, I probably wouldn't buy the webkinz if they were $15, i love webkinz but that price is just too much!
i would make the webkinz $9 and the lil' kinz $7. i'm pretty sure thats a resonable price.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #340
CleoCosette

Thanks rattygirl, I mean really, it would be eight dollar per year on webkinz, no that's just a little cheap! 10 is what I got my cute little jade for!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: