Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #301
kayeray
Gift Guru

kayeray has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

Justin and other site owners,
I have pondered over this for the past couple of days have been waiting to post my reply so that I could think of something to help the site. I have read every single post as well as made a list of pros and cons. I commend you for letting the members know of the situation and for asking their opinion first before making any quick decisions. I decided to call one of my family members who works for Ganz Corporate and explained the situation to him and asked his opinion.
Having an area where people can donate either through paypal or other free pay buttons is great! Also, having a vender to offer webkinz is great, however the current vender picked(based by the prices) is not compariable. The reccommended retail price to retailers for Webkinz is $11.99 and for LilKinz is $8.99 reccommended by Ganz in the United States. Prices are slightly higher in Canada. Every retailer in the United States is charged the same wholesale price for their Webkinz and Lil Kinz.
After finding out this information, the vender that is in New York that you guys are wanting to use will be making huge profits. If your vender could bring the prices of the Webkinz to the Ganz reccommended prices, not only would they get more business, but repeat business, therefore in the long run, make more money.........plus it would bring in more money for the site. As well as bring back repeat business, bringing in more money. At the reccommended prices, the retailer is able to get their money back with three times the mark-up in profits.
My point being after I found out this information is that if you pay anything above $12 for a Webkinz, your being ripped off.
After finding this out, I was shocked because the stores in my state sell WebKinz and Lil kinz for $12.99 and $9.99 and that is how I've been buying them. Plus there is several websites that sell them for $12.99 with $4.80 to $5.95 shipping and handling fee.
If your retailer or any retrailer you find would sell Webkinz for the Ganz reccommended price ($11.99 & $8.99 w/reasonable shipping) I personally would buy all of my webkinz from this site. However, at the prices that your picked retailer has, I wouldn't because I could purchase them cheaper here at home or at other online web sites cheaper.
Ok, I've looked at charging a fee for the site..........that wouldn't work. #1. We have lots of kids on this site that can not pay a subscription fee, monthly fee or yearly fee. If you start charging a fee of some sort, the numbers would drop and therefore wouldn't need to charge a fee.
A. Parent's wouldn't let them pay a fee
B. Kids do not have credit cards or checking accounts
C. Parent's are not going to give their kids that kind of Secure information rather it was secure or noton the site to give that information out.
#2 Those that could pay a fee wouldn't because their is to many sites out there that are free where you can get information from, post and even trade safely.
#3 If you charge a fee, you would have to pay taxes on it to your Federal and State because it would be concidered income. You don't want to do that. You want to stay non-profit and a free site.
Ok, How do we get money to pay the server fees? That is a big question and not easy to answer.
We have several options here.
#1 Most definately, have the free dontion button to Paypal and advertise that memebers donations is how the site stays afloat.
#2 Find a retailer that will sell webkinz for the Ganz reccommended prices of the $11.99 & $8.99 with reasonable shipping and secure payment buttons. Also resonable shipping time. Any of this pre-order certificates or pre-order is ridiculous to buyers. That will not work. A few people might fall for the pre-order stuff, but most will not.
NOTE: When purchasing anything from any site if it has https (note the "s" after the p) It is a secure site.
#3 Keep the pay by click buttons on the site of the site. Send out a once a monthto all members a reminder PM to memebers asking them to please click on some of the buttons since it helps keep the site afloat by members checking it out. Let them know it doesn't cost them anything to just click.
#4 Some of the kids and adults on our site enjoy making avitars and signatures for people. Set up an area(thread) where the kids can make these for people for a donation of any amount to the site. Once it has been confirmed they made a donation, then those that enjoy doing it would make an avitar or signature for them. Give those that make avitars or signatures some sort of saying or picture by their name, something like that. (maybe WI Avitar Artist or WI Signature Artist) Belive me kids/teens want to help and be a part of something. (helps their self-esteem too)

I will continue to ponder on this and try to come up with more ways the site can make money so that we can keep it open.....
In the meantime, as an adult and member of this site.......I wil make a donation.
Best of luck & lots of love,
Kayeray

kayeray is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #302
goldensonic
Webkinz :)
goldensonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

this website is very cool,i will surely support you website and buy webkinz her,thank you!!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #303
eb4life
Gifted

Web4life will become famous soon enough

I might, if shipping price isnt bad.Anything to help a friend of Kristin.
Web4life is offline Female
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #304
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4U
I imagine that she would combine shipping. I think that is a better option than ebay anyday. We get the webkinz that we want and it helps support the site to keep it up and running. To me it is a win win situation.
I couldn't have put it better! Most independent stores have gone to the $14.99 price point. The cost of shipping offsets gas, time and sales tax. Since it supports WI, I'm all for it, even if it were a dollar or two more but it looks like it would be a wash.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #305
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kinz09
Green is gifted gurus, blues are mods and administraters, and black are gifted or webkinz I believe..is that correct Justin? I have come to that conclusion after also observing the changes in color, once I had become gg.
Yes, you are exactly right!

View Post Originally Posted by kayeray
Justin and other site owners,
After finding out this information, the vender that is in New York that you guys are wanting to use will be making huge profits. If your vender could bring the prices of the Webkinz to the Ganz reccommended prices, not only would they get more business, but repeat business, therefore in the long run, make more money.........plus it would bring in more money for the site. As well as bring back repeat business, bringing in more money. At the reccommended prices, the retailer is able to get their money back with three times the mark-up in profits.
My point being after I found out this information is that if you pay anything above $12 for a Webkinz, your being ripped off.
After finding this out, I was shocked because the stores in my state sell WebKinz and Lil kinz for $12.99 and $9.99 and that is how I've been buying them. Plus there is several websites that sell them for $12.99 with $4.80 to $5.95 shipping and handling fee.
If your retailer or any retrailer you find would sell Webkinz for the Ganz reccommended price ($11.99 & $8.99 w/reasonable shipping) I personally would buy all of my webkinz from this site. However, at the prices that your picked retailer has, I wouldn't because I could purchase them cheaper here at home or at other online web sites cheaper.
Thank you for your opinion and suggestions. We know full-well that we won't have low prices. While it may seem like a lot of "profit" from a wholesale to retail markup, many people forget overhead costs, such as hourly salary for employees, benefits, utilities, and rent that these retailers must pay for their B&M operations. I'm sure that the retailer would be willing to sell at the current retail price of $12.99 that you see everywhere on the Internet, but WI wouldn't get any of that revenue because the profit would be very slim.

View Post Originally Posted by VirgoGirl95
I can buy my webkinz for 12.99 and lil' kinz for 9.99. Check your prices!
Again, we're not trying to be price-competitive here. If Ganz gave us a Webkinz account, we'd surely sell them at whatever the suggested retail price was, but the arrangement is profit-sharing and, in order for there to be profits for both parties, the prices must be higher.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #306
ygk3hello
Gift Guru

WatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of lightWatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of lightWatchdogChick is a glorious beacon of light

I pay anywhere from $14.99 to $11.99 for a Webkinz and $12.99 to $9.99 for a Lil'kinz in my area. There are stores here that charge $15.50 or even $18.00 for a Webkinz! If you check prices online, the retailer's prices are actually within respectable and reasonable range. The point a lot of us seem to not fully understand is that if we buy from this retailer, we will be supporting WI's revenue, so that our favorite website stays afloat. I buy items I don't necessarily need to support a cause or a charity I believe in all the time. Moms who have kids, you know too well what I'm talking about. The difference here is that we like Webkinz and will buy more of them, so Justin is giving us an option (yes, a choice, and not a requirement) to buy them here, so that we can help him keep WI open and free for members and non-members.

Last edited by WatchdogChick; 07-13-2007 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: correct typo
Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #307
umustpmme4it
Gifted

rattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of lightrattygirl is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by VirgoGirl95
I can buy my webkinz for 12.99 and lil' kinz for 9.99. Check your prices!
Don't forget, WI needs money to pay for the extra bandwidth, and that can get pricey. $14.99 isn't bad, it's great compared to other places. This isn't supposed to be competitive. If you want to support WI, this is pretty good.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:19 PM   #308
Gifted
Kieq will become famous soon enough

With Shipping charges on top of those prices it would just be too much more thenfinding them locally. If you sold the cards here I might buy some though since the cost of shipping on those is likely a stamp and not much more.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #309
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

The independent Hallmark near my home has been charging $15.99 for the past two months. $14.99 is more than fair especially if it helps keep WI a free site.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 07-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #310
Webkinz :)
cdbear69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definately buy some of the Webkinz that are not up here in Maine yet. I am still waiting for the Husky, Chocolate Lab and Coon to get here.

Webkinz: wrestleref and my daughter's is: ryebear96
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: