Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 PM   #281
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

I would love the idea of one stop shopping. When will they start?
mom2tc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #282
Gifted

jitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of lightjitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of lightjitterbug100 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

id buy some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
jitterbug100 is offline Female
Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #283
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Thank you all so much for donating!! It will really help out as, while I hope the server will last us a good 6 months before we need to upgrade again (which is why I'm building out so far), it probably won't!

Remember, we started at the end of March paying $6/mo....... Thank you also to those concerned about me overpaying for our future hosting. We receive over half a million hits a day. We are currently on a 2 x dual Opteron 2212 with 1GB of RAM, 750GB of monthly transfer and 120GB of hard drive space. I'm running an alternate webserver called "lighttpd" to cut down on loads, but with 400-500 concurrent users at peak, the server starts to load up. I believe that, in less than a month, at peak, we'll most likely start having issues. So, the server we are upgrading to will be an 8-core server (4 x dual core Opteron 870) to help mitigate the load, with a 100Mbps uplink, 2 GB of RAM, 2TB monthly transfer and 250GB of hard drive space. Mostly the upgrade, as usual, is for load purposes (and because we transfer about 25-30GB per day). This will be our third move. If we outgrow the new server, I will have to begin load balancing across multiple servers (which I'm told, at this point, without lighttpd, we'd have to already).

Basically, we need power. And lots of it. Imagine 400-500 people all using your computer at once.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #284
Gift Guru

born_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to all

So much behind hte scenes stuff involved with this. I knew running a forum was a hard job,but I had NO IDEA that you had to think about things like this. BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO
Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #285
Webkinz :)
iliketurtles is an unknown quantity at this point

i might buy some depending on tax & s/h. i am also unsure, because some websites rip you off, or use your credit card #...
i think i trust this site though.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #286
pearsinthetree
Gifted

Pears will become famous soon enough

So your selling webkinz now? I might buy some from you. It depends on what webkinz you have in stock, and the price.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #287
Gifted

sweetkinz is on a distinguished road

Count me in for a regular donation
Old 07-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #288
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

kinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clown

Oh, the setup of the donations is great! I think this is a great way to earn some $ to help with the upkeep of this website...I already viewed the amount of donors and there is alot! Thank you Justin, for making this also a free website, and coming up with an alternative in keeping it that way !
Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #289
icyjoe
Lil Kinz
IcyJoe is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry but if that is a requirement I will not continue using this site.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #290
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kinz09
Oh, the setup of the donations is great! I think this is a great way to earn some $ to help with the upkeep of this website...I already viewed the amount of donors and there is alot! Thank you Justin, for making this also a free website, and coming up with an alternative in keeping it that way !
Thank you! And again, thanks so much to all the donors! I'm very impressed with the generosity of everyone!! With the fallout from elubin's request for donations, I was skeptical, but this is really great everyone!

View Post Originally Posted by IcyJoe
sorry but if that is a requirement I will not continue using this site.
There are no requirements for use of the site.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: