Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #181
endy is back!
Wendy is sweet stuff
Wendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuffWendy is sweet stuff

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

View Post Originally Posted by privateyes2038
LOL i could easliy afford to hire two people if I had that much more business over night! ****...you should know that with your masters degree
seems you would need one to handle the orders and one for shipping. (at least!)
This rings of jealously. And personal attacks on other members, especially the owner, will not be tolerated here.

You have said your piece and your opinion is noted.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #182
almawang is an unknown quantity at this point

super idea. i would love to buy webkinz from u. it would help the site and me!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #183
xhollixsterx is a jewel in the roughxhollixsterx is a jewel in the rough

I would probably buy some, dependiing on shipping costs, of course.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #184
dizz is on a distinguished road

I also think it's a good idea selling webkinz here, but like aleanora, I'd only buy here if the stores didn't have the webkinz I wanted. vbmenu_register("postmenu_503349", true);
Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #185

View Post Originally Posted by privateyes2038
I have never received even one order from members or ANYTHING having to do with WI. Personally...i was asked by someone...if they could or would I want...to add my name to the list. Webkinz sell themselves. However...being a retailer...this seems quite an unfair advantage to this so called "generous" stores offers. It is annoying to me that a public forum would even consider doing such a huge amount of business with just one retailer. that is from a retailer's point of view. one that is not a Chain store...but if I had all your business and orders???I could order as big as the chain stores.
Wish I had thought of this!

just seems unfair to give such advantage to ONE retailer. I am not on this site to do retail sales so that is not at all what I am referring to. I have one member on this site that because of our trades and very long talks...buys from me now and then. that is the only person I have done business with here. I do not wish to be here but for only the fun and friends and info and because this is the best site out there.

so please don't confuse retail people in the fact that is seems very unfair to offer such huge sales for just one store. Just my opinion Justin. trust me when I say...that if I had had the idea..the means and made the "deal" with you on the webkinz... i would be at the advantage...even with doing it at a great discount ...business is business and whome ever it is...is doing it for the business.

Don't confuse this as someone helping another.

please...and know that I do not personally blame you in that it sounds like a perfect solution for you. But I do not believe it is the only solution...and for you to choose one store to do business with...well...need I say more?

thanks for letting me air my opinion.

"I will buy ALL MINE HERE"

Need I say more Justin???
This endeavor is TO HELP SAVE WI. If you have not understood, WI NEEDS MONEY. Justin and WI are CHOOSING to go with the retailer that asked BECAUSE THEY OFFERED. I am sure if you offered your goods as well Justin would have considered you. Someone just beat you to it. So, you'll get em next time! who cares? Webkinz and WI arent to make money. They are to have fun and spread the joy of having fun! WI needs money and we are just weighing options. That is all. I am sure people will still purchase from you. Don't be jealous because this member offered to buy here. They did that to contribute to WI! NOT TO SPITE OTHER RETAILERS! there are millions of users that will buy at other places.
View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for expressing their opinions. I can assure you that Justin and I will do our very best to keep the site up and running for you.

Please understand that with over 11,000 members we can't make everyone happy, so we will do our best to make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of the site and of the group.
thanks so much for clarifying this. I agree 100% and will support whatever decision is made.
View Post Originally Posted by CrazyboutWK
Wow, Jason, you've really got a lot to think about here. I have to admit that I had never given a thought to what is costs to keep this site going (other than the fact that I appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into it). I would be willing to buy or to make a direct donation to help out.
I think you mean Justin....

Last edited by cacaoxlacte; 07-12-2007 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #186
hy isn't he real?
Gift Guru
fasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to all

Donation Award 

We would definately purchase Webkinz here, as long as costs were reasonable and the selection is good.
fasterthenever is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #187
Gift Guru
sdapp has a spectacular aura about

WI Subscriber

Well, I figure as an adult, I might as well chime in. I voted No simply because I would much rather donate $20 and have that entire amount go for upkeep rather than being dependant on the .50 cents you would get off of each webkinz sale. I would not advocate a membership fee as truthfully it will hurt those who can't pay. I love it being free access and I as an able adult can and would pay a donation to enable that to continue. I have kids that if they were old enough I would want them to be able to find such a great site as this and be able to use it freely. I have been a part of a disney pin collecting group for years and we all donate to a paypal account to keep the database open to the public at large. It is over well $6000 a year and we have always raised our money well before the end of the year so I know it is possible. We are about the same size I think. If you want to do the business too, that is fine. I am blessed with lots of local access and one shop in particular, a Mom and Pop called Take Root, that I love to support. For those who have limited access the online store could be a real benefit. Although when 10,000 of us try to reserve 15,000 of the reindeers, it could get ugly.....
For elubin - I missed your post but I would have posted in 100% support of the donation idea. Like I said, I am part of a group where it has worked for many years now.
Good Luck in the decision making. We'll all pray that the right one is made and you all have peace of mind about it. :-)
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #188

Hey, I just thought of something.

Do it! Do it no matter what people say here. The only outcome is a benefit! If no one buys them, So WHAT? It probably doesnt cost anything to add a new section to the site. You can easily get rid of it.

Pros: The retailer will gain more $. It can only help WI stay afloat. You will gain a rep not only as a great forum, but as a retailer. People will come here just to look to buy a WK, and might see the forum, and join. People looking for a forum to join might buy a Webkinz. In google, etc. you guys can come up as a Webkinz retailer.

Theres lots More pros. It is an awesome idea!!

Another idea: Have all members grandfathered in now, but charge 1.00 admission for all future members?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #189
slb2724 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Wendy
This rings of jealously. And personal attacks on other members, especially the owner, will not be tolerated here.

You have said your peace and your opinion is noted.
I didn't want to say anything in fear of getting another "being rude in another members thread" infraction, but I agree. Just because they picked someone else doesn't mean you have to unleash the green eyed monster...You should be happy that WI will (maybe) have a great opportunity to raise money for the site they let us all use. It's not Justins fault the person volunteered...

Wendy- This must be really hard, but you're all doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #190
theblueeyz is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

Here's a simple suggestion - I know you're probably loath to do this, but you could move to a very inexpensive subscription model. You've got enough members that $2 per year would cover your costs, even given the attrition the forum would suffer by implementing a subscription fee. And it's low enough that I think most people who actually want to stay part of WI would accept it.

You might make a poll asking how much people would be willing to pay to subscribe to WI. I know I would pay $2/year.

Another option would be to move to $1/yr to have a gift thread. That's even cheaper and will at least offset your costs (might even still fully cover them, I don't know how many active gift threads there are). I think $1 is worth it to have a place where you know your trades are safe instead of out on the wild internet.

Last edited by theblueeyz; 07-12-2007 at 08:38 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: