Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #161
Crowisland13
Gift Guru
crowisland13 is just really nicecrowisland13 is just really nice

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

I think that only 5 or less webkinz for each person so the demand won't be soooooooooooooooooo high
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #162
Lil Kinz
taowyman is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by taowyman
I am an adult. My daughter loves this website and I stumbled upon it by accident when searching for some hard to buy webkinz. This is a great forum and I hope that we can help brainstorm ideas to keep this site running without a huge impact to everyone's pocketbook.

I have not had time to read everyone's comments, but I did read quite a few.

I would buy webkinz from this site for the following reasons:

price is right (including the shipping charge)
cannot get anywhere else
inventory is stocked!

If it does not appear that you can continue the site with just sales from this retailer, how about opening up the sales to multiple retailers?

I recommend adding a paypal logo for donations. I would be willing to donate a few bucks here and there and I am sure several other members would too.

If that does not work, maybe a small membership fee could help offset the costs....I would be willing to pay $1-$2 per month ($12-$24/year). Not sure how many members you have, but I believe quite a few people search and view as guests, this would require them to sign up to view info and generate some income. You could even offer a discount for a 1 year membership.

Hope this helps! Love this site, it makes my daughter very happy!

I forgot to mention, I do not recommend a premium area for membership fees. I belong to a coupon board that did this a few years ago and it was basically a huge flop. I paid the premium dues and after about two months, they could not manage a normal and premium section and re-combined them. What a waste of money this was for me!

Thanks again for taking all of our input into consideration!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #163
webkinz1020

i'll try to buy kinz
Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM   #164
Lil Kinz
sasuge is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a really market driven decision. You can try and see how high a price the market will bear before you see declines in sales. Right now Webkins are hot, take advantage of it while you can. When the market slows downs...and it will than you can cut prices
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #165
Lucky1026
Gifted
soeluckydmg is on a distinguished road

I also like the idea of a WI Supporter page ith names or a logo we can put on our avatar like the police force. That way it woud not make ou feel like you ae forcing people. Those tha want too can and they will be noticed throughout WI with a symbol or something.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #166
Gifted

mamafrog is on a distinguished road

I have the one webkinz on behalf of my son and that's enough for me until the year is up. As an adult i have enjoyed the community here and would be willing to paypal donate. I would hate to see kids not able to participate because their parents won't give a credit card for membership fees.

I have watched some online retailers of webkinz, and they don't seem to be able to keep a good selection in stock. I'm know it's not all the retailers fault, but it is frustrating when you want something, they picture something, and then when you click on it, you are told it is not available.

If the company you are looking at is a NY brick and mortar, they are supposed to be charging NY sales taxes to the NY residents,

Good luck!
mamafrog is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #167
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

as more and more of us step up and speak out on donating (and we're really talking older kids and adults who could actually make a decision about money and purchases) i just wanted to say that if i donate to this board...its a donation. i dont want to exclude anyone from a section because they wont pony up.

to ME...its giving money to keep this site going...not to get something extra out of it.

the suggestions are well intentioned and i really appreciate people trying to make it worth it to someone like me. but being able to check things out here...find tips on playing games...getting the inside scoop on whats for sale in the curio shop etc is whats worth it to me.

of course...i have NO idea how much we're talking about here. so i could be thinking along one line and really you need much more.

and i will say...although i trust what direction you've been taking the board...without getting the full scoop...which of course you cant completely reveal...i would wonder if were now talking about you making quite a bit of profit if your sales are successful. i know we live in a capitalistic society...but i already look at webkinz with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth knowing that their venture is very capitalistic.

but then i see what happened with elubin and you're right...we were all critical...including myself.

its a hard one to call. i wish ya well because you have a tough decision to make.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #168
NYMet
Banned
Mr. Met will become famous soon enough

While upgrading servers, find ways to cut down on energy costs buy outfitting the building with solar panels or putting in a wind mill. It would be expensive up front, but keeper through the years and if you don't need all the power, it is sent back into the grid and you get paid. It would be better for you and the environment in the long-term.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #169
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

and please understand...im not in ANY way being accusatory about your intentions. i like to speak my mind and would say so if i felt otherwise.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #170
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
as more and more of us step up and speak out on donating (and we're really talking older kids and adults who could actually make a decision about money and purchases) i just wanted to say that if i donate to this board...its a donation. i dont want to exclude anyone from a section because they wont pony up.

to ME...its giving money to keep this site going...not to get something extra out of it.

the suggestions are well intentioned and i really appreciate people trying to make it worth it to someone like me. but being able to check things out here...find tips on playing games...getting the inside scoop on whats for sale in the curio shop etc is whats worth it to me.

of course...i have NO idea how much we're talking about here. so i could be thinking along one line and really you need much more.

and i will say...although i trust what direction you've been taking the board...without getting the full scoop...which of course you cant completely reveal...i would wonder if were now talking about you making quite a bit of profit if your sales are successful. i know we live in a capitalistic society...but i already look at webkinz with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth knowing that their venture is very capitalistic.

but then i see what happened with elubin and you're right...we were all critical...including myself.

its a hard one to call. i wish ya well because you have a tough decision to make.
Ganz is in the business to make money. They've been around all this time for a reason, they are capable of turning a profit and that's how the world works. People may think that Ganz created Webkinz out of the goodness of their hearts, but I assure you, they didn't.

Right now, all I'm focusing on is trying to stem the hemorrhaging losses that are stacking up. We've paid for this out of our pockets up to this point and given away free Webkinz since the beginning. I actually do this full-time, because I could afford to, but it has really become a huge hole to dump money into (I won't mention the software costs!) and I'm not sure how much longer I can manage.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: