Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #151
Gift Guru

born_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to all

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

I think also if the retailer sold the not yet released ( like the seasonal ) webkinz early ( like preordering) or something , that could generate alot of sales becuase brand new releases and seasonal webkinz are super hard to find. That way we could get them fast instead of having to hunt them down when they come out.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #152
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
About half a dozen people have posted comments like above about a donation option to raise operating funds.
Seems like a good idea to me, too.

The board could recognize those members who contribute with a symbol that indicates that they financially supported this site. Also, maybe for each dollar donated, they would get an additional thankx point added to their reputation. It certainly would show they care about this site and want to keep it going. Or have a post showing the biggest contributors, like a hall of fame -- might encourage more donations in having pride of being one of the top supporters.
I hadn't thought about that, but a "supporter of WI" page hall of fame is a great idea. I really was considering doing the donation thing, but when people laid into elubin for doing it, it kinda scared me!!!

View Post Originally Posted by jlhaffner
you have 100% behind this idea...we are excited....and even with the shipping (as long as it's reasonable) would be well WORTH the price compared to driving between 5 states to get them all...
I will buy all mine here....I do however hope that maybe the retailer will combine shipping if we order more than 1 at a time....

thanks a million to the retailer and to WI for having such an amazing site.....AAA++++
Ohhh, of course, the shopping cart software would take care of all that! Thanks for your support!
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #153
Webkinz :)

Webkinz97 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its kinda over priced if u keep the price lower more people would because some parents are getting to think that webkinz are just useing ur money i think webkinz should be............

Webkinz: 10.50 Lil'Kinz:7.99 Kids and Parents aren't rich u no
Old 07-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #154
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by privateyes2038
I have never received even one order from members or ANYTHING having to do with WI. Personally...i was asked by someone...if they could or would I want...to add my name to the list. Webkinz sell themselves. However...being a retailer...this seems quite an unfair advantage to this so called "generous" stores offers. It is annoying to me that a public forum would even consider doing such a huge amount of business with just one retailer. that is from a retailer's point of view. one that is not a Chain store...but if I had all your business and orders???I could order as big as the chain stores.
Wish I had thought of this!

just seems unfair to give such advantage to ONE retailer. I am not on this site to do retail sales so that is not at all what I am referring to. I have one member on this site that because of our trades and very long talks...buys from me now and then. that is the only person I have done business with here. I do not wish to be here but for only the fun and friends and info and because this is the best site out there.

so please don't confuse retail people in the fact that is seems very unfair to offer such huge sales for just one store. Just my opinion Justin. trust me when I say...that if I had had the idea..the means and made the "deal" with you on the webkinz... i would be at the advantage...even with doing it at a great discount ...business is business and whome ever it is...is doing it for the business.

Don't confuse this as someone helping another.

please...and know that I do not personally blame you in that it sounds like a perfect solution for you. But I do not believe it is the only solution...and for you to choose one store to do business with...well...need I say more?

thanks for letting me air my opinion.

-

"I will buy ALL MINE HERE"

Need I say more Justin???
Of course it is business, I understand that and recognize it. So does the retailer. They came to me with the proposal, I didn't solicit this in any way, or "hand pick" anyone. She is willing to hire a full-time employee to cover all the orders and willing to take the enormous risk that comes with ordering in volume, while all I have to do is build them a system to take and process orders. We are helping each other, in a legally-binding business agreement. Believe me, I have an MBA and have a financial advisor and lawyer looking at this from all angles, this isn't on a whim, nor taken lightly.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #155
Webkinz :)

Webkinz97 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long would it be to get ur webkinz a few days
cause i live in Massachusetts
Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #156
jahydc
Gifted

Jahyd has a spectacular aura about

I live in a town where only one store sells webkinz and don't have them come in very often so it's hard to get them so I'm always looking for good deals on webkinz online. Selling them on webkinz insider is a bonus because It's hard to find sites that have webkinz in stock and as long as you have fairly good deals on them and keep them in stock I'm sure they'll sell
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #157
Lil Kinz
taowyman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an adult. My daughter loves this website and I stumbled upon it by accident when searching for some hard to buy webkinz. This is a great forum and I hope that we can help brainstorm ideas to keep this site running without a huge impact to everyone's pocketbook.

I have not had time to read everyone's comments, but I did read quite a few.

I would buy webkinz from this site for the following reasons:

price is right (including the shipping charge)
cannot get anywhere else
inventory is stocked!

If it does not appear that you can continue the site with just sales from this retailer, how about opening up the sales to multiple retailers?

I recommend adding a paypal logo for donations. I would be willing to donate a few bucks here and there and I am sure several other members would too.

If that does not work, maybe a small membership fee could help offset the costs....I would be willing to pay $1-$2 per month ($12-$24/year). Not sure how many members you have, but I believe quite a few people search and view as guests, this would require them to sign up to view info and generate some income. You could even offer a discount for a 1 year membership.

Hope this helps! Love this site, it makes my daughter very happy!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #158
Gifted
LindaBear is a jewel in the roughLindaBear is a jewel in the rough

I would also suggest a subscribers only section and also the regular board too that way no one misses out. I don't feel comfortable paying a fee for a membership though. I might buy once in a while to support the site but I feel the prices should be around $12.99 webkinz and $9.99 for little kinz , also I suggest that you also have additional things to purchase here like the webkinz magazine if that generates money and of course have a donation area. --- Even better maybe merge with another member forum to help with the cost, just a suggestion, not sure if this is a good idea or not. I love the board the way it is now and keep it that way, as I said before you should add a an additional area for subscribers only forum for additional topics. --- Keep most of the site free but also have a small fee for special topics.

Hope that helps.

When will you let us know what happens? I love the forum and hope it continues to go on forever too bad you have to pay high costs for server space but lately all prices are going up. -- I suggest get a good deal on a good price for webkinz or have two choices for webkinz and little kinz and try to bargain with others for a great deal that fits everyone's deal.

As always I can understand why some of the children on the site don't feel comfortable buying things on the net due to not knowing who they are buying from and how can you tell who your buying from when you can't see the seller.

Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #159
Gift Guru

born_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to all

Maybe we can have a WI fundraiser event one a month or something? Everyone that donates would get entered into a drawing for "fun" stuff like maybe having there own thread as a sticky for a month , have their name posted on the front page, interview a mod , etc ( just fun stuff that could be done on the forums) I see alot of people have posted that they would just donate , this would add a little fun factor to it ( just a thought)
Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #160
Ask me
Gifted

Curie is just really niceCurie is just really nice

I might buy some... I'm not sure, because I could get them quicker from some stores... And they're the same prices as the ones in my store. So, if my stores run out, I'll look here!
Curie is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: