Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #141
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

View Post Originally Posted by Minivintage
As a retailer (not the one in NY) I obviously have concerns about this.

I would personally prefer a yearly fee; if you have one retailer supplying Webkinz to everyoine on this site, then it is unfair to all the retailers who are also collectors and who are members here.
How is this unfair to retailers? I was unaware that WI was used for advertising purposes by all of you. This retailer actually stepped up to help share some of the revenue that WI has (and will) generate for them. Those enjoying the purchases of our members and free advertising are not owed anything.

A monthly/yearly fee for retailers to advertise on the forum may be a good idea.
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #142
satchcat
Gift Guru

fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I normally do not buy anything online because shipping is high and I am still paying less than those prices at my local stores (the most expensive store in the area only charges $12.99 for webkinz and 10.99 for lil kinz) and there are several stores in this area that are less than that. I usually have to wait a little bit for the new ones however, so if it was one I really wanted (like the black cat) and it was available on WI and the shipping was fair than I would buy it from you first. But I am afraid cost is a factor as much as I love WI I need to be sensible with my spending.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #143
steph800
Gifted

steph800 has a brilliant futuresteph800 has a brilliant futuresteph800 has a brilliant futuresteph800 has a brilliant futuresteph800 has a brilliant future

I would probably buy some of my webkinz from here, like if the hallmark store by us doesn't have the one I want I would definetly get it from here! I think it's a great idea!

Last edited by steph800; 07-12-2007 at 05:58 PM..
steph800 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #144
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by privateyes2038
What about the people who want to pay for a membership...to become a full fledged member with perks of some sort...then if those who do not want to pay...have only a guest membership...but hopefully with still a lot of the same things as they get to do now...the members perks would be additional new items and their own area...etc.
There are many sites out there with a membership fee and I think they are worth the fee. as an option of not being a guest.

just an opinion

P.E.
Thanks for your opinion. My heart just wouldn't let me do this, because I've built this site on a "free" basis and I know there are thousands of kids who wouldn't be able to access those areas and it would really be against everything I've worked for to segregate members in a way that some people would never be able to achieve access to.

View Post Originally Posted by tiki31
Once a month raffle a priceless or expensive rare item and sell chances for $1. We could send a $6 check for 6 months at a time. But it should be $1 limit per month. If Webkinz would let you raffle an item????????
The raffle would be great, but it is against Webkinz User Agreement.

View Post Originally Posted by MissSweetCheeks
Another option is to have a "Subscribers Only" area. Maybe charge $5 a month or $xx a year. Make trading only available for subscribers......
That would be really difficult for all the kids who trade!

Keep in mind, we aren't forcing anyone to buy them, we're just trying to gauge a potential response. Also, for those who've mentioned trading cards, of course trading cards and any other Webkinz accessories would be part of the web store, but we've only worked out the details of Webkinz & Lil Kinz at this point!
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #145
Gift Guru

born_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to all

I did vote no in the polls but after reading more about the situation , I have decided that if it comes to that I will def help out as much as I can.
Maybe we can have contests to benefit the site , like everyone who wants to enter pays $1 then you guys draw and the winner gets a webkinz. I dunno , I really hope we can all work something out!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #146
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by GrannySalty
You could also accept donations .... I think you have enough adults on this site that would donate to keep this great site up and running! You could use a Paypal account to accept donations.
View Post Originally Posted by Carlos
I believe you should consider the donation option because my aunt and my friends' parents would prefer this to buying things.
View Post Originally Posted by carmel_mom
Another thought would be donation requests. Get a Paypal account, and put a Paypal button on the Home page where users could donate if they wanted.
About half a dozen people have posted comments like above about a donation option to raise operating funds.
Seems like a good idea to me, too.

The board could recognize those members who contribute with a symbol that indicates that they financially supported this site. Also, maybe for each dollar donated, they would get an additional thankx point added to their reputation. It certainly would show they care about this site and want to keep it going. Or have a post showing the biggest contributors, like a hall of fame -- might encourage more donations in having pride of being one of the top supporters.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #147
slb2724
Gifted

slb2724 has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps a forum that is only seen by the premium members would be good. I really don't think us kids would care all that much...Its a privilage, just like the trading section. You do something, you are rewarded with something new.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #148
Call me MP!
Gift Guru

mpsinger is just really nicempsinger is just really nice

That would be cool! U could probaly find the Webkinz easier.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #149
MAMA's in Heaven now
Banned
jlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guidejlhaffner is a golden guide

Donation Award 

you have 100% behind this idea...we are excited....and even with the shipping (as long as it's reasonable) would be well WORTH the price compared to driving between 5 states to get them all...
I will buy all mine here....I do however hope that maybe the retailer will combine shipping if we order more than 1 at a time....

thanks a million to the retailer and to WI for having such an amazing site.....AAA++++
jlhaffner is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #150
Saki <3 my lil pr
Gifted

gusboy is on a distinguished road

THIS IS REDICULAS!!!!!! I LOVE WEBKINZ WORLD BUT I AM NOT SHURE IF MY MOM AND DAD WILL SPEND 14.00 ON A STUFT ANIMAL!!!! I MEAN, MY DAD HATES THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! BUT HE KNOWS I LOVE THEM SO HE BUYS THEM FOR ME.MAN! CAN'T THEY LEAVE THE PRICES WARE THEY ARE?
gusboy is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: