Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: If WI started selling Webkinz ($14.99 USD/$15.69 CAD) and Lil Kinz ($9.99 USD/$10.44 CAD), I would.
Buy all my Webkinz from you! 547.07%
Definitely buy some Webkinz from you. 23530.76%
Maybe buy Webkinz from you. 29939.14%
Not buy Webkinz from you. 17623.04%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion! (Donations link added to top of forum and adjusted pricing!)

Hey everyone! Well, the server prices are continuing to increase as we grow and grow. Unfortunately, the ads really, really don't cut it. Right now, they don't cover the cost we are paying for our hosting and, we need an upgrade in less than a month which will likely triple our hosting costs to nearly $500/mo.

I've been trying to think of the best way to cover these cost and thought the auction ads might work, but I think that company is deliberately not reporting our results.

One of our members is a retailer in New York that does not have an online sales division and has approached us with a proposal to have us take the orders through WI, while they fulfill them. Basically, you will be buying from them, but the retailer has agreed to pay a percentage of their sales to WI for using the site.

The tentative pricing would be:
  • Webkinz -- $14.99
  • EDITED: Lil Kinz -- $9.99
We're just wondering what kind of response to expect, so 1) we can decide if it is worthwhile and 2) how many the retailer needs to order to try and keep up with potential demand.

In addition, our retailer has told me that shipping for 1-3 Webkinz (within the US) would be $4.70 to $5.00, which would be USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Any more than the 3 would be based on weight and the actual cost listed at USPS.COM.

Let us know your opinion and vote on the poll!!!

NOTE: If you would not buy them from us, please make a suggestion on how we can manage the costs that are spiraling out of control. We cannot think of any other options.
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Gifted
evfan_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: WebkinzInsider needs your honest opinion!

Just curious- how much would shipping be (unless it is already included in the price)? I think it's a good idea!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
cacaoxlacte

I think that is an awesome idea! With the recent shortage and other hardships with findng webkinz under demand, Im sure this endeavor will be prosperous with a high demand. Whatever it takes to keep WI running people will contribute to, because WE ALL love it. I dont know what Id do without it. I would, for sure, buy MANY webkinz and lil kinz from here, regardless of shipping. I think it would even be okay if you raised the prices a dollar each...

For example, if there is a thread on here about pigs, and someone thinks "Hey, that PSI looks cool!" and the pig is FOR SALE on the site, that member will buy it! This will for sure be prosperous because of CONVIENENCE. Good luck with it!

Last edited by cacaoxlacte; 07-12-2007 at 01:39 PM..
Old 07-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
slb2724
Gifted

slb2724 has a spectacular aura about

Thats an awesome idea. There is potential for shortage, but it is still a great idea and very nice of the shop owner!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by evfan_77
Just curious- how much would shipping be (unless it is already included in the price)? I think it's a good idea!
Not sure on the shipping, but it'd most likely be "actual" cost, whatever the shipping calculator would make it. This would be a "true" webstore built in to WI.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by runxawaysmile
Thats cool!
If the person ships from new york and you live in new york
would the shipping be expensive
that's what im concerned about - shipping prices!
This is a legitimate retailer and, as I'm sure you've noticed, are a legitimate and honest site. Shipping would be very fair, I assure you.
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
Webkinz World ID
Gift Guru

istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!

I might but some.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
chichihuahua
Banned
webkinzcatsrule is on a distinguished road

to much money you should sell them for like 9.99 for lil kinz and 14.99 for webkinz
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
For KAF, an angel
Gift Guru

hisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to beholdhisgrace24 is a splendid one to behold

My kids and I LOVE this site, so we would definitely buy webkinz to support this site and our love for Webkinz!!!!
hisgrace24 is offline Female
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
nessa32
Gifted
nessie is on a distinguished road

This is such a great idea! I would totally buy from you guys!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: