Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #271
pee queen
Webkinz :)

webkinzro is an unparalleled talent
webkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talentwebkinzro is an unparalleled talent

Smile Re: *update* WW Tweets new info about Sparkling Pegasus!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
WHAT??!!!????

grumble grumble
Click the image to open in full size.

those pics are great!!!!!!!
webkinzro is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #272

LoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant future

Default Re: WW Tweets new info about Sparkling Pegasus!

Ok hear is my 2 cents, since webkinz was started for kids it makes no sense to me that this prize is being awarded through twitter, please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't u have to be 13 to even be able to sign up for twitter? I would say that is taking away from the originaL intent of webkinz. I am a 49 year old mom who was introduced to them by my 6 and 8 year old niece and nephew. I have seen them disappointed in ganz on several occaisions due to this type of decision in the past. I also am an avid collector/of webkinz, I have been a member slightly over a year and have 5 accounts one of which has over 100 webbies, and all my accounts are deluxe. This being said I feel that webinz in some ways gears itself to the adults. Maybe they need to have a Webkinz Sr. for adults so they aren't disappointing the kids with these adult type contests. This is not the first one I have felt was geared to adults (not that I want to start over or anything, just a thought....lol). One more thing, I also have been in retail management for over 30 years and what they did is definately false advertising THAT IS ILLEGAL. So will ganz do anything about these shoddy practises or will someone file a formal complaint? I guess we wait and see.
LoriM13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #273

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
Bringing forward:

Well, that was definitely false advertising from Ganz. I have a way they could make it up to us though:

**They should make the Sparkling Pegasus a prize on the weekly communal contest!**

It wouldn't cost you anymore money Ganz AND it would turn a bunch of what are now very displeased customers into ecstatically thrilled customers. What do you guys think??

SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #274
09WIN
Gift Guru

soccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roost

Donation Award 

Great idea!!
soccerwow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #275
09WIN
Gift Guru

soccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roostsoccerwow rules the roost

Donation Award 

Great idea! Schmoopie
I hope GANZ is listening.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #276
09WIN
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
At least you gave me a laugh about this whole miserable Pegasus thing. Thank you Snow Crystal and dragonbird!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #277
Gifted

Lela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roost

Sigh, it's such a nice pet, it would be in Ganz's best interest to sell it in the eStore. Although, they might end up selling it there. You know, say they won't so people want it more, then "change their minds" so it does end up in the eStore, and like twice as many people buy it. It could happen. I hope if they don't they have it as tons of prizes this year. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was a cummunal contest prize? That would be SO cool!!! The PSI is really nice, though I'm not sure the colors really look right with the pet. All in all, very nice, and if Ganz doesn't sell it they will be making a BIG mistake. But I think they will, just watch and see, they will "change their minds."

View Post Originally Posted by LoriM13
Ok hear is my 2 cents, since webkinz was started for kids it makes no sense to me that this prize is being awarded through twitter, please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't u have to be 13 to even be able to sign up for twitter? I would say that is taking away from the originaL intent of webkinz. I am a 49 year old mom who was introduced to them by my 6 and 8 year old niece and nephew. I have seen them disappointed in ganz on several occaisions due to this type of decision in the past. I also am an avid collector/of webkinz, I have been a member slightly over a year and have 5 accounts one of which has over 100 webbies, and all my accounts are deluxe. This being said I feel that webinz in some ways gears itself to the adults. Maybe they need to have a Webkinz Sr. for adults so they aren't disappointing the kids with these adult type contests. This is not the first one I have felt was geared to adults (not that I want to start over or anything, just a thought....lol). One more thing, I also have been in retail management for over 30 years and what they did is definately false advertising THAT IS ILLEGAL. So will ganz do anything about these shoddy practises or will someone file a formal complaint? I guess we wait and see.
I really like your thoughts about this, I agree, at times they seem like this is a site for adults, yet it says ages 8 and under or something like that. It's the same with the eStore, how many little kids have a ton of money to spend? Although, i guess the eStore is angled towards little kids because they know if little kids see it they will right away want to buy it, without thinking about if they really want it or if it's worth the money. (which is why I don't buy eStore pets, I don't want to spend real money on something that's virtual.) Why was what Ganz did false advertising? I didn't see them advertisng anywhere. I'm not trying to go against what you're saying, I just didn't see any ads. I can't believe something they did is illegal. Could they be forced to shut down the site because of it??? I hope not!

Last edited by Lela2241; 03-16-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Lela2241 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #278
Live,Love,Laugh

gamesareks is an unparalleled talent
gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Lela2241

I really like your thoughts about this, I agree, at times they seem like this is a site for adults, yet it says ages 8 and under or something like that. It's the same with the eStore, how many little kids have a ton of money to spend? Although, i guess the eStore is angled towards little kids because they know if little kids see it they will right away want to buy it, without thinking about if they really want it or if it's worth the money. (which is why I don't buy eStore pets, I don't want to spend real money on something that's virtual.) Why was what Ganz did false advertising? I didn't see them advertisng anywhere. I'm not trying to go against what you're saying, I just didn't see any ads. I can't believe something they did is illegal. Could they be forced to shut down the site because of it??? I hope not!
Why was is false advertising? They did advertise it on their own website www.webkinznewz.com as being an estore only pet, you must have missed it. Here is part of that announcement:

Sparkling Pegasus
Release Date: Mar. 03, 2010

Click the image to open in full size.With its brilliantly sparkling rainbow mane and gorgeous, glimmering hooves, the Sparkling Pegasus is one of the most beautiful pets in all of Webkinz World. Whether resting in its Golden Chariot Bed or nibbling its Twinkly Wing Waffles, this prestigious pet is always the prettiest pet in the room!

Webkinz
Virtual Pet

Special Item:
Golden Chariot Bed

Special Food:
Twinkly Wing Waffles

Pet Giftbox

This pet is virtual only, and can only be purchased at the Webkinz eStore. No plush version is available. Not all virtual pets are available at all times. The current virtual pets are sold on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday only.
gamesareks is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #279

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Lela2241
......Why was what Ganz did false advertising? I didn't see them advertisng anywhere. I'm not trying to go against what you're saying, I just didn't see any ads. I can't believe something they did is illegal. Could they be forced to shut down the site because of it??? I hope not!
Hey Lela2241! I believe this is what we are all are referring to by "false advertising":

It clearly states "This pet.... can only be purchased at the Webkinz EStore" and now they have changed their tune and are saying it will never be an EStore pet, only a prize. Maybe they don't realize that some of their most devoted fans try to collect 1 of everything! By making this something that they may never be able to get, they are making that goal most likely impossible for their biggest fans, and thereby discouraging them from even trying in the 1st place. Seems a doofy idea to me but I don't get paid the big bucks to be their CEO either, so who am I to say. I do not have 1 of everything & am perfectly content that I never will, but not everyone feels that way. Putting off your biggest buyer = not a bright move Ganz!

SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #280
arrior of RiverClan

Hawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of light

Ooh! I love that pet and now my chances are 1/1000 of getting it!
Hawktalon is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
mockingjay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: