Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #181
Totally Wacky
Webkinz :)

tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!
tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!tribbles hit the reputation jackpot!

Default Re: Webkinz World Down for Maintenance

I actually got up early to do some of the hourly activities. I have finally gave up staying up any longer. I am going down for a nap. maybe there will be good news when i wake up in a few hrs. As for WW i think they need to talk to companies that run mass-media role playing games. I think if they know how to keep servers up and running without glitches may help Ganz keep their site up and running for periods with out being down for days on end.

missing my webbies a lot,

tribbles
tribbles is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #182
gramtothree

gramtothree is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a clue when? My friend has a Webkinz birthday and all her friends are going to be sooooooo sad. Has anyone heard anything else?
gramtothree is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #183
Unregistered

We really wanted to see if we won the Quizzy's word challenge tournament from last night. Why do we have wait so long to play Webkinz?!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #184
We Love

angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Calling to scream and complain isn't going to help things any; it's just going to get you even more ticked off and it's going to frazzle the person at Ganz that has to hear it. Ganz will get this fixed. They always do. All we can do is sit tight and be patient.
I don't think anyone is talking about "calling to scream and complain" - WI is just a place that we CAN vent our frustrations... thank goodness!
As I stated before, we've been on WW for quite a while now and the down time and glitches DO seem to be getting worse on a pretty steady basis. My wish is that Ganz would put a little more time and effort into fixing and maintaining the WW site and back off on all the new products until they do -that's all!

angelgurl1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #185
Gifted

MsSophie will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I am sad webkinz is down again.... I miss my pets..... Hope it is up soon!!!!!!
MsSophie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #186
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by marileemed
OOOHHH

Hate jumping in like this but meee tooo....I am 47 and a mere grandma of one....but he is my pride and joy!!! I am sooo addicted to webkinz and dare I say
Number me among the Grandparents as well. I am 46 and have 8 (Yes, I really do) and I would not mind it at all. I do know of a few others on here who would probably be willing to join in the fun. It is a different perspective, but still, we have a common 'Webbie' bond

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by gramtothree
Does anyone have a clue when? My friend has a Webkinz birthday and all her friends are going to be sooooooo sad. Has anyone heard anything else?
This is the weekend. As a rule, there are no techs on board. I cannot imagine that Ganz would be so lax as to take a day where eStore sales have a NEW item and not have the site up and running...

Last edited by Dixiecup; 03-07-2009 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #187
for trades
Gift Guru

Blueeyes2007 will become famous soon enough

One thing that makes me happy about this ever changing world
is everyone has a right to state their opinion on things

Everyone has different views on things
Here and elsewhere & we all can express these opinions
& get constuctive ideas from one another

You have made a good point Irish Blues

We don't know for definite
if the IT people are frazzled about this situation,
but if they were,

IT professionals definitely have a frustrating job
to figure out what is causing these problems in

Patience is a Virtue
Live well & prosper all

Blueeyes2007 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #188
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
The quoted post should be mandatory reading for everyone currently about WW right now.

Writing and debugging the code that goes into this site is not as simple as flipping a switch; making what appears to be a minor change can have major unintended effects, and the process of debugging it can take hours - especially when the code looks like it should work correctly. I've had programs that I've pulled code into that I know works in other stuff, and it won't work in the new program - and it can be incredibly frustrating to try and figure out what the problem is.

Yes, it's frustrating for us. Yes, it's aggravating and an inconvenience and all of that stuff - but it's equally as frustrating for the IT people working on this. I'm positive they don't make mistakes that causes the site to not work properly just because they find it amusing or because they enjoy knowing everyone else is pulling their hair out over it. They want WW to work flawlessly just as much as we do - but "... and this is a simply change" isn't always so simple and what appears to work on a test server doesn't always work in live production.

Calling to scream and complain isn't going to help things any; it's just going to get you even more ticked off and it's going to frazzle the person at Ganz that has to hear it. Ganz will get this fixed. They always do. All we can do is sit tight and be patient.
I do understand this to some degree...my only thought is that the newest feature is what is wreaking havoc. It seems to have caused some interference with interfacing issues, not to mention it seems to have been put in place for some of the other 'pet items.'
They have to make sure that the items for water pets can only be in water rooms, but not in the treetop rooms...The indoor items have to be able to be only in indoor or underwater and not Outdoor or treetop.
Then there are the pets...they have to make sure that regular pets like cats and dogs don't get the treetop room options as well as no underwater options. Those codes have to be 'de-activated' while still making them totally accessible when you DO adopt a Flier....
It is NOT an easy process and it probably means they have to tweak each and every pet and item....
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #189
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

"Where oh where have my Webkinz gone?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
I try over and over to log back in,
but all it says is they'll return shortly."

That's my little song dedicated to my 17 Webkinz waiting for me in Webkinz World. I understand that Ganz is probably scrambling to fix whatever issue they are having, and as much as I want to log in and ride my new skateboard, maybe this is a good opportunity to do something else more constructive. We don't really want to be on Webkinz right now anyway, with so many people losing kinzpost items and other things. I think the safest thing for our accounts is to let Ganz work out the kinks. Then of course give us all a wish token, $1000.00 coin, and exclusive item for our frustration.
Bindidog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #190

anne70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Angry Re: Webkinz World Down for Maintenance

We miss Webkinz today too.??? We miss that nice person who comes and plays with us.

But hopefully it will be EVEN BETTER when they get it fixed and running again. We're sure they are not happy it is down and not happy they have to work on the weekend to remedy it.

Hang in there!

It's going to be better!!
Mitzi and Cubbie
anne70 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
pounder, webkinz down, webkinz up, ww down again whats new

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: