Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #171
Webkinz :)

MotherK62 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz World Down for Maintenance

Yea, we are waiting along with everyone else. We got the skater kat's replica and we want to see it!!!
MotherK62 is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #172
Psalms 126:2

KitKatxyz is just really niceKitKatxyz is just really nice

aargh!
this is getting so annoying!
KitKatxyz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #173
arehouse 13 <3

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Hi ! I'm new here too. I just joined. Even reading this thread was passing the time, so I figured posting in it would be even better. edited to remove age. I've been reading many of the helpful threads posted here for a while.

I was fortunate enough to get to do my dailies on the last maintenance, because I get on in the morning (around . I would actually rather play Webkinz with the glitches right now, lol. Better than nothing.

As a side note, has anybody else noticed on the Pot Of Gold contest submission form, the "Submit" button isn't clickable? I wonder if this is because Webkinz is down.

welcome to WI. one of our rules here is to not post ages so i've removed yours.
have fun here!
sn0wwhite

Last edited by sn0wwhite; 03-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: removed age
Hedgie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #174
sharpaydo

sharpaydo is an unknown quantity at this point

oh no i did restart my password!
sharpaydo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #175
rchurch14 is a jewel in the roughrchurch14 is a jewel in the rough

i hope it is up soon for all of us this is really getting dumb here fix it once and for all and get it working right. Hope it comes back up soon
rchurch14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #176
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Now, when I click on Log in I get a page with 500 internal error. What does that mean? Sigh
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #177
Just a big

nittensthekitte will become famous soon enough

At least, using Firefox that is, the main webkinz page now has down for maintenance on it. Hoping it comes back up soon tho.
nittensthekitte is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #178
arreicjanuary5

arreicjanuary5 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe they are getting the stuff for the tree top room! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!my webkinz are happy to think that!but i am that webkinz is closed!
arreicjanuary5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #179
Gifted
Irish Blues will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Lanie3614
I think what we all need to remember here is that the tech people for Ganz don't exactly have the easiest job in the world. I mean, think about all they do just security wise to keep the site safe enough for our children to play on. I'm pretty sure this maintenance today was unexpected and they will do everything they can to correct the issue. I understand everyone has invested a lot of money into the site, myself included. Therefore, don't we want them to take their time and correct the issues at hand as thoroughly as possible? That way, we don't continually have these downtimes, and we know that the all the time, money and effort we've invested in this site is well preserved.
The quoted post should be mandatory reading for everyone currently about WW right now.

Writing and debugging the code that goes into this site is not as simple as flipping a switch; making what appears to be a minor change can have major unintended effects, and the process of debugging it can take hours - especially when the code looks like it should work correctly. I've had programs that I've pulled code into that I know works in other stuff, and it won't work in the new program - and it can be incredibly frustrating to try and figure out what the problem is.

Yes, it's frustrating for us. Yes, it's aggravating and an inconvenience and all of that stuff - but it's equally as frustrating for the IT people working on this. I'm positive they don't make mistakes that causes the site to not work properly just because they find it amusing or because they enjoy knowing everyone else is pulling their hair out over it. They want WW to work flawlessly just as much as we do - but "... and this is a simply change" isn't always so simple and what appears to work on a test server doesn't always work in live production.

Calling to scream and complain isn't going to help things any; it's just going to get you even more ticked off and it's going to frazzle the person at Ganz that has to hear it. Ganz will get this fixed. They always do. All we can do is sit tight and be patient.
Irish Blues is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #180
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

Well....there are a lot of Ganz employees whose Saturday has been totally ruined by this!!! I'll bet a lot of them got called in to work on an emergency basis, just when they were looking at some time off.

When the glitches are fixed, and we are all happily scrambling to get on and play with our webbies, the tech people will probably be going home hoping they never see another smiley animal face for a LOOOONG time!

Angel Daisy is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
pounder, webkinz down, webkinz up, ww down again whats new

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: