Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 1.88 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #101
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Webkinz World to debut "Webkinz X" This Summer

Apidistra, you make a lot of good points.

However, I feel like action like that could backfire on us all in time.

I assume, based on activity at WI and activity in general, that Webkinz sales have been steadily falling since probably '07 or '08. This thing isn't going to last forever - nothing does. And there will come a point where no matter how much money you as an individual throw at Ganz, their bottom line is in the red and they will need to shut the site down unless they can get not more sales, but more customers. And unless they do a good and proper revamp of the entire site - modernise it, because it is dated - and the children of the world suddenly decide as they did in 2007 that "Webkinz are cool" again, they aren't going to be getting many new customers the way things are going. I mean, all of us here have been around for years. Webkinz Insider itself has glitches galore (no more front page, no more changing avatars, etc) and only two moderators - not administrators, moderators - trying to run the site. Why? Presumably because the founders/site administrators lost interest or aren't invested enough to do anything about the problems on the site, but I haven't read anything official so I could be wrong.

If that bottom line turns to red sooner rather than later, Webkinz World will end sooner rather than later. And part of the risk you take when buying eStore items is simply that - these are temporary virtual-only items that you get to play with temporarily, until such time as the service ends - and I don't think Ganz will be giving people money back for temporary imaginary virtual items when everyone bought them knowing that that's all it was - a virtual thing.

We can have fun with it while it's here. We can entertain ourselves for as long as it provides temporary amusement for us - a friend explained it to me like this: You go to a movie. You spend $20 on tickets and $30 on popcorn and they entertain you for 2 hours. You leave the theatre having eaten far too much overpriced popcorn and having seen a movie that you may or may not have liked, but you got your 2 hours worth of entertainment for 50 dollars. If you didn't like the movie, tough. I don't know any cinemas that will refund your money 'cause you didn't like the movie.

How many hours of entertainment is Webkinz World providing you with? And it's your responsibility to spend your money wisely - put $70 down for a year of deluxe membership (it cost me $68 AUD for deluxe membership for 2 accounts when it was 30% off) and however much you feel like you can justify for eStore stuff. But you buy it knowing and understanding that one day, Webkinz World will end just like that movie, and you won't see your money again. Get your moneys' worth of entertainment out of it while you can. Not happy? Find a hobby that doesn't rely on popular interest to keep it alive. In the meantime, you (and I as well) were drawn into capitalist marketing strategies.

I'm not saying we should just 'live with' the problems. I'm not saying that we need to all start spending more money so that webkinz doesn't go belly-up - marketing the product and recruiting new users to increase sales is their responsibility. I actually don't know what the solution is. But I don't think 'hitting them in the wallet' will reap the results we're looking for. The way I see it, the best we can do is just continue to be annoying about the problems that need fixing.

Last edited by jenga_jane; 04-03-2016 at 09:51 AM..
jenga_jane is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #102
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Have you considered Ganz make revenue from the ads , the use of ad blockers can be attributed to loss of ad money, while the ads are most times annoying the cost nothing.
robertcleveland is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:01 PM   #103
Star Wars Fan<3
Webkinz :)

nancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the boss
nancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the boss

I started using ad blocker for webkinz and sites like tinypic. webkinz ads were miny movies and was slowing my computer a lot and so I had to turn it on
nancygurl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #104

beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!beerfeet is not just visiting!

Have you seen the new screen for changing your pet? Saw it this morning. A nice change.
beerfeet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #105
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yes, I saw the new screen. At first, I thought something was wrong with my computer.
Seems like I have a lot of problems and can't figure out what to do.
One of the problems is with one of the new games not ever wanting to start.
Ms. Cowoline's Rollcall doesn't seem to start.
I also keep having other weird problems with my pets birthday and adoption dates all wrong and furniture missing.
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #106
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

Has anyone else noticed , as soon as you spin a wheel your prize arrives before the wheel stops ?

next time you spin the "Wheel of Wow " look at your $KC total if it stays the same your new prize is in the new section of your dock before the wheel stops !!!

Last edited by robertcleveland; 08-10-2016 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #107
joi

joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness
joi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicnessjoi is epic beyond epicness

I think its very telling that the first year anniversary of Webkinz X has come and gone without any mention from Ganz.

I guess they don't want to remind us of how long we've been living with certain glitches and missing items
joi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #108
Star Wars Fan<3

nancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the boss
nancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the bossnancygurl is the boss

View Post Originally Posted by joi
I think its very telling that the first year anniversary of Webkinz X has come and gone without any mention from Ganz.

I guess they don't want to remind us of how long we've been living with certain glitches and missing items
xD so true
nancygurl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #109
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by joi

Their total silence on that is deafening !!! Ganz > !!! us nuf said !!!
Old 08-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #110

rachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talentrachelgirl192 has lots of talent

right, there is no reason to celebrate...
rachelgirl192 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bob stay strong, darlene is awesome, double d scotland, intp, r.i.p webkinz, terrible update, they ruined it, yolo pants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: