Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #311
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Default Re: Webkinz World announces new Soccer Challenge ~ Updated

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
On the first couple of days, you could make a goal when you aimed far right or left (without going out of bounds) and when you kept the power meter really low or at "0". That does not seem to be the case for me these past couple of days (hence--the "random" programming).

Today I did score a goal when the arrow was almost pointing at the goalie and the meter was above the bright yellow (hence, another part of the "randomness").

Today, I did best today aiming between the goalie and the bottom of the net and keeping the power between the greenish color and just below the bright yellow (I was making about 60-70% of these goals--on 11 different accounts). Yesterday, I was doing better aiming in the same spot, but the color could not go above any blue or the goalie would catch it (hence, another "random" part of the programming).

Good luck, everyone!
thanks for your post, Snowcrystal Glad you're noticing a difference from day to day as well.
momwhoplays is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #312
Gifted

injapan1 has much to be proud ofinjapan1 has much to be proud ofinjapan1 has much to be proud ofinjapan1 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by momwhoplays
Congrats on your white shirt!!!

Does the game seem harder to anyone else? I got two prizes the two first days, but lately it seems the Kangaroo is able to catch more balls, despite trying to aim it between her & the goal post, & the power meter is low, in the blues when I hit it. It worked before, but is the programing more sensitive now, or is it just me?
Sorry to hear about the bad luck

For me (server 14 on most accounts) it has not gotten any more difficult. I aim between the goalie and the the goal post and hit the power meter on the FIRST yellow (greenish yellow). When I manage to do this, I still score EVERY time. If I hit it too soft, or slightly more than the first yellow, she will get it though. Also, if you aim all the way at the goal post, she seems to block these as well...no matter the power. This is the case on all of my accounts (up to 15 accounts now) I will agree though, that if you are not in this sweet spot...it is hit or miss (random) if you score (sometime I do...sometimes I don't)

I do recommend you use a desk top computer or a computer with a fast response once you click the mouse. I got greedy on a few accounts and used my lap top...it was very difficult to hit the arrow where I needed it let alone the power bar in the sweet spot (it was all over the place).

Try not to even pay attention to the goalie. I think she is there only to distract you. Focus on the sweet spots mentioned above and let the prizes come pouring!
Again...good luck to everyone. :el1:

Last edited by injapan1; 06-13-2010 at 12:21 AM..
injapan1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #313
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I just did the soccer challenge on my family's 9 American accounts. I won prizes on the first 4 accounts and then it went downhill from there! I was hitting them exactly the same, but the goalie caught the ball almost every time by the time I got to the 9th account! Did you hear me screaming? LOL!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #314
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Well frankly, GANZ can take this stupid game it retire it right now for all we care. Three more tries since yesterday and we cannot get a single goal now. We've read all the advice in this thread and tried every approach and now we can't even score once.

As I said, yesterday my kids got so mad they just started kicking the ball way outside the goalie net on purpose and the kangaroo flies out to the edges of the screen and catches it anyway- which says to us: the goalie is programmed to catch the ball no matter where it gets kicked. And if you're on one of the lucky accounts that GANZ has allowed to win, well that's great.

I'm not saying this game should be easy.... but come on. Has ANYONE actually got all 5 goals to win a prize and 100KC? Probably not.

But on another note, I was thinking that this game was originally planned to be different. I mean, I was thinking of the jerseys and the clothing line, plus the fact that you can actually BUY a trophy in the W-Shop... and was wondering if it weren't originally programmed to give you the trophy for getting X amount of goals, and the soccer clothing line would be available in the PJ shop for the limited time as long as the room theme was. But then they probably figured that people wouldn't bother playing as they would get frustrated trying to win a trophy so GANZ switched it all around?

Either way, my family is done with this so-called 'challenge'. GANZ is really getting good at adding things that take the fun out of WW.

Last edited by likmfurry; 06-13-2010 at 07:07 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #315
Gift Trainee

stormwatch71 is a splendid one to beholdstormwatch71 is a splendid one to beholdstormwatch71 is a splendid one to beholdstormwatch71 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Either way, my family is done with this so-called 'challenge'. GANZ is really getting good at adding things that take the fun out of WW.
I couldn't agree more. We are done here as well. I wish they made is simpler for the kids. At least we can buy a trophy for each account and call it good.
stormwatch71 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #316
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Well frankly, GANZ can take this stupid game it retire it right now for all we care. Three more tries since yesterday and we cannot get a single goal now. We've read all the advice in this thread and tried every approach and now we can't even score once.

As I said, yesterday my kids got so mad they just started kicking the ball way outside the goalie net on purpose and the kangaroo flies out to the edges of the screen and catches it anyway- which says to us: the goalie is programmed to catch the ball no matter where it gets kicked. And if you're on one of the lucky accounts that GANZ has allowed to win, well that's great.

I'm not saying this game should be easy.... but come on. Has ANYONE actually got all 5 goals to win a prize and 100KC? Probably not.

But on another note, I was thinking that this game was originally planned to be different. I mean, I was thinking of the jerseys and the clothing line, plus the fact that you can actually BUY a trophy in the W-Shop... and was wondering if it weren't originally programmed to give you the trophy for getting X amount of goals, and the soccer clothing line would be available in the PJ shop for the limited time as long as the room theme was. But then they probably figured that people wouldn't bother playing as they would get frustrated trying to win a trophy so GANZ switched it all around?

By the time I got to my last account early this morning, I couldn't even get in 1 goal either! I was doing good on my first 4 accounts and then the kangaroo started catching them more (at first it seemed like she would catch them 30% of the time, but then it seemed to change to her catching them 90% of the time--the randomness is really irritating--and if a child only has 1 account, then there is probably little chance that he/she will ever get a prize in this "limited-time" game).

You said "GANZ is really getting good at adding things that take the fun out of WW" and I want to take it just a little further. They have added things that made WW fun (for a very short time) until they realize that too many people are getting prizes or too many people are actually succeeding... Here are a few examples....

We'll start with last weekend's community challenge....It was fun to collect 1400KC for succeeding at the goal--until mid-week maintenance and they changed it so you couldn't collect the 1400KC and it said we failed the challenge (when in fact, we originally succeeded until they made the goal impossible, AFTER we actually achieved a goal that they previously set); and now, this week, they have set the goal way too high (changing the programming).

Playing with Zum Buddies was really fun (when they first introduced the "game") until they realized that tickling them was giving them way too much happiness and the Zums could throw parties without spending tons of KinzCash. They then changed the programming and the Zums could no longer throw parties because the programming was set in a way that didn't allow it (the happiness would go down a lot quicker than you could get it to go up---one step forward, 2 steps back). It took them months to actually acknowledge there was a problem and then change the programming again, but now it just siphons the KinzCash right out of your account since you need to buy tons of items just to try to keep and make them happy.

Playing the Kinzpost Mover job used to be fun when they first introduced it. Then they decided that too many people were succeeding at the job, so they drastically decreased the time allotted to complete the puzzles. For the hardest puzzle, they first gave 150 seconds and then they decreased it to 40 seconds. After a lot of people completed, then they increased it to 60 seconds and then tweeted that they would re-evaluate it; but they either never did re-evaluate it or they decided that the failure rate is now acceptable to them.

When they first introduced Woodland Wonders, they found that too many people were actually winning great prizes by clicking on a fairy. Now, those prizes can only be won by collecting keys and opening a door. The rare prizes that are actually found in the woodland (including the emerald keys) are extremely scarce. My account with 34 figures registered actually finds more emerald keys than my account with 73 figures registered (1 find about 1 key every 6 months).

I could go on and on, but the conclusion for me is that if they think you are accomplishing too much, then they will actually change the programming to make you fail more. This time with the soccer challenge they started us off with failure.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #317
PenPal Bunnies

penGwen has a spectacular aura about

Wink Re: Webkinz World announces new Soccer Challenge ~ Updated

there is a tip that always helps me and i am bad at the soccer game and it helps me get about two goals every time i try to do this! Picture that this square type thing is a net aim for the left bottom seam of the net and hit on as low power as you can the goalie dives to get the ball but it goes over the goalies head and it says GOAL! get this kind of goal three times and in no time you will have a prize!the pink part of the fake net i made is where the bottom seam probably is

I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Ihope this helped you guys!
penGwen is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #318
hy yes, I'm
Gifted

jhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to beholdjhoops13 is a splendid one to behold

I got the prize, but then Webkinz froze. When I logged out and logged back in, the prize was not in my dock, and my daily play had been used. And I finally got a prize! This makes me sooo mad!
jhoops13 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #319
PenPal Bunnies

penGwen has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by penGwen
there is a tip that always helps me and i am bad at the soccer game and it helps me get about two goals every time i try to do this! Picture that this square type thing is a net aim for the left bottom seam of the net and hit on as low power as you can the goalie dives to get the ball but it goes over the goalies head and it says GOAL! get this kind of goal three times and in no time you will have a prize!the pink part of the fake net i made is where the bottom seam probably is

I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I

Ihope this helped you guys!
the devil is supposed to be the goalie not me giving you bad advice (BTW)
penGwen is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #320
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

Here is the sweet spot I was finally able to figure out. If you can get it just about here all the time, you'll most likely score. I still get really stressed out when playing this game because the window for scoring is so small in my opinion.

Click the image to open in full size.
lamb is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
ban the buzzing noise!, flamedance was here, goal!, goooooooaaaaaal, gwen was here, i♥soccerchlng(&--sh!!), just keep swimming!!!, pengwen, s o c c e r r o x, webkinzrule2 wuz here, winterwonder101 waz here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: