Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #81
WebkinzMom1028
Webkinz :)

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz Newz Zum contest this weekend!

OK so, after posting I was sitting here dozing off (have been up since 4am) and low and behold when I opened my eyes there was a zum! It was half way across the page and I almost missed it. But thank goodness I got it! My zum was floating across the page.
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #82
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

ABOUT THE ZORBO ZUM FLOATER CONTEST

How do I participate?

When you load up any page on the Webkinz Newz website, there is a chance that you will activate a "floater". This is an icon image that literally "floats" (wanders aimlessly) around the webpage. For the Zorbo Zum contest, it looks like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Note that it will never float OFF your screen, it will always stay on the part of the webpage that you can see. Even if you scroll up or down the page, the floater will stay in your vision. It will also never go away.

If you find one of these, CLICK ON IT! A new window with a fill-out form will pop up. The form looks like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

As you can see, you will have to acknowledge having read the contest rules; give an email address (this is where the feature code will be emailed); answer the skill-testing question (so far I've only seen the same math question and the answer is 2); type in the letters and numbers you see in the verification image; and submit the form. Ganz will then send a feature code to the email you specified in the form.

Oh no, I entered the wrong answer to the skill-testing question!

Then you'll need to find the floating Zum on Webkinz Newz again and resubmit the form. Note that you will have to use a different email address on your new try, though, as the contest considers the address you used when you entered the wrong answer to be already 'used'.

What do I do with the feature code that gets emailed to me?

Log into Webkinz World and go to the Code Shop. There you will be able to enter the code. Most of the codes given out as prizes will give you a Zum Bomber Jacket on your account. WI members are reporting that this item is tradeable and KinzPostable. Some (only a VERY few!) of the codes given out as prizes will give you a Zorbo Sweet Zum that you can play with by going into Zumwhere (in the Magical Forest). The Zum prize is not tradeable or KinzPostable. Remember that the odds of getting a Zorbo Zum as your prize are very slim.

What if I want more than one feature code?

You can certainly find the floater more than once, but you have to use a different email address every time. If you run out of email addresses, you can always use free email services like Gmail or 10 minute mail to make new ones.

WI members StarryLight gave this explanation for how to use 10 Minute Mail:

View Post Originally Posted by StarryLight
It gives you a random email for you to use and it will last for 10 minutes. When you find a zum, use your given email. Your email from minute mail cannot be used in hotmail or any other of those email services. Only in 10minutemail.
Oh, no! I entered too many incorrect codes and am banned from the Code Shop for the rest of the day!

That's too bad, but it can't stop you from collecting more codes at the Webkinz Newz website - it just stops you from being able to put the codes in today. You can always save up the codes and try inputting them another day.

However, try copying-and-pasting the codes from your email into the Code Shop, doing that makes it much less likely that you'll get the code wrong by accident.

Hey! I found the floater and submitted the form but I didn't get emailed a feature code!

There are a few possibilities as to what might have happened. The first is that you entered the wrong email address. The second is that you were emailed the code, but your email software interpreted it as spam; so check your spam folder to make sure it didn't accidentally get dumped into there. The third possibility is that your email servers are a little slow and it could take a few minutes for it to come in. The fourth possibility is that your email server blocks anything that comes in from Webkinz - but that's not very likely.

I don't see a floating image on the Webkinz Newz page. What do I do?

If a floating image doesn't show up after the page has completely loaded (and seriously, wait for the little "I'm still loading" animation on your browser to COMPLETELY stop first), then it isn't coming at all and you will need to try again. To try again, refresh the page and try again.

I've refreshed a gazillion times and still no Zums!

It might take a whole big bunch of tries before you find one, although the floaters for this contest do seem to be showing up more often than some of the previous floater contests (the Mystery Magnolia one, for instance).

One thing you might try doing is clearing your cache. And make sure that pop-ups are enabled in your web browser. Many WI members find that it really helps to open multiple tabs on your web browser with Webkinz Newz pages, and just cycle through them looking for the floaters and refreshing if you don't find them. This allows you to search for as many Zums as possible in as little time as possible.

Another possibility is that you're not seeing them because you're outside the contest area? The contest is open only to residents of Canada and the USA, with the exception of residents of Quebec, New York, and Florida. (Please don't blame Ganz for that; those areas have to be excluded because of the laws which regulate contests there.)

I really don't think it matters which Webkinz Newz page you're on - it really should be random for every page on the site. However, since I've been asked, I thought I'd mention that I have the main Contests page open in most of the tabs on my browser, and have been having quite good luck.

Other than that, I just don't know what else to do if you're not seeing the floaters. Maybe just keep trying? Or go away and come back at another time?

Can you just give me the URL for the fill-out form so I can get a code that way?

No, that doesn't work. You'll get a "Page has expired" error message instead of the form you want.

I'd like to donate the feature codes I'm getting to WI. How do I do that?

For the fill-out form that pops up whenever you click on a floater, you can use any email address that ends with "@webkinzinsider.com". I personally like to use "Jackal1@webkinzinsider.com", "Jackal2@webkinzinsider.com", and so-on. That way it helps me keep track of what email addresses I've already used (since the contest doesn't allow the same email address more than once), and the WI folks can tell who it came from.

I'm too busy this weekend. I'll look for the Zums on Monday.

You can't do that. The contest ends at 11:59pmET on Sunday, October 3.

Last edited by Jackal; 10-03-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #83
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

I got two jackets
wyatt061 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #84
Clothing Collecter

nicolejasmine14 is just really nicenicolejasmine14 is just really nice

I ALREADY GOT THE SHIRT in the trading room but i want to get the zum!
nicolejasmine14 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #85
webkinz emo vampire
StarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guide

So far I got 4 jackets total
StarryLight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #86
charming122101
Gift Guru

charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!

I got the Zumbuddy!!! Now for a coat.
charming is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #87
webkinz emo vampire
StarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by charming
I got the Zumbuddy!!! Now for a coat.
You got a Zumbuddy on your first try? OMG, lucky!
StarryLight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #88
fragglemom
Gift Guru

FraggleMom is a name known to allFraggleMom is a name known to allFraggleMom is a name known to all

Do you sit and refresh one page until you see a Zum, or do you click around the website?
FraggleMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #89
charming122101
Gift Guru

charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!

what's your secret?
View Post Originally Posted by StarryLight
So far I got 4 jackets total
charming is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #90
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

found my first, now to enter the code.

can we use one email more than once?
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
f l a m e d a n c e, holly&pheonix feather

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: