Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #2961
Webkinz :)
losingmymind is the cats pajamas!losingmymind is the cats pajamas!losingmymind is the cats pajamas!losingmymind is the cats pajamas!losingmymind is the cats pajamas!losingmymind is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Webkinz Newz "Recipe Hunt" Challenge Has Begun! *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by losingmymind
But don't they say that they will take the first 20 correct answers and randomly choose the winners from there? If that's the case, entering at this point in the day is, well pointless.
WINNER SELECTION: 14. The first twenty correct responses from a random pool of entrants will be selected as Winners.

So if you're a kid and had school all day, you're out of luck. Only the ones who entered this morning really have a chance then. AM I right or am I reading this wrong?
losingmymind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #2962
pothemon
duskonig is just really niceduskonig is just really nice

I think the key phrase is "random pool of entrants." After entry time is closed, they'll randomly grab entries (like out of a hat). The first twenty of those that are correct are the winners. I'll admit I haven't read the rules or even entered yet, but that would be how I would interpret it.
duskonig is offline Male
Old 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #2963
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I have 8 accounts, when I signed up the kids on WKN I had to use one email address as the Parent/Guardian to approve.
This contest said one per account, and email address?
I used their email addresses that I set up for the Floating events that use to need the email ones, hope it is all good. It said congrats you were entered for all of them
Fingers crossed at least one of ours wins one.
dawnscott1 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #2964
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by duskonig
I think the key phrase is "random pool of entrants." After entry time is closed, they'll randomly grab entries (like out of a hat). The first twenty of those that are correct are the winners. I'll admit I haven't read the rules or even entered yet, but that would be how I would interpret it.
I agree. That's what we do for our contests here on WI and that's what the rules say to me. I believe everyone who submits a correct entry will have an equal chance.
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #2965
rissybissy

rissybissy has a reputation beyond reputerissybissy has a reputation beyond reputerissybissy has a reputation beyond reputerissybissy has a reputation beyond reputerissybissy has a reputation beyond reputerissybissy has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone put all of the recipies in one post for me... I forget them all!! (I have a TERIBLE memory!)
rissybissy is offline Female
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #2966
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

I agree, it is going to be random, then the first correct one will get one, then another then another. If any of the 20 are incorrect they will draw more

they would not have the contest up for an entire week if it was the first 20 anyways.
And I would be really mad, cuz I was on there at the exact time they put it up in the wee hours of the morning, however there was a glitch that when you pushed the enter contest it brought you to a screen saying it didn't exist
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #2967
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

WINNER SELECTION: 14. The first twenty correct responses from a random pool of entrants will be selected as Winners.

So if you're a kid and had school all day, you're out of luck. Only the ones who entered this morning really have a chance then. AM I right or am I reading this wrong?
First they're randomly selected. Then they're checked to see if they are correct. To do it the other way around would be a HUGE waste of time.

I believe you are reading this wrong. Everyone has the same chance.
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #2968
Diabetes Awareness
62798pop is on a distinguished road

No they put all of the votes from the day into a drawing. They choose and the first twenty win.
62798pop is offline Female
Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #2969
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Default Re: Webkinz Newz "Recipe Hunt" Challenge Has Begun!

View Post Originally Posted by romeo
Reposting for later visitors to this thread...

For those who want to triple-check their spelling and recipes, kitchen visuals:

Spoiler: show

Day One (17 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size. (Stove)

Day Two (18 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size. (Sandwich Maker)

Day Three (19 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size. (Stove)

Day Four (20 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size. (Blender)

Day Five (21 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size. (Blender)

Day Six (22 Feb):
Click the image to open in full size. (Sandwich Maker)

Using those visuals I just posted to check spellings and such, here's my final list of contest recipes:
  • Day One (17 Feb): Tacos + Fish Sticks + Asparagus (Stove) = Canoopaddarole
  • Day Two (18 Feb): Artichoke + Durian + Raspberries (Sandwich Maker) = Pokeydokees
  • Day Three (19 Feb): Cookies + White Rice + Toaster Pastry (Stove) = Pastel Rilladillows
  • Day Four (20 Feb): Croissant + Cheeses + Green Grapes (Blender) = Voilalatte
  • Day Five (21 Feb): Lemon Meringue Pie + Pickles + Jelly (Blender) = Striped Mellowmallow
  • Day Six (22 Feb): Dragon Fruit + Bread + Watermelon (Sandwich Maker) = Fire & Water Sandwich
Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #2970
Diabetes Awareness

DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine
DragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshineDragonsFly is a ray of sunshine

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by FroggyDoodle
I called Ganz....the rep told me that they realize that there are multiple players in a family and that is why we are to enter account names/passwords. She told me that they completely understand that a family may have more players accounts than emails and that the entry is
1 ENTRY PER ACCOUNT and that the fact that the email address is the same is no issue

She told me entering the email is for purposes of sending a prize...but entry is based on the WW account info so they fully expect repeat email addresses...but not repeat account entries. She told me that entering for every account was just fine using the same email address.

Wanted to share this info that I got to ease the mind of all those other parent's out there....I do believe what the rep told me because she said that every member should be allowed to enter, and that they realize most young kids do not have email addresses.
Bringing this forward...
DragonsFly is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<3 <3 <3, 000000005 was here!, 14 year olds r stumped!, canoopaddarole, chef gazpacho, crafter4christ, fire and water sandwich, i want some lucky charms, look for clues, nom nom nom nom nom nom, pokeydokees, recipe hunt, s wuz here, shoobeth noms on shoe, striped mellowmallow, taffeta//mimi ♥, toaster pastry & bread, victory is ours!, we need help! :(, webkinz newz, why is this so hard?? :(, ••••••••shatner•, ❤ we did it!!!! ❤

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: