Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #51
scubaflying
Webkinz :)

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

Default Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet

Due to financial stuff, I haven't been buying near as many 'Kinz lately. In fact, it has been almost a month and a half since I last purchased one... (which is probably my new record)
You know what? I have a bit of money, so I was going to splurge and buy this pet.
Totally not happening now.

I am very irritated they dangled this pet in front of us for months, with tons of secrecy, then they pulled this stunt. With the MANY comments on twitter and such, they KNEW a lot of people loved this pet. I am disgusted they did this. Ganz is going too far. They are pulling themselves down the drain. What kind of person has the money to do this promo? More importantly, what KID can do it?? Isn't Webkinz made for the kiddos??

I have a good-sized collection of Webkinz. I am getting the Dodo, but after that, I honestly don't know if I will continue to buy Webkinz... I'll just play with and enjoy the ones I have.

For those who can afford to get it --- Awesome! I hope you enjoy your new 'Kinz.
PeaceOut is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #52
I Forever Winter

Butterflies has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Thank you, FIA, for the newz, albeit not newz that made too many peeps happy ..

Offering a freebie to promote sales is nothing new and is indeed a common and generally successful marketing tool .. lets face it .. it is free and free is good! .. having said that, it is a little upsetting that lately when Ganz implements such a promo, they often do not make it available for later sale at the regular price for estore pets ..

THAT is the crux of the matter .. the demographic that is currently the marketbase for Webkinz consists mainly of children, moms and grammas .. who just wish to buy a cute kinz for the current price .. period.
That is what is causing peeps to be disgruntled at this newz .. not that it is free with a $75 points package ..

I suggest that perhaps we be patient and hope that this delightful Mystic Bear WILL be available for sale at a later date ..
Butterflies is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #53
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Cute but too exoensive for us. If I went and asked mum to maybe purchase it she woulld definetly say NO. I want is so bad.
Coolgirl27965 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #54

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by mountainfairy
Aw, come on you guys. No one here could possibly collect every single Webkinz Estore and plush alike unless you are indeed super rich. So really, why all the complaints every time one of the hundreds of available Webkinz is unattainable to you? There are so many other awesome ones available that I certainly don't feel underprivileged.

So yeah, ganz wants people to buy Estore points. Perks help get business. For the people who DO buy Estore points regularly, I bet they feel happy that they are getting an extra perk here and there.

Lastly, its not "$75 for one pet" it is "75000 Estore points PLUS one pet." Guess what you could do with the points? Buy more pets from the Estore! Amazing, eh?

You all really need to look at your glasses half full once in a while, or at least notice what you do have.
Normally I would agree, but I don't think it's right to never offer the pet at regular price. I'm okay with these promotions, as I realize a lot of people like to buy points in bulk. So it really is nice for them to get the pet for free as a bonus. But to never offer it to everyone else at regular price does just smack of greed. They could easily hold this promotion and in a month or two offer it up to everyone else.
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #55
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

WOAHHHHH! $75 dollars? That's a lot! But such a cute pet, I must say
kittyhub54 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #56
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by mountainfairy
Aw, come on you guys. No one here could possibly collect every single Webkinz Estore and plush alike unless you are indeed super rich. So really, why all the complaints every time one of the hundreds of available Webkinz is unattainable to you? There are so many other awesome ones available that I certainly don't feel underprivileged.

So yeah, ganz wants people to buy Estore points. Perks help get business. For the people who DO buy Estore points regularly, I bet they feel happy that they are getting an extra perk here and there.

Lastly, its not "$75 for one pet" it is "75000 Estore points PLUS one pet." Guess what you could do with the points? Buy more pets from the Estore! Amazing, eh?

You all really need to look at your glasses half full once in a while, or at least notice what you do have.
I do purchase eStore points...so normally, this would make me quite happy...HOWEVER...Ganz has been busy pushing promos to buy smaller amounts of eStore points...and in addition, they pushed the advertising for this pet. Unfortunately, after all the recent promos that those who do buy eStore points have purchased, like myself...and I have to say, it was to increase my eStore points to purchase these bears for my kids...well, it backfired. They reeled me in, hook, line and sinker...they win. I spent my money on all of the previous offers to build up my eStore points...I certainly DO NOT need any more. Really would have been nice for them to have let us know what getting this bear would entail...The secrecy and buildup, along with everything else they've been pushing at the eStore was unfair. Not only that, how many families have 1 person only that plays WW???...So, do you pick and choose between children...hmm....who'll get the bear...

As far as I am concerned bad judgement call...and I am an eStore buyer...very poor PR and marketing because of all they have done leading up to this sale!

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 08-07-2011 at 11:06 PM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #57
Gifted

abeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond repute

I think people are right about how people like free things, but think of it this way:

If the pet were for sale, it would be $12.50, presumably, like the rest of them.

Purchasing the pet and the $75 of estore points would normally cost $87.50.

This promo is giving you both the pet and the estore points for $75.

How much of a sale is that? You are saving a little under 15% off of the retail price.

I've never seen a company advertise: "Hey Everybody!! We're offering ALMOST 15% off of retail today!!" It's a little laughable. The incentive is the rarity of the pet, not the discount. And with all the Webkinz out there, I don't think the rarity incentive is very strong
abeautifullife is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #58
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
WOAHHHHH! $75 dollars? That's a lot! But such a cute pet, I must say
I don't feel bad for the parents because kids need to learn that they can't have everything they want just because they want it. It's the perfect time to start teaching them the value of a dollar and letting them know Mom and Dad aren't endless ATMs full of cash.

I have 4 kids, 2 of them still play webkinz and totally love this pet. They know there is no way I can/will put out this kind of money on a webkinz and they are fine with it. If we buy one they'll just pick another that they like or wait for one to come out that they want. With all the new pets that come out, there's bound to be another one they like just as much in no time at all.

I don't like sticking a $75 purchase requirement on it at all, to me spending $75 on estore points is way too much but others are ok with it so they can enjoy they can enjoy this one. Just like the kids I can't have every pet I like either
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #59

Mushupug will become famous soon enough

I think we all need to get together and call Ganz to complain. How many kids can afford $75? With the economy the way it is now, not many parents can either. $75 for pixels? Come on Ganz get real.
Mushupug is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #60
Russian

permmonkey has a spectacular aura about

Red face Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet

A $75 webkinz? that has to be the most expensive webkinz ever! LOL, the silky chicken was the same! WOW!
permmonkey is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
applejack=coolbigsis, free the moonbear, no moon bear for hawaii, no moonbear for me, rainbow dash, stop moonbear extortion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: