Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #131
Webkinz :)

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Default Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet *UPDATE*

Hooow Cutee!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #132

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by poobears
As far as brining it out as a regular I can see it from both sides, good and bad. Good because those that want it will have a better chance at getting it. But can you imagine spending $75 now that you normally wouldn't have to get the bear thinking you wouldn't get a chance at it again, only to have it pop up a few weeks later for $12.50? Then you are going to have a lot of angry customers too.

If they release it as a standard pet it needs to be 2 or 3 months down the road so the ones that put the money out for it now don't feel cheated and they should tell everyone up front if it's coming out or not. The phone ops may not know but corporate knows a year in advance or more what is going on so they know if this pet is going to be promo only or like the mint cow, promo then regular estore.
I wouldn't expect them to put it out for regular price in just a few weeks. I'd be okay for them waiting a month or two. That way people can get it early for "free" when they purchase the estore points. That's what they did with the Mint Cow. I was okay for waiting until it was regular price. But to NEVER offer it again? To me that is going over board.
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #133
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
So far, the Swordfish, Silkie Chickie, and Golden Dragon have not been available for purchase.
True... I thought they tied the Golden Dragon with the Deluxe Memberships, so I hadn't counted that in with the rest of the points promos. The Swordfish and Silkie Chickie didn't seem to be as popular or heavily promoted ahead of time like the bear. I got the dragon only because it was time to renew our memberships, otherwise I wouldn't have because I didn't like the pet. The other pets really didn't do anything for me either. This bear I was really looking forward to, but I am simply putting my foot down. Plus what to do with a family with kids - spend $75 times 4? They must really think we are insane. (Or else they have gone nuts themselves! LOL!)

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Wow, $75 worth of eStore points just to get this bear? And play it on a site that's become so patronizing with glitches, too many ads and flashing marketing ploys to spend more money?

Sounds like an easy decision...

GANZ has finally fooled themselves into believing that virtual toys are real ones, and will net the same amount of money. However, people are wising up and sales on the eStore items are going down so GANZ kicks it up a notch and plays hardball with this bear. Has anyone made a comparison of how many eStore items there are now to items you can buy right now in WW with kinzCash? KinzCash is useless- GANZ knows only real money talks.

I can think of better things to spend $75 on, like groceries or school supplies or new shoes. To own a 'pretend' virtual bear that I can only play with when GANZ's site is online seems a little beyond my scope of reasoning.

BTW, how do you like the statement on GANZ's so-called garage sale... about "while supplies last". Give me a break- they're virtual items, there's no production costs to make more of them- just flip a digit in a database and voila! You have another 10,000 to sell.

This, and the bear "promotion" just drives the point home that GANZ truly sees its customer base as a bunch of brainless idiots with very deep pockets.
Yes, have they considered at all that it is "back to school" shopping time? I mean, they must have considering they have a 'back to school' section on the estore. The school lists (in the US anyway, maybe not the same state-to-state) in my area anyway are ridiculously long. We have to buy everything from pencils to expensive algebraic calculators to tissues and hand sanitizers (which I smartened up years ago and quit buying - my tax dollars should be supplying those basics to the schools already!). Not to mention, my kids (surprise!) have grown since last school year, so the need new clothes and shoes for school as well, I need extra money for a lunch budget for more 'packable' lunch items, and other things that arise during the school year. Not such hot timing to throw out a promo for a $75 virtual bear!

View Post Originally Posted by SheaLyn2
I'm gonna let my avvie and siggie, make my statement, as I can not be trusted to use family appropriate language if I post how I'm really feeling about their latest shenigans.
Love your avvie and siggie. Would love to use it if I may... and add some jail bars in front of the bear since he is "imprisoned".

View Post Originally Posted by cocoharry
I agree - and the fact that you can't use family appropriate language when discussing how inappropriate this promo is, only further drives home the fact that this promo for this adorable pet is NOT family friendly in any fashion.

Asking $75 for a pet that they have been advertising, is highway robbery at this point. Ganz used to be quite high in my books because it was something *affordable* for my nieces and nephew to play, and I was able to "treat" them with a pet and a piece of kinzstyle, or even TWO pets for their birthdays. But now, there is so much that has an extra price tag, It seems to me that Ganz has decided to leave thoughts of the children playing out of this... $75 can be so much better put to use... how about school supplies for back to school? Healthy snacks? Dinner? I can see having "special" pets on the estore, sure, but then to further limit it to the select few that can use the estore to begin with?

It's inconsiderate and I am very disappointed with Ganz for making this decision.
View Post Originally Posted by cocoharry
I'm wondering what Ganz is also thinking in terms of the current financial situation? Many of us have had to cut our webkinz budgets almost entirely...
I am with you here. I first got into webkinz because it was something relatively inexpensive that I could do with my kids. I could buy them one here and there as a little surprise, a 'back-to-school' surprise, to have as a little 'get well' if they were feeling sick, etc. And they were always highly sought after by the kids and their friends as birthday and Christmas gifts. Then their friends stopped asking for them. Then it started to get to where the kids wanted the signature ones, which had to be saved for birthdays or Christmas because they were too expensive to buy as little surprises to have on hand. Now the signature line is gone and the kids are asking for them less and less. The one they did want was this bear, which obviously at this price, they won't be getting. I had planned on getting it as part of their "back to school" surprise, but not now.

And yes, I wonder too what Ganz is thinking in terms of the current financial situation? I don't follow the financial news in Canada, so maybe their nation is in better financial straits than ours (I will leave my political opinions out of it as far as Dems and Reps ), but I know that here, with the HUGE debt we are carrying, the state of unemployment, the inflation, and the financial burden most Americans are carrying themselves, most of us just can't afford things like this anymore. Like you said, I have had to cut my webbie budget almost entirely, so I can't even entertain the thought of $75 on estore "points" to obtain the bear. They can phrase it how they want, but if the only way to get the bear is to buy the points and they never offer the bear again, then they are selling the bear for $75 just like they sold the swordfish for $100, and the silkie chicken for $75. And that is just plain 'out there'. But I guess as long as there are people that buy into it, they will continue to do it and the rest of us will have to live with it.

I know that in the future, I will know to NOT get excited about a pet until I actually see it for sale for $12.50 in the estore.
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #134

Petalpuppyxox is an unknown quantity at this point

**** It Looks So Adorable!
Petalpuppyxox is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #135
Gift Guru

SheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924

Love your avvie and siggie. Would love to use it if I may... and add some jail bars in front of the bear since he is "imprisoned".

By all means, and tell your friends!

PS Would you mind shooting me a pm after you doctor the pic with jail bars, as I'd love to add that in and I don't have a drawing program
SheaLyn2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #136
ebkinz Lover!

zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not... But at this hour the estore is close so, I can think about it again...
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #137
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

great way to resist.....don't visit the estore....for the next few days....
lemony is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #138
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by SheaLyn2
By all means, and tell your friends!

PS Would you mind shooting me a pm after you doctor the pic with jail bars, as I'd love to add that in and I don't have a drawing program
By all means! Thanks! ♥
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #139
ebkinz Lover!

zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

View Post Originally Posted by lemony
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #140
Oh! I Am Green!
Gift Guru

PoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellence
PoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellencePoliceProperty is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by lemony
lemony, I know that you want the Big Top Elephant that was advertised as coming soon, but did you read what was under his caption?
"The Big Top Elephant is an online-only pet. Stay tuned to Webkinz Newz to learn how to get this fun new pet!"
I really dread to see what this means, after what is going on with the Moon Bear!
Hugs!
PP
PoliceProperty is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
applejack=coolbigsis, free the moonbear, no moon bear for hawaii, no moonbear for me, rainbow dash, stop moonbear extortion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: