Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #121
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

Default Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet *UPDATE*

As far as brining it out as a regular I can see it from both sides, good and bad. Good because those that want it will have a better chance at getting it. But can you imagine spending $75 now that you normally wouldn't have to get the bear thinking you wouldn't get a chance at it again, only to have it pop up a few weeks later for $12.50? Then you are going to have a lot of angry customers too.

If they release it as a standard pet it needs to be 2 or 3 months down the road so the ones that put the money out for it now don't feel cheated and they should tell everyone up front if it's coming out or not. The phone ops may not know but corporate knows a year in advance or more what is going on so they know if this pet is going to be promo only or like the mint cow, promo then regular estore.
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #122
Webkinz :)

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very cool pet and I would loved to have had him. Having said that, there is no way I could ever spend $75.00 to get him. Rather I had the money or not I can't see how he could be worth that amount of money. I would have bought him had he been a regular estore pet. My $75.00 is better spent on things my family really needs. I am delighted that he is a least available to folks (for a price and might I add a BIG price). For those getting him enjoy your new pet, he is super cute. Hugs
junebugwebkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #123
greenspryte

greenspryte is a glorious beacon of lightgreenspryte is a glorious beacon of lightgreenspryte is a glorious beacon of light

WI Subscriber

Wow way to steep for me and I spend quite a bit on Webkinz. Between the deluxe memberships for 3 of us (full deluxe not add-on) and new webkinz including the peace unicorn I ended up having to get off eBay because my granddaughter who's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks HAD to have, estore points I got when they were having some other specials, etc etc it's killing my budget. $50..... maybe but $75? Yes that's a lot of estore points, but too much for me to keep shelling out over and over again. I need to call them too because my the accounts didn't get the deluxe prize for renewal. I just haven't had time to do it in the morning and by the time I get off work they are closed.
greenspryte is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #124
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Wow, $75 worth of eStore points just to get this bear? And play it on a site that's become so patronizing with glitches, too many ads and flashing marketing ploys to spend more money?

Sounds like an easy decision...

GANZ has finally fooled themselves into believing that virtual toys are real ones, and will net the same amount of money. However, people are wising up and sales on the eStore items are going down so GANZ kicks it up a notch and plays hardball with this bear. Has anyone made a comparison of how many eStore items there are now to items you can buy right now in WW with kinzCash? KinzCash is useless- GANZ knows only real money talks.

I can think of better things to spend $75 on, like groceries or school supplies or new shoes. To own a 'pretend' virtual bear that I can only play with when GANZ's site is online seems a little beyond my scope of reasoning.

BTW, how do you like the statement on GANZ's so-called garage sale... about "while supplies last". Give me a break- they're virtual items, there's no production costs to make more of them- just flip a digit in a database and voila! You have another 10,000 to sell.

This, and the bear "promotion" just drives the point home that GANZ truly sees its customer base as a bunch of brainless idiots with very deep pockets.

Last edited by likmfurry; 08-08-2011 at 08:41 PM..
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #125
Dachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshine
Dachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshine

like the pet but i don't have estore
Dachshund122601 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #126
Gift Guru

SheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSheaLyn2 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I'm gonna let my avvie and siggie, make my statement, as I can not be trusted to use family appropriate language if I post how I'm really feeling about their latest shenigans.
SheaLyn2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #127
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by SheaLyn2
I'm gonna let my avvie and siggie, make my statement, as I can not be trusted to use family appropriate language if I post how I'm really feeling about their latest shenigans.
I agree - and the fact that you can't use family appropriate language when discussing how inappropriate this promo is, only further drives home the fact that this promo for this adorable pet is NOT family friendly in any fashion.

Asking $75 for a pet that they have been advertising, is highway robbery at this point. Ganz used to be quite high in my books because it was something *affordable* for my nieces and nephew to play, and I was able to "treat" them with a pet and a piece of kinzstyle, or even TWO pets for their birthdays. But now, there is so much that has an extra price tag, It seems to me that Ganz has decided to leave thoughts of the children playing out of this... $75 can be so much better put to use... how about school supplies for back to school? Healthy snacks? Dinner? I can see having "special" pets on the estore, sure, but then to further limit it to the select few that can use the estore to begin with?

It's inconsiderate and I am very disappointed with Ganz for making this decision.
cocoharry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #128
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

I'm wondering what Ganz is also thinking in terms of the current financial situation? Many of us have had to cut our webkinz budgets almost entirely...
cocoharry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #129
Diabetes Awareness

Hawaii is on a distinguished road

$75!? this is RIDICULOUS. I am not even allowed to buy from the estore and I am getting really annoyed that all the really cool webkinz ganz is making only for the estore. I would love to be able to have plush versions. Then I could have these pets.

View Post Originally Posted by SheaLyn2
I agree. This is so unfair. Especially with the economy the way it is and the fact that even regular webkinz prices are starting to rise. At justice stores they are now $18 for the regular size.

Last edited by Hawaii; 08-08-2011 at 11:31 PM..
Hawaii is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #130
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

I have to say, it's easier to not get this bear than I thought it would be. It's sad that they are only giving a short time for it...having to come up with $75 in these days is not a decision anyone can make spur of the moment...and basically, that is what they are asking us to do!...

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 08-09-2011 at 09:54 AM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
applejack=coolbigsis, free the moonbear, no moon bear for hawaii, no moonbear for me, rainbow dash, stop moonbear extortion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: