Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #111
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I think it's because Ganz has been talking about this pet since April. For four months they get everyone excited about it. Then, they spring the fact that players must buy $75 worth of points to earn it.

I think if players had found out about the deal all at once, like the other pets, this wouldn't have been a big problem.
FIA, you are absolutely right...they have been having point promos leading up to this so many of us were already spending money to stock up on eStore points in hopes of buying the bear...only to find out that in order to get it, you must buy eStore points. Had I not spent that money earlier, I may have considered it...but now I have all the points already...and I'm just getting tired of the fact we can't kinzpost eStore items...but that's a whole other can of worms.

At any rate, it really was the combination of prolonged hype and secrecy with the resultant method of getting this pet that is at issue...and let's face it...what child can spend that kind of money...and better yet...how many parents want to...especially when many of us have more than 1 child....

You know...in my honest opinion...the eStore would make soooo much more money if they sold that pet for 12,500 eStore points...there would be a whole lot more buying that than the ones that will opt for this deal...it really is hard for me to understand because they are choosing a route that I think will net them less revenue in the long run.

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 08-08-2011 at 03:46 PM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #112
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
I called the estore and asked if the bear would be available in the future or if this is the only time it would be available. The woman rep told me that she isn't told of all future plans, but as far as she knows, this is the only way the bear will be available - as a promotional item - and she does not know if/when it will be available again in the future. I voiced my opinion on the fact that I think that Ganz has lost sight of the fact that not only had they started this as a site for children, but now they seem to be catering to "high end" clients because particularly in this economy, there are not a lot of people who can drop $75 for a virtual bear, and in this case, that is what they are asking. Before, they tied it in with the points as a bonus in such a way that the bear was "free" with the points because the bear would be made available to everyone else in the future, but in this case, if you want the bear, the only way to get it is to buy the points, so in essence, you are buying the bear for $75 and then have the estore points sitting around for future use, which is crazy.

I told her that in my opinion, kids are losing interest in webkinz because they can't obtain the items they most want anymore and even the adults are getting fed-up with the money Ganz thinks we are willing to spend. They are over-estimating the amount in a big way. Many of us are willing to let it go or stick with what we have because it is not worth it. I also mentioned the adventureland situation even though it is not estore - same company. I told her we are not going to spend money re-purchasing pets that we most likely all already have just to access a new area of the site. We consumers are more savvy than that. And when the adults tire of spending money on all this, not only will they lose our money, but they will find entire families walking away from webkinz and Ganz will find itself filing for bankruptcy. She was very nice, and of course, said she herself couldn't do anything but pass the info along and understood everyone's frustrations.

I emphasized to yes, please make sure the info gets passed along to the appropriate parties. Because if they don't care about their customers, they at least care about their bottom line, and they better start listening to these phone complaints and get out and start reading some of these forums, twitters, etc. to see where consumers' thoughts really are. Because if they are relying on a small focus group in some boardroom, they are living in a bubble, and that bubble is about to pop!
Click the image to open in full size.

-
I agree with every word of this!
My eyes just glaze over now when I see yet another section that is going to require so much more money... much less just one pet! The prices are ridiculous. I'm trying to content myself with my old Webbies, the fun old games, and just enjoying my WW rooms. If they push me too much farther with these outrageous 'upgrades', I'll have to leave. I've spent enough. They need to pull back a bit with the prices, and just perfect what they have.
A virtual pet for 75 dollars?? ROFL
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #113
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

With the other pets, people were able to buy them eventually. They just had to wait a little longer.
So far, the Swordfish, Silkie Chickie, and Golden Dragon have not been available for purchase.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #114
ebkinz Lover!

zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait
zebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the waitzebultux is worth the wait

I called the estore and asked if the bear would be available in the future or if this is the only time it would be available. The woman rep told me that she isn't told of all future plans, but as far as she knows, this is the only way the bear will be available - as a promotional item - and she does not know if/when it will be available again in the future. I voiced my opinion on the fact that I think that Ganz has lost sight of the fact that not only had they started this as a site for children, but now they seem to be catering to "high end" clients because particularly in this economy, there are not a lot of people who can drop $75 for a virtual bear, and in this case, that is what they are asking. Before, they tied it in with the points as a bonus in such a way that the bear was "free" with the points because the bear would be made available to everyone else in the future, but in this case, if you want the bear, the only way to get it is to buy the points, so in essence, you are buying the bear for $75 and then have the estore points sitting around for future use, which is crazy.

I told her that in my opinion, kids are losing interest in webkinz because they can't obtain the items they most want anymore and even the adults are getting fed-up with the money Ganz thinks we are willing to spend. They are over-estimating the amount in a big way. Many of us are willing to let it go or stick with what we have because it is not worth it. I also mentioned the adventureland situation even though it is not estore - same company. I told her we are not going to spend money re-purchasing pets that we most likely all already have just to access a new area of the site. We consumers are more savvy than that. And when the adults tire of spending money on all this, not only will they lose our money, but they will find entire families walking away from webkinz and Ganz will find itself filing for bankruptcy. She was very nice, and of course, said she herself couldn't do anything but pass the info along and understood everyone's frustrations.

I emphasized to yes, please make sure the info gets passed along to the appropriate parties. Because if they don't care about their customers, they at least care about their bottom line, and they better start listening to these phone complaints and get out and start reading some of these forums, twitters, etc. to see where consumers' thoughts really are. Because if they are relying on a small focus group in some boardroom, they are living in a bubble, and that bubble is about to pop!

-
Thanks for telling us your call and the picture is very representative
zebultux is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #115
Unregistered

Well I actually purchased the 75.00 dollars and no code?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #116
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Unregistered
Well I actually purchased the 75.00 dollars and no code?
They're going to be sent on the 12th.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #117
PYT

steffeefacee is just really nicesteffeefacee is just really nice

-

I agree with every word said. They are WAY too money focused. And let's face it, their customer service stinks! I've called before about a glitched item, and they act like it's not their job to care. I am getting SO fed up ganz being so money hungry. Like they weren't already rolling in the dough with the plushes, then the estore, then the signature and endangered animals, NOW we can only get certain pets by spending 75 bucks!? Some of us have BILLS! Growing up if I had asked my mom for this, she would have died laughing. This is ridiculous. Be customer friendly, or you're going to lose your customers!
steffeefacee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #118
mountainfairy

mountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud ofmountainfairy has much to be proud of

I know I just posted all my optimistic views as i always do when the crowd is going hard on Ganz, but I am not completely thrilled either. Business, by its very nature, is inherently "evil" in the eye of the consumer. Advertisements all over compelling us to spend money that would be better saved. . . It's a test of our will power to ignore it all.

However, when a business gets too greedy, people stop buying, which would be bad for business, of course. I wonder if Ganz really thought out what they were trying to do with this promo. I have little complaint with the promo in of itself, though it is out of my own budget. Still, I see all of your points about the hype and promos leading up to it and all of you saving up estore points. I Havent bought any estore points for a very long time, so I could theoretically justify the expense. That's where the other dilemma comes in: Announcing its availability immediately before it comes available and offering for only a few days doesn't seem like a good business move. For many parents (and kids) who might have gone for this, they would have needed a bit of time to save up or budget the money. If I had an extra month or two, even I could budget it in if I was desperate enough. How many people can just give up $75 at the drop of a hat? Its one of those things that kids need to beg their parents for for weeks on end and promise to get good grades and do extra chores, all the while giving the parents time to budget it in. Im thinking, and hoping, this wont really be the first and only offer for this bear.
mountainfairy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #119

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I think it's because Ganz has been talking about this pet since April. For four months they get everyone excited about it. Then, they spring the fact that players must buy $75 worth of points to earn it.

I think if players had found out about the deal all at once, like the other pets, this wouldn't have been a big problem.
I agree, the build up to this pet got a lot of people really looking forward to it. Only to get disappointed in the end.
Lambchop77 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #120
HAPPY DAYS

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

After looking at all the Happiness Bundles, buying the 75000 points to get the Moon Bear is such a bargain. As always, we want them all. Thanks to my grandmother we are going to get them.

My grandmother also talked to Ganz today and complained about the September pets not being available through normal distributors. The person she talked to said he would definitely pass it along. When he looked at the number of pets we have and the amount of money my grandmother spends at the estore, he agreed our opinion was worth something.

Maybe together we can get something done about their not releasing pets.
mommysbabe19 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
applejack=coolbigsis, free the moonbear, no moon bear for hawaii, no moonbear for me, rainbow dash, stop moonbear extortion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: