Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #101
Team GATOR!
Gifted

Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Webkinz Mystic Moon Bear is an eStore Promo Pet *UPDATE*

No fair that they are not offering it as a regular estore pet.. Not going to spend $75 just to get, but it is so so cute!
Babygator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #102
e'r the Gator Nation
Gift Guru

Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness
Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by surprise
I have been away on vacation. Would someone enlighten me as to what the Double Happiness and Huge Bundle Even might be?

Whoa, $75.00 for a pixle bear....I sure am passing on this one. I don't care if it is considered free when you buy those points. Way too much for my pocketbook. Oh wait, maybe my money tree us blooming in my backyard.
Loved your comment about the money tree in the back yard. I think Ganz thinks we all have one!
Luckylion is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #103
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

I was hoping for a plush of this, it's much too cute!
mickey26 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #104
Majesty84
Webkinz :)

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
I was hoping for a plush of this, it's much too cute!
I agree or that it would be sold at the estore as a regular estore pet.
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #105
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

I called the estore and asked if the bear would be available in the future or if this is the only time it would be available. The woman rep told me that she isn't told of all future plans, but as far as she knows, this is the only way the bear will be available - as a promotional item - and she does not know if/when it will be available again in the future. I voiced my opinion on the fact that I think that Ganz has lost sight of the fact that not only had they started this as a site for children, but now they seem to be catering to "high end" clients because particularly in this economy, there are not a lot of people who can drop $75 for a virtual bear, and in this case, that is what they are asking. Before, they tied it in with the points as a bonus in such a way that the bear was "free" with the points because the bear would be made available to everyone else in the future, but in this case, if you want the bear, the only way to get it is to buy the points, so in essence, you are buying the bear for $75 and then have the estore points sitting around for future use, which is crazy.

I told her that in my opinion, kids are losing interest in webkinz because they can't obtain the items they most want anymore and even the adults are getting fed-up with the money Ganz thinks we are willing to spend. They are over-estimating the amount in a big way. Many of us are willing to let it go or stick with what we have because it is not worth it. I also mentioned the adventureland situation even though it is not estore - same company. I told her we are not going to spend money re-purchasing pets that we most likely all already have just to access a new area of the site. We consumers are more savvy than that. And when the adults tire of spending money on all this, not only will they lose our money, but they will find entire families walking away from webkinz and Ganz will find itself filing for bankruptcy. She was very nice, and of course, said she herself couldn't do anything but pass the info along and understood everyone's frustrations.

I emphasized to yes, please make sure the info gets passed along to the appropriate parties. Because if they don't care about their customers, they at least care about their bottom line, and they better start listening to these phone complaints and get out and start reading some of these forums, twitters, etc. to see where consumers' thoughts really are. Because if they are relying on a small focus group in some boardroom, they are living in a bubble, and that bubble is about to pop!
Click the image to open in full size.

-
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #106
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Luckylion
Loved your comment about the money tree in the back yard. I think Ganz thinks we all have one!
Too bad my son hadn't taken better care of that bean stalk he planted. We might have been able to climb up there and get some riches to obtain some of these things Ganz is putting out. Unfortunately, after taking care of it when he brought it home from scouts for months, then transplanting it to a pot and watching it vine into everything including my centerpiece on the table, I told him he would help me plant it in the back yard by the shed and then it would be a continuing part of the "project" (that the scouts never finished) and he would have to take care of it by watering it when needed and checking on it each day. He never did. I did it a few times and then gave it up because I thought, "no, he has to learn that if he doesn't take care of it, it will die" (he didn't even care! ). Man, now I wish I would have taken care of it.

Could have climbed up there like Jack and brought down the Goose that lays golden eggs and other riches. We'd have been set! LOL! Well, there's always next year....
Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #107
Savanna789

webkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossible
webkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossiblewebkinzrock474 challenges the impossible

Really Ganz?? It's sooo cute, I can't believe it's $75 just for pixels! NOOO way am I getting this! i could probably get a brand new video game or something for the price for what they're charging it for!
webkinzrock474 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #108
PokemonBlack is on a distinguished road

They do this all the time. Buy 75,000 points for an exclusive pet. Why is this one making everybody so mad but not the other pets they've released like this. I just don't understand.
PokemonBlack is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #109
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by PokemonBlack
They do this all the time. Buy 75,000 points for an exclusive pet. Why is this one making everybody so mad but not the other pets they've released like this. I just don't understand.
I think it's because Ganz has been talking about this pet since April. For four months they get everyone excited about it. Then, they spring the fact that players must buy $75 worth of points to earn it.

I think if players had found out about the deal all at once, like the other pets, this wouldn't have been a big problem.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #110
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by PokemonBlack
With the other pets, people were able to buy them eventually. They just had to wait a little longer. With this one, as far as anyone can tell at this point, this is the only way to get it - pay $75. Plus, as FIA pointed out, they have dangled this in front of us since April, saying it was 'coming soon', leading us to believe it would be available within a few weeks and never indicating it wouldn't be available to everyone. Then, as close back as early July, they told us again it would be coming soon - again, with no indication it would be a special promotional pet. So, they have hyped this up, and of course, it is one of the cuter pets they have released in awhile, only to pull it out from under everyone at the last minute by attaching it to an outrageous promotion.

People were annoyed over the other promos, that they had to wait an extra three months or so to get their pets, etc., but there is no indication at this point that this will be available by any other means, so it is understandable, imho, that people are more upset over this one. Plus, Ganz just seems to be getting generally more and more "greedy" (yes, I recognize they are a business, but there is a balance they have to strike if they are to keep customers coming back) as of late and I think people are tiring of that as well. All speculation, of course, but that's my thought.

Tags
applejack=coolbigsis, free the moonbear, no moon bear for hawaii, no moonbear for me, rainbow dash, stop moonbear extortion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: