Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: Would it be okay for WI to put ads for logged in members?
Yes 8176.42%
No 109.43%
Can we try something else (without ads)? 1514.15%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default WI wants to know!!

Well, with the huge amount of growth, we've had to upgrade our server again to the biggest and fastest that the hosting company has! When we outgrow this one, we'll start balancing on multiple servers.. Of course, as you all know, with these added servers, our expenses to keep WI running are continuing to increase as quickly as our membership and popularity!

We're wondering if all of you wouldn't mind us switching the current Google ads "on" for members. Currently, only guests see the ads, and we generate a small amount of funds from these ads, but with the giveaways and server costs, the ads don't get even close to breaking even.

Basically, what we're talking about is shown in the picture attached here. These ads are all served by Google.Com, so they are legitimate, will never have pop ups and will (most of the time) be Webkinz-related (sometimes Google is funny and when we talk about a "hot air balloon" we get ads for "hot air balloon rides").

The ads are based on a "PPC" system (pay-per-click). So, when someone clicks an ad, Google charges the advertiser for the click and credits the "click" to our site and pays us accordingly. It isn't much, but with as many members and as much traffic as we have now, we think it could add up!

If you see an ad you're interested, go ahead and give it a click! If not, we think that they're out of the way and hopefully won't bother you. Take a look at the screenshot, or log out of your account and reload the forum to see what we're proposing. Of course, it is all up to you, so here's the poll!

WHOOPS!! My mistake.. here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about....

EDIT: Response looks good and I may put up a donations box for those who have the means and the desire, as well. Thanks for the idea!
Attached Images
File Type: pngPicture 54.png (66.9 KB, 117 views)
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
emily7921

Default Re: WI wants to know!!

If it helps you guys at the WI Staff, it'll be fine iwht me!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
Noodle81
Gifted
poodle8 is on a distinguished road

I agree. Clicking on a few adds is a small price to pay to be able use WI!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
MzMoody33
Webkinz :)

Karen has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. Whatever we need to do to help out !!!
Karen is offline Female
Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #5
mfalada
Gifted

mfalada is on a distinguished road

That's fine. I don't care if there are ads or not.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
PinkGypsy
Webkinz :)
Pink Gypsy is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind...and if we all click just 1 or 2 ads a day, that will help bring in some money!

Justin...have you considered perhaps having donations as an option? I've seen other forums use donations to help run their sites. It's totally optional for the user and depending on how much or how often someone donates they usually get a special icon or something on their avatar box to denote that this user has donated.

Just a thought!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Hey thanks for that idea, I had been thinking about that, too! Thanks for the ideas, I wasn't sure what you all would be "okay" with. I've tried to keep this kind of stuff out as much as possible for members, cause I like making you all happy, it's just starting to add up lately!!

View Post Originally Posted by Pink Gypsy
I don't mind...and if we all click just 1 or 2 ads a day, that will help bring in some money!

Justin...have you considered perhaps having donations as an option? I've seen other forums use donations to help run their sites. It's totally optional for the user and depending on how much or how often someone donates they usually get a special icon or something on their avatar box to denote that this user has donated.

Just a thought!
Justin is offline Male
Old 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Justin, I see no problem with the idea of ads. It would only take a few seconds to click on some of them if it will help.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Joybells202 is a splendid one to beholdJoybells202 is a splendid one to beholdJoybells202 is a splendid one to beholdJoybells202 is a splendid one to behold

i think the ads thing is a great idea. we take for granted that all this stuff is free. you are doing a great job here and it needs to be as easy and unexpensive as possible. thanks for asking us what we think but i say bring on the ads if it helps. it looks like they will be on the side and won't change anything. thanks for everything you are doing i know it is alot of hard work.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
eawdancer
Gifted

whynot? is on a distinguished road

Justin, the google ads are really not much of an annoyance, and I think you should do it because none of us wants you going broke in real life so we can all be broke in WW!!! Jokes aside, I'm happy for you that your forum has grown, but I miss when there weren't quite so many users.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: