Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Webkinz Insider Updates Rare Items Display!

A new front page story has been added:

Webkinz Insider Updates Rare Items Display!

I've been wanting to update the rares display for a very long time on WI and just never could find a way that was as visually-pleasing as I wanted and uncomplicated enough for manual entry. I finally broke down and spent the last few days on coding a new rare entry and notice generation script!

Click the image to open in full size.

Now, a WI staff member needs to only enter the Curio Shop rare data once and the system takes care of the rest, with a nice graphical display! Our Curio Shop Tracking Tool is also integrated into this new entry mode, so that data will become useful to everyone once again as well.

A few functions that you may not notice at first. The name of each rare item can be found by putting your mouse over the image in question. The rares for the entire day will be visible until the clock in that time zone turns to midnight, so members can see if they've missed any rares earlier in the day. Finally, whenever each time zone has a rare in the Curio Shop, the text above and below the image will turn red, giving everyone on the forum a heads up that something rare is available in the Curio Shop during that hour!
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
roverbono on
Webkinz :)

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Updates Rare Items Display!

I noticed that right away : )

I like it! ♥
dizzyfish101 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

Awesome as always Justin!! You ARE the man!
CYNalot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

This is a great update! It's especially useful for newbies to WW, who might not know which item is which. Thanks so much for the update! And the highlighted in RED thing is super helpful as well. Rep!
wowewe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Thank you, Justin for taking the time to incorporate all of these wonderful new features. I would still be trying to program all of that for the next hundred years. All of these features will be so helpful to all of us in so many ways.
Ergoiam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

This is the best update to the forum so far!
000000005 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Just a big

nittensthekitte will become famous soon enough

I just noticed this a minute ago! I love it. I always wonder what the item looks like, and this makes things soooooo much easier!! Great job!
nittensthekitte is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I just noticed this update and think it is awesome! it is so much easier for everyone to see, especially for the little kids or the members who do not read English very well. Thank you so much for such a wonderful update!
tokyo rose is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

Posted this in the thread within the Curio shop area, but wanted to make sure my appreciation got heard. This is INCREDIBLY helpful and is highly appreciated. Rock on Admins/Mods!
kaykohugs is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
pinky94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you it's a wonderful addiction
pinky94 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
justin is #1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: