Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #51
Sweetiehart
Webkinz :)
robncynnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Receives Preview Images of Trading Block from Ganz!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I can see the potential for unscrupulous trading to occur. They may think that what we are doing isn't secure, but I trust it WAY more than the venue they are trying to foist on us. This does not look at all secure. I hope they have other limitations and a fairness aspect. We have that going on here. I mean what is to stop someone from trading a country bed for a Superbed to a little kid like my Granddaughter? No...I think I will stay with this for now.
Everybody does realize that this is all just pretend "stuff"? None of it is really worth anything. If you are that concerned about what your kid is going to trade and that it is not going to be fair, you are either taking this WAY too seriously or you shouldn't even let them be playing at all. Probably both. Although anyone on this message board obviously takes WW way to seriously anyway, including me.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #52
Webkinz :)

JennandBeau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs up Re: Webkinz Insider Receives Preview Images of Trading Block from Ganz!

I was so excited when I 1st read this, but after reading the responses to Justin's post, I'm nervous.
I think I may only trade with people I know in the beginning (in the clubhouse.)

I think the best plan may be to just keep going towards my goal and work towards being able to trade on WI GE, like many others think on this thread.

Thanks to all posts for all the information, positive and negative!
WI is the best!

My pets::easter::el1::kanga::koala::pgn::pig:
Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #53
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by natira
This is fabulous, but I don't know if it could completely replace the GE on WI. I like being able to "talk" to each other! There are some other limitations too, i.e.
> can only make one trade with each person a day
> have to trade only one, two, or three items each in a trade
> if there's no GEV, there will be a lot of folks being taken advantage of in this setting

Hmmmm, I'm not as excited as I was . . .
Uhhh....those first two things are true now...you can only kinzmail 3 items a day...you can agree to more but thats all you can actually trade a day.
View Post Originally Posted by doddldaddl
are you going to be able to trade rare items?
Good question...I wonder what items they will restrick...like Eish Tokens perhaps??
View Post Originally Posted by All4my5girls
I'm with you. I love the interaction on WI. It is the best place to chat and trade.
Me too..I like the GE and being able to have fair trades since everyone has to work thier way thier.
View Post Originally Posted by JennandBeau
I was so excited when I 1st read this, but after reading the responses to Justin's post, I'm nervous.
I wonder...does this mean we can trade more then ones a day...once through kinzmail and once through the trade room??
L6313 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #54
Gift Guru

renddersgirl has a spectacular aura about

So cool that Ganz sent a sneak preview to WI! I still belive in the WI way, not too sure if I would do the WW way.....
renddersgirl is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 PM   #55
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

WOW, awesome! What will happen to our trading if we can get everything on there?
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #56
[xo]starburst

That is really cool ♥
I can not wait until they make it available for everyone in WW!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #57
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by robncynnie
Everybody does realize that this is all just pretend "stuff"? None of it is really worth anything. If you are that concerned about what your kid is going to trade and that it is not going to be fair, you are either taking this WAY too seriously or you shouldn't even let them be playing at all. Probably both. Although anyone on this message board obviously takes WW way to seriously anyway, including me.
We all do realize this is just pretend, but it is our hobby. We enjoy what we do. I just like kids to be happy. It kills me to see my friends selling their valuable stuff, but if they prefer the kc, it's okay with me. Most of us are more laid back than we seem.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #58
courtneyrulz
Gifted

webkiesmom is on a distinguished road

I think it's great except how do you communicate like we do here. It's not like you can say how about this for this or I'm looking for this. Not to mention how are they going to keep it fair like they do here? I don't think it will completely replace this site- It will be great for some of those smaller trades- unless there is going to be rules even there. Does anyone know? I'm worried about the little kids trading say an exclusive for something of much lesser value at the wshop- and then regretting it later. I hope it's monitored like it is here so some kid doesn't get ripped off.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #59
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
We all do realize this is just pretend, but it is our hobby. We enjoy what we do. I just like kids to be happy. It kills me to see my friends selling their valuable stuff, but if they prefer the kc, it's okay with me. Most of us are more laid back than we seem.
Well put!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #60
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
That was well said...
I know what you mean...one of my nieces got another elephant fountain...I had been telling my mom I wanted that item and so she told my niece and she sent it to me cause she is less into webkinz then my 55plus mother and my 30plus self...I was so happy but I felt guilty too cause I knew it's trade value...and so just to clear my concience I sent her a rose party dress from the kinzstyle shop and gave her a Persian Cat Webkinz...cause what she did was so sweet...bless her heart...
L6313 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: