Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #51
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

Default Re: WI Members Wonder About Status of POTM Glitch

If you are not supposed to adopt pets back to back, then WHY do they ask at the adoption center if you would like to adopt another pet just after you finish adopting a new one? If this is a problem, then they should set it up so that you can only adopt one pet at a time!

And I don't see how they can get away with NOT giving you the loot bags that they advertised are supposed to come with your pet, especially if they do not state anywhere that adopting pets back to back may result in the loss of your gift.

I am not one who rushes to pick up the phone and complain, but for this I definitely would! If they want people to go out and buy a new pet each month for the POTM loot bags, then they need to award them as promised! I was going to go buy a Himilayan while I'm at Walgreens today because I have never had a POTM before, and thought I would treat myself this month. I am rethinking that idea now.

If CS won't resolve this issue, I would definitely be asking to speak with a supervisor.
momcrom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #52
Unregistered

Talking Re: WI Members Wonder About Status of POTM Glitch

Just a heads up I put a terrier in at the end of February and a Himalayan cat at the beginning of March and received different POTM items. I only had 8 POTM items and now have 10 maybe because I have so few I lucked out. But good luck to everyone!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #53
WebkinzMom1028
Webkinz :)

WebkinzMom28 will become famous soon enough

Hello, I just want to add that yesterday I adopted 4 POTM cats..yes 4 I'm wanting that carousel badly also! I also adopted the birthstone pet. I did them all at the same time, but had a problem getting my loot bags.

This is what I had to do...I did get the first loot bag then when I tried the others it would not even take me to the room that cat was in. So I logged out and back in and found that my cats were piled up on top of one another in the same room. After separating them to different parts of the room. I would change to another pet I already had, go to that room and then go back to one of my cats that I hadn't received the loot bag from. When I did that it did give me my bag.

I just had to change to different pets and go to different rooms and switch back to one of the cats that I hadn't gotten the bag from. In the end I did get all my loot bags (no carousel BTW ) So I would try something like that if you haven't already.

I hope this helps in some way! Good luck to you and I hope you get your gift soon
WebkinzMom28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #54

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Everything worked fine for me, thank goodness! On our five main accounts we had all but three of the POTM items, and of course really wanted the carosel. I have many duplicates and didn't want any more!

I did a marathon of kinz posting, planning it out with the duplicates so that, when I adopted my three new cats on seperate accounts, all the available exclusives were in the dock. What a job! But we got each of the three items we didn't have, and I held my breath as the last one was awarded -- the carosel!

I got the cats on sale a few months back and had the tags in my box of unadopted pets. This will have to do for now so I am so glad I got the carosel (because I don't have any of the next two POTM pets waiting and like most everyone else I am trying to cut back!).

___

If you look closely you will see that "Valley" (my sock monkey in my avie) is wishing you a Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

___

Last edited by CheekyDB; 03-02-2010 at 12:50 PM..
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #55
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

I called Ganz this morning, 9:00 am sharp; when I told them my username she knew what I was calling about. She said she would see if the supervisor was at his desk, she put me on hold and when she came back she said that the supervisor said to fix the issue and give me my loot bag. Here is my question: Why did I have to call three times to get this fixed?
First time they told me there is nothing they could do. Second time they said there was nothing they could do, but would bring it to a supervisor’s attention. Third time I had to call them and they fixed it.

While she was adding my items to my dock I asked her what happened for REAL this time. She said that it is an option to adopt pet’s on top of each other, but that Ganz does not recommend this. She said that with the POTM it is sensitive and subject to glitches. We Webkinz players should ALWAYS play it safe and adopt one pet at a time. She said that she hears about this happening all the time when people adopt POTM pets on top of each other.

Things we have learned:
  • When adopting the POTM, adopt it alone; open the loot bag before adopting another pet.
  • When calling Ganz, if you are told there is nothing that can be done from the Customer Service person ask to speak with a Supervisor right then and there.
  • These are pixels that we are paying for and we should get what we are paying for so never except “I’m sorry there is nothing we can do.”
Thank you guys again for being sooooooooooooooo support of me through a ruff day of disappointment yesterday. I received some wonderful support and advice. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #56

melnicjus is a jewel in the roughmelnicjus is a jewel in the rough

I added my himilayan to an account that had all the POTM items except the carousel and I got a duplicate magic 9 ball. On the next two accounts that had all of the POTM items but the carousel I pulled all of the items out of my rooms to my dock - then I got the carousel on both of those accounts. Go figure
melnicjus is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #57
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by momcrom
If you are not supposed to adopt pets back to back, then WHY do they ask at the adoption center if you would like to adopt another pet just after you finish adopting a new one? If this is a problem, then they should set it up so that you can only adopt one pet at a time!

And I don't see how they can get away with NOT giving you the loot bags that they advertised are supposed to come with your pet, especially if they do not state anywhere that adopting pets back to back may result in the loss of your gift.

I am not one who rushes to pick up the phone and complain, but for this I definitely would! If they want people to go out and buy a new pet each month for the POTM loot bags, then they need to award them as promised! I was going to go buy a Himilayan while I'm at Walgreens today because I have never had a POTM before, and thought I would treat myself this month. I am rethinking that idea now.

If CS won't resolve this issue, I would definitely be asking to speak with a supervisor.
I asked the customer service women today that exact question. If the option is available, then why should we not do it. She said that POTM pets are sensative and we should NOT adopt them with other pets or multiple POTM's together.

I don't think I have called Ganz before, I always let everyone else do it, but when I was the only person with the issue yesterday I knew I had to call. I think this is also why I was so ticked because I call and I am told tough toe nails.

I told them that I drive all over town looking for specific pets because of what Ganz offers with them. When you are not rewarded with that offer it isn't right and "We can't do anything to fix it." is not an exceptable answer.

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzMom28
Hello, I just want to add that yesterday I adopted 4 POTM cats..yes 4 I'm wanting that carousel badly also! I also adopted the birthstone pet. I did them all at the same time, but had a problem getting my loot bags.

This is what I had to do...I did get the first loot bag then when I tried the others it would not even take me to the room that cat was in. So I logged out and back in and found that my cats were piled up on top of one another in the same room. After separating them to different parts of the room. I would change to another pet I already had, go to that room and then go back to one of my cats that I hadn't received the loot bag from. When I did that it did give me my bag.

I just had to change to different pets and go to different rooms and switch back to one of the cats that I hadn't gotten the bag from. In the end I did get all my loot bags (no carousel BTW ) So I would try something like that if you haven't already.

I hope this helps in some way! Good luck to you and I hope you get your gift soon
I am sooooooo happy that you received the POTM loot bags. However, I guess this does show that there can be an issue when adopting them back to back. Some people did it yesterday without issue, but now that makes two of us that did have an issue. Now mine was a huge issue that Ganz had to resolve, but it shows that we all need to be safe and adopt the POTM seperate and one at a time. I don't understand this reasoning, but as we know Ganz is FULL of glitches. We just have to figure out how to work around them.

Last edited by rollingfur; 03-02-2010 at 01:16 PM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #58
Wat

sapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wonder

Wait. . . Something's wrong here. . . My brother got that POTM item when he adopted the Schnauzer on January the first. . . And he only had one POTM item before he adopted the Schnauzer. . . How could this be?
sapphire6868 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #59
marybess18

marybess18 has a spectacular aura aboutmarybess18 has a spectacular aura about

SO glad you finally spoke with someone that could help you Rollingfur! The CSR's with Ganz have no power to fix anything on your account-atleast when I've called. It seems to me that they are paid to tell customers that they can do nothing about the problem you have incurred. I guess some people fall for this and then the supervisors have to speak to less unhappy Webkinz customers. I'm really glad you stuck with it and talked with a supervisor!

I had all 24 POTM items except for the Carousel in my Dock when I adopted my ugly Himalayan Cat this morning (sorry to the Hilmalayan cat lovers - cute avatar, but horrible plush!) and I did get the Carousel!!! However, I was almost shaking when I opened up my Loot Bag LOL! I worked so dang hard to get all the POTM items and traded too many good things for a few of them to not get the carousel. Glad I didn't have to call Ganz. After reading this, they wouldn't have wanted to speak to me LOL!!!
marybess18 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #60
Gift Guru

Kikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with graceKikio wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I adopted my Himalayan this morning and received a new potm item.
Kikio is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: