Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default WI Members Wonder About Status of POTM Glitch *UPDATE*

A new front page story has been added:

WI Members Wonder About Status of POTM Glitch *UPDATE*

Click the image to open in full size.We have been getting a number of questions in the forum from our members who are wondering if the Pet of the Month Exclusive Item Glitch has been fixed yet. Unfortunately, based on reports from our members, it appears that there is still a problem. We have many members who have all of the POTM items except the new Carnival Carousel, but instead of getting the Carousel as their prize, they're getting another one of the items that they already have. This glitch hasn't affected every POTM adoption, but it seems to have affected enough that we have taken note of it and are attempting to track it.

As most of you know, when a POTM is adopted during its special month, one of the prizes awarded on that account is a special POTM exclusive that can't be obtained anywhere else. The programming is supposed to be set up so that players won't receive a duplicate POTM item of one they have on their accounts at the time of the adoption (until they collect them all, of course).

UPDATE (Tuesday, March 2nd): The Creative Director for Ganz' Interactive Division (Webkinz) has contacted Webkinz Insider to address this issue. Here is the official statement from the Creative Director, verbatim:

"We have reviewed the Pet of the Month code, and done internal testing, and we can’t find any issues with it. We have set up accounts, put all of the PotM items other than the Carousel on them, adopted a PotM and gotten the Carousel every time. At this time, we can’t count this as an open bug.

All we can do is remind people that you must have all of the PotM items on your account at the time of the adoption. If you’ve traded, mailed or sold aPotM item that you owned in the past, it doesn’t count towards your “collection”.

We’ll keep watching for this issue in our testing, but until it can be reproduced there isn’t much we can do.
"
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: WI Members Wonder About Status of POTM Glitch

Thanks for letting us know Fia that there is still a problem .I hope Ganz fixes this soon.
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

princessjuleia is a jewel in the roughprincessjuleia is a jewel in the rough

Do they take into accout all the POTM items on your account or only the ones you were awarded when you adopted a PTOM? I have several POTM items that I traded for. I love that new carousel and hope to get it when I adopt this months POTM!!!

Thanks WI for the good info!
princessjuleia is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
I made my avatar

woofywoo7 has a brilliant futurewoofywoo7 has a brilliant futurewoofywoo7 has a brilliant futurewoofywoo7 has a brilliant futurewoofywoo7 has a brilliant future

i don't have any potm does this mean i can adopt mine?????
woofywoo7 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
petitepal is on a distinguished road

I have adopted many pet of the months and have gotten duplicate items many times. I had to get the genie lamp in trade, never got it with my POM adoption!
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by princessjuleia
Do they take into accout all the POTM items on your account or only the ones you were awarded when you adopted a PTOM? I have several POTM items that I traded for. I love that new carousel and hope to get it when I adopt this months POTM!!!

Thanks WI for the good info!
Ganz has officially stated that the system looks at the items that are on your account at the time you adopt the pet. So, if you've traded items away, they don't count. If you've traded for new items and they're on your account, those DO count.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by woofywoo7
i don't have any potm does this mean i can adopt mine?????
If you don't have any POTM items on your account, this glitch can't affect you.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
petitepal is on a distinguished road

sorry Woofy do not understand your question
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #9
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

is their a glitch with the present?!!!!
i FINALLY found my himalayen code do HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well actually my mom found it......
lol hee hee
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by petitepal
I have adopted many pet of the months and have gotten duplicate items many times. I had to get the genie lamp in trade, never got it with my POM adoption!
Our reports indicated that this is a new glitch that started following Webkinz World's most recent site maintenance, about two weeks ago. If you were having POTM adoption issues before that, you should certainly contact Ganz to see what is going on with your account.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: