Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default WI Members Report Issues With Mazin' Hamster Feature

A new front page story has been added:

WI Members Report Issues With Mazin' Hamster Feature

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Now that our members have had some time to play with the new Mazin' Hamster feature and get a look at how it all works, we are getting reports of a few very specific problems that seem to be affecting all accounts. Since this is a brand new feature to Webkinz World, it is expected that there are going to be some "bumps" along the way. Hopefully the programmers at Ganz can use our feedback to work things out and make this part of Webkinz World even better.
  • Although the Webkinz Newz guide indicates that there is a Conveyor Belt Room that can be built and used in the hamster mazes, that room does not appear anywhere on the build screens.
  • Although there is an option to build the Space Coaster Room, all players who have built the room report that the room disappears after it has been used only once. If a second or third attempt is made at building the Space Coaster Room, the hamsters will go through the motions (and time) of building it, but the room never shows up.
  • While playing in the hamster feature, a message continually appears indicating that the player has been inactive and asking the player to choose whether or not he/she would like to stay logged in. The Webkinz World system doesn't seem to recognize using the hamster feature as being active.
  • It is possible to get logged out of Webkinz World, but remain logged in to the Mazin' Hamster feature. If this happens, the player will get a "cannot connect to server" message when exiting the Mazin' Hamster area. This seems to only be a problem if the player has won a trophy. In that case, all of the completed mazes remain checked off, but the trophy does not appear in the player's dock.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

Default Re: WI Members Report Issues With Mazin' Hamster Feature

Aw, I hope this gets fixed soon!
brtswim is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #3

lovepup+sherbet has a spectacular aura aboutlovepup+sherbet has a spectacular aura about

wow!!!!
i have a hamster and i hope it gets FIXED NOW!!!!!!!
lovepup+sherbet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

Hmm I had a few of those problems while I been playing on mazn hamster thing. I hope it gets fixed soon.
cupcake00497 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
kwgriffi is on a distinguished road

I went shopping this weekend and came across the hampsters. To be honest, I was not a bug fan so I passed on them. Sounds like they are still working out their systems.
kwgriffi is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

I also posted a thread that I can't even get into the feature. I have cleared everything. It happens all the time, then sometime I get in. All that will happen is a blue screen with one black box. I have attached a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpguntitled.JPG (61.2 KB, 1 views)
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

thanks for the info!
cheekyluver is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
I also posted a thread that I can't even get into the feature. I have cleared everything. It happens all the time, then sometime I get in. All that will happen is a blue screen with one black box. I have attached a picture.
What browser are you using? I've heard that the Hamsters don't like FireFox.

Also, if you download the Unity Plugin before you try to go to the Hamster feature, it really speeds things up your first time in. That could be an issue too.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #9

chowchow0987 is on a distinguished road

that's not cool, well everything new on computers has a bug or to, i mean, it's probably no big deal.
chowchow0987 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
loves

July wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonderJuly wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
View Post Originally Posted by FIA
What browser are you using? I've heard that the Hamsters don't like FireFox.

Also, if you download the Unity Plugin before you try to go to the Hamster feature, it really speeds things up your first time in. That could be an issue too.
I have this problem too - I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and have the problem on all three. I've gotten in to play three times I think - most of the time when I try to go to the hamster section I get that blue screen with the little black box and have to log out or close the browser window entirely; or a few times I've gotten to the initial hamster screen but then have been unable to select any of the options to play (and had to close out entirely there too). The laptop I usually play on has Vista on it - haven't tried on our mac yet or on another Windows OS to see if that has anything to do with it.
July is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: