Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #21
ebheads love
Webkinz :)

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Members Have Questions About Twitter

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
Ok, so if I have unlimited texting on my phone, I can send the tweets there, right? Will the "direct messages" like the ones Ganz used to send out the Pegasus codes also appear on my phone, or will I have to go to the website to see those? Any help appreciated!
I have unlimited texting too, but my phone guy (he is the only person I will buy phones from and has become a personal friend) said that it still costs money. It doesn't matter that you have unlimited. SOOOOOOOOO I would ask before you add it to your phone.

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
Webkinz on Twitter is very frustrating to me.
Just look:

GANZ- "Come join Twitter! We give out free prizes and information and sneak peaks! Look, we just awarded this new great pet!"
Twitter- "You need to be over 13 to be elegible for a Twitter account."
Webkinz World players (a site directed at kids)- "But most of us are under 13! How are we supposed to join Twitter and get prizes?"

Think about it, the majority of Webkinz players are under 13! So does it make sense for Ganz to try to encourage members to get Twitter accounts? No, it doesn't. It's almost like they are trying to make us break the Twitter rules...
I completly understand. I think Ganz is trying to stay up with everyone else, but kids can't join. I think they are tyring to get parents involved. Even the survey this week asks about parents.

Last edited by rollingfur; 03-16-2010 at 03:47 PM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #22
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I just got off the phone with Verizon, who is our cell phone carrier. The guy said (at least for Verizon customers) that incoming Twitter messages to your phone are text messages, so if you have unlimited texting there is no additional charge. I do not pay for internet through my phone, so I can't visit the Twitter website on it without being charged, but the messages themselves are considered texts. Just wanted to pass this along, since apparently it may vary depending on your cell phone provider. To make sure, I'd call your individual carrier to verify. Hope that helps someone!
MamaDragon3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #23
Luv Wacky POI

kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds
kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds

OMG I know computer since the old times of Dr DOS and the internet since the no graphic message boards. But in today's world you are lost with all the tweet-twitter-facebook-MySpace and others.....
oronline 24/7/365. so know you all make me check out twitter. LOL
kuhl123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Post Re: Webkinz Insider Members Have Questions About Twitter

Those queitoions were running through my mnid too!!But i ahd a lot more!!
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #25
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

Thanks for letting us know
lego is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #26
Gifted

Ferf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond repute

Just look:

GANZ- "Come join Twitter! We give out free prizes and information and sneak peaks! Look, we just awarded this new great pet!"
Webkinz World players (a site directed at kids)- "But most of us are under 13! How are we supposed to join Twitter and get prizes?"

Think about it, the majority of Webkinz players are under 13! So does it make sense for Ganz to try to encourage members to get Twitter accounts? No, it doesn't. It's almost like they are trying to make us break the Twitter rules...
I agree. I don't want to join Twitter because I don't like it. I'm sure there are great uses for it, but since Ganz has their own sites (WebkinzNewz anyone?) why can't they do a similar thing on their own site? I think it is ridiculous to join another site just to win items from Ganz. They've had contests on their own site before, this just seems silly.

I think Ganz is trying to be too trendy and forgetting that the focus group is children (most under 13). Yes parents play too, but that was not the original target audience (I'm guessing).

Very disappointing Ganz!!!
Ferf is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Thank you FIA...
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #28
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
Ok, I just got off the phone with Verizon, who is our cell phone carrier. The guy said (at least for Verizon customers) that incoming Twitter messages to your phone are text messages, so if you have unlimited texting there is no additional charge. I do not pay for internet through my phone, so I can't visit the Twitter website on it without being charged, but the messages themselves are considered texts. Just wanted to pass this along, since apparently it may vary depending on your cell phone provider. To make sure, I'd call your individual carrier to verify. Hope that helps someone!
Thank you for letting us know. I have Verizon and my guy told me that it isn't free. I will have to have him clarify.
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
bamamomto4
Gift Guru

tammy1072 has a reputation beyond reputetammy1072 has a reputation beyond reputetammy1072 has a reputation beyond reputetammy1072 has a reputation beyond reputetammy1072 has a reputation beyond reputetammy1072 has a reputation beyond repute

I have myspace and facebook but I wont sign up with twitter to *follow* GANZ!

They must get paid to have so many followers.
tammy1072 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #30

heart891011 knows the way
heart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the way

what if your not allowed on twitter(because I am not allowed because of my mom) and I think it is dangerous anyways so I will never get one I hate twitter

View Post Originally Posted by Ferf
I agree. I don't want to join Twitter because I don't like it. I'm sure there are great uses for it, but since Ganz has their own sites (WebkinzNewz anyone?) why can't they do a similar thing on their own site? I think it is ridiculous to join another site just to win items from Ganz. They've had contests on their own site before, this just seems silly.

I think Ganz is trying to be too trendy and forgetting that the focus group is children (most under 13). Yes parents play too, but that was not the original target audience (I'm guessing).

Very disappointing Ganz!!!
totally agreed

Just look:

yeah I'm just a kid this pet is not fair:cs::gr:
heart891011 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: