Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Webkinz Insider Members Have Questions About Twitter

A new front page story has been added:

Webkinz Insider Members Have Questions About Twitter

Click the image to open in full size.Following the announcement by Ganz on Twitter that they had awarded three Sparkling Pegasus pets to Webkinz fans, we have been getting a TON of questions here on Webkinz Insider about the new pet and about Twitter itself. Here are answers to the top three questions:
  • How do I sign up for a chance to win a Sparkling Pegasus? At this point, we don't have an answer for this question. Ganz announced that they had awarded three of these exclusive pets to "fans", but didn't specify if those fans were Twitter followers or Webkinz World players. Until we hear from one of the winners, or until Ganz makes an announcement, there isn't any way to know.
UPDATE: Thank you to Webkinz Insider member SnowCrystal for sharing the following direct message she received from Webkinz with us: "They were sent through Twitter direct messages. We'll give future ones out through Webkinz Newz contests, and maybe even KinzPost."
  • How do I sign up on Twitter? It's easy. You just need to go to http://twitter.com/ and create a profile. Just like with any other website, internet safety on Twitter can be a concern. Anyone who creates a Twitter profile should be very careful about posting personal information. Children should check with their parents before signing up for Twitter or any other social-networking site. If you are under the age of 13, you are NOT eligible to sign up for a Twitter account.
  • How can I send Ganz a message on Twitter? Once you've signed up for Twitter, go to your "home" page and type a message. The message must be no more than 140 characters and start with @webkinz. As long as you include @webkinz in the message, the employees who monitor the Webkinz Twitter account will be able see what you have to say. Remember, Twitter is a PUBLIC forum, so everyone on the internet can also read your message.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

()mega has disabled reputation

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Members Have Questions About Twitter

Good information to know, thanks. However I have more then 140 characters to voice my opinion about Ganz. heheh
()mega is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

Thank you for letting us all know. My question is how do you get notified that someone tweeted that you follow? I follow WI and Ganz, but I am never notified that they tweet anything. Clearly I am the best computer person around!
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
Thank you for letting us all know. My question is how do you get notified that someone tweeted that you follow? I follow WI and Ganz, but I am never notified that they tweet anything. Clearly I am the best computer person around!
Do you mean on your phone? If you want to have tweets sent to your phone you need to turn that option on. To have tweets sent to your phone, you must select that option on the "following" screen.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Do you mean on your phone? If you want to have tweets sent to your phone you need to turn that option on. To have tweets sent to your phone, you must select that option on the "following" screen.
I asked my phone dude and he said that it costs money to have it sent to the phone. Is there another way to get notices or do you have to go to twitter to see them? I just thought it would be like other places and they would email you.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I asked my phone dude and he said that it costs money to have it sent to the phone. Is there another way to get notices or do you have to go to twitter to see them? I just thought it would be like other places and they would email you.
You can pop up a web browser window and go to twitter.com and sign in. You can see everything from the web browser window (e.g. internet explorer, firefox).
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

I don't have them sent to my phone either. My plan doesn't include text messaging.

You can read the tweets from WIdotcom, Webkinz, and Ganz eStore right on WI's front page. They're on the bottom-right side of the screen.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #8
4myalika

4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't find the messaging thing can someone help me?

I can't find the messaging thing can someone help me find it?
4myalika5 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by 4myalika5
I can't find the messaging thing can someone help me?

I can't find the messaging thing can someone help me find it?
You mean to send a message to Ganz?

Just go to your "home" page on Twitter:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
ebheads love

Thank you everyone for the help. I always read what is on WI all over the front page. I was just hopeing there was a way to be notified of a tweet. Why can't life be simple? Also I wish I could access my phone with WW. I missed the rug last night because I was at dinner with friends. Why do they have to happen when I am not at home? WHY? I think I might have a problem!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: