Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #91
ishes she was a
Webkinz :)

webkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to beholdwebkinzmomof4 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 
Default Re: WI Members Discover All Eight Special Host Friendship Gifts

You can just type the names of the hosts into your phone. Just go and add a friend and for the spa lady that is Debbie Dragon. Type it in and then she is there instantly. Hope this helps you.
webkinzmomof4 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #92
Diabetes Awareness!

GreenGal17 is sweet stuff
GreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuffGreenGal17 is sweet stuff

It has been 24 hours. I sent each host 3 recipe foods- no replies

Just sent 8 letters and got 5 immediate responses!

In the five responses I got....:
- An "empty" (no package) leter from Debbie Dragon
- An empty letter from PJ Collie
- An "empty" letter from Amanda Panda
- A letter and Beach Background from Sheldon
- An empty letter from Arte

Last edited by GreenGal17; 06-25-2011 at 08:34 AM..
GreenGal17 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #93
Gift Guru

sz11401 is a WI addict!
sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!

I sent out letters and postcards and I haven't received any gifts except this one. But I did recieve both of the new badges.
Attached Images
File Type: pnghostletter1.png (96.0 KB, 12 views)
sz11401 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #94

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

I think the programming for this could use a little "tweaking". This morning I sent 8 small gifts on each of the three accounts in our family. On one account we got back 8 answers (!) but no gifts of any kind. On another account, 2 answers, no gifts. On the third account we received no answers whatsoever!

It's easy to understand this kind of randomness as an adult, but there are an awful lot of children on here who are going to go to the effort of sending 8 gifts and getting completely ignored. I don't particularly like the lesson that provides for them. I think that every single letter or gift you send should automatically receive a response and then within that frame they can randomize whether you also get a gift back and what kind of gift you get. There is no reason at all that I can see to randomize how MANY answers you receive. That teaches rudeness and it's not how I have raised my kids, that's for sure.

I don't care if I never receive a gift for any of my letters because "it's better to give than to receive". But I DO care if children (or adults for that matter) are learing it's ok for someone to receive a letter and not answer it. That's completely the wrong message.
Pengo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #95

kissylips84 is a jewel in the roughkissylips84 is a jewel in the rough

2 days ago i sent them all girfts on one account and letters on another.. Got back nothing. No letters or anything back yet! oh well, still fun i guess!!
kissylips84 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #96

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by kissylips84
2 days ago i sent them all girfts on one account and letters on another.. Got back nothing. No letters or anything back yet! oh well, still fun i guess!!
Have you received both of your badges yet? I think I read that you will only start seeing replies once you have sent enough to earn one of the Pen Pal or Best Friends badges - or perhaps both. In case that helps.
Pengo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #97

Star Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonderStar Child wows us all with wonder

I agree with Pengo. It is better to give than receive...BUT....to not receive even a "Thank-You!" when you send a gift, is really teaching our children (and, yes, adults, too!) the wrong message! I understand that this whole game is controlled by a computer and the results of "who gets what" is random. But Ganz SHOULD fix it that when a "friend" is sent a "gift", that "friend" should ALWAYS send a "Thank-You!" message. A "sent gift" that receives no "Thank-You!" is showing our children that it's "Okay" to be selfish and inconsiderate. Not to mention the amount of Kidz Cash that is being, dare I say, wasted. Today, on one account, I sent all 8 "friends" strawberries. That was 200 dollars in KC. I received only one letter in reply. No gift, but at least I did get a sort of "Thank-You". This new "game" or whatever you want to call it, could have been a wonderful teaching tool for everyone. We could all use a reminder that when you are sent or given a gift, it is always nice to receive a "Thank-You!" note or letter. It's common courtesy. So...I've got all the friends of all three of my accounts and already I'm seeing that it's too costly and not rewarding. Wonder what the point of this whole "game" is suppose to be? It seems it's really only fun for a few and not everyone. Just my opinion and thoughts here.

Star Child
Star Child is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #98
You wish you were a

wolfpackgrl15 will become famous soon enough

I got a diner waitress outfit today. I just sent PJ a note and she sent me a diner waitress outfit. It's adorable!

wolfpackgrl15 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #99

fluffy12161999 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmomof4
You can just type the names of the hosts into your phone. Just go and add a friend and for the spa lady that is Debbie Dragon. Type it in and then she is there instantly. Hope this helps you.
While this may work SOME of the time, it definitely does not work most of the time. I have tried twice on two different accounts to do this and both times, I received a message back that says "I'm sorry, but the person that you are trying to invite already has too many invitations. Please try again at a later time."

I sure wish it as as easy as you said. Also, I received the PenPal badge on the first account after sending a couple of notes. I was also "allowed" to send gifts too the same day. I received at least a response from 7 of 8 hosts. Later in the day I sent gifts on a second account but could not also send notes. I got no badge and no responses. I sent notes on the account the next day and still did not get the badge. I did get a couple of notes back.

I agree that the randomness of it all is quite ridiculous. If we get annoyed by this as adults, imagine how children feel about being "ignored" most of the time. Of course there are MANY more things like this already on Webkinz (things that are not child friendly IMO), but I shall not go on. This website is geared towards kids and should be consistently handled as such. But it seems it is only done, well, again, randomly.
fluffy12161999 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #100
las
cure leukemia

las is the cats pajamas!las is the cats pajamas!las is the cats pajamas!las is the cats pajamas!las is the cats pajamas!las is the cats pajamas!

i have only gotten a couple of letters back on one account, nothing on the others. it must be a random thing.
las is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: