Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 AM   #21
ChipperCherry5
Gift Trainee

ChipperCherry5 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: WI Members Develop Theory on Kinzville Academy Fashion Class Glitch

Wow what an evil little bow!
ChipperCherry5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #22
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Head Gear...always the head gear Remember when we got the Mummy wraps and we couldn't use them on certain pets, same with the helmets from Star Challenge...then there were the mysterious helmets with the mics in them....seems that Designers have a problem making the head gear work correctly, but who would have thought that it mess up the Academy...I think Ms. Cowoline may have to implement a dress code
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #23
Honoured to be a
Gift Guru

vcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to beholdvcs28 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Mrs. F
I've seen this pink bow on my model, and I've successfully finished a class after having seen it.
You are probably thinking of the little pink clippie that sits to the side of the head. They look very similar

Thanks FIA for posting the theory. At least it gives me a faint hope that the problem will be addressed!
vcs28 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #24
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Mrs. F
I've seen this pink bow on my model, and I've successfully finished a class after having seen it.
There are 3 different pink bows (pink bow worn on the front of the head, sparkly pink bow worn on the left side above the ear, and the pink hearts bow worn on the front of the head). You can see these bows in the W Shop; and if you click "preview" you can see a pet wearing the particular bow.

If you (or anyone else) can get a screenshot of the pink poodle wearing the pink hearts bow down the runway during the class, please post it on this thread. Thanks!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #25
arehouse 13 <3

Hedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonderHedgie wows us all with wonder

Hmm...that's odd. Does the bow only cause trouble on the higher levels? Because I'm sure I've gotten it before without hitches. I always seem to have the problems if I don't give a sufficient wait time between pressing the buttons at the beginning of the class (particularly the "Start Class" button right before the first model comes out).
Hedgie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #26
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Hedgie
Hmm...that's odd. Does the bow only cause trouble on the higher levels? Because I'm sure I've gotten it before without hitches. I always seem to have the problems if I don't give a sufficient wait time between pressing the buttons at the beginning of the class (particularly the "Start Class" button right before the first model comes out).
I don't believe the bow is in the programming for the lower levels. What level is your pet on?

We have been experimenting with the wait times and it doesn't seem to make a difference if the model doesn't want to come out. We have rushed through classes without waiting and have been successfull, we have waited a few seconds between each step, we have waited 10 second between each step, etc. There is no consistent "wait time" to make the models always come out successfully. (I always watch my computer performance monitor and make sure each step of the class loads before going on to the next step. If the model doesn't want to come out, she just doesn't come out.)

There are 3 different pink bows. I have multiple pets doing this class and have been doing this class with pets around a year or more now. I have seen the bow as one of the choices when you have to choose what the model was wearing, but I have never seen it worn by the pink poodle as she walks down the runway. I have mistaken the pink hearts bow for the sparkly pink bow.

Please be on the look out for the pink hearts bow and post a screenshot of it if you see it on the pink poodle as she walks down the runway. Thanks.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #27
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Hooray! My complaining made the front page!

Since we don't work at GANZ, we can't look into the process and find out the cause of it. It could be a lot of things, and it could be a combination of things (maybe whenever that bow AND another piece of clothing is selected this freezes up, although it happens too often so I don't think that's the problem).

My pet is approximately 25 days overdue from passing Level 10 Style because of this glitch. I first saw it on Level 7 and the further my pet goes the more often it happens. Just as SnowCrystal mentioned, I don't recall ever seeing it on a model after level 7. So if this bow is indeed causing the problem, we will never see it on an active model because when it gets chosen for the model the model won't come out and the class freezes.

Also, use Firefox and look at the activity label of the screen at the bottom left- it displays what's happening when you are in Webkinz World... and any time the Fashion freeze occurs, the labels presents, "waiting for www.webkinz.com" or "waiting for 66.12.34.56" (an IP address)... therefore GANZ's program is not returning expected data... meaning it is something they need to fix because the problem is occurring on their end...

If anyone DOES see it on an active model after Level 7, please take a screenshot of it....

The worst part is that now there's the Rally game that's based on your pet's standings in KA.... so we have to try to succeed at something that's broken to play another thing that's broken too.... and in all honestly, I have a pet that's maxed at Fashion, Strength, Agility, and Speed and whenever I play Rally there doesn't seem to be a big difference between him and any other pet...
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #28

Wink Re: WI Members Develop Theory on Kinzville Academy Fashion Class Glitch

i have ben geting froze up also so if you could please fix it
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #29

chaz has a spectacular aura about

I have a theory that has worked most of the time. After all the check marks are in place, count to 5 slowly before hitting the button to continue. I find that if you quickly click right after the last check mark/X is in place, the pet does not come out in the next outfit and I have to leave the game and lose the turn. I also count to 5 before clicking OK and before exiting. I have had very few failures with this system and have only a few more to go before I complete my 10th level. Hope this helps.
chaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
Unregistered

i am on the 10 th level and it froze on me why?

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: