Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.55 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #351
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Default Re: WI Introduces "Insider Insider" Premium Subscriptions and Donations!

View Post Originally Posted by Hmm
That was what I thought too.

Everyone...

I am finally seeing the forum without ads. My e-check went through! Awesome! I cannot believe how much faster these pages load. And even more importantly... I don't have to mute my computer to be on WI anymore. No more annoying "You have just won a free Nintendo Wii" lady shouting from my speakers! And there was much rejoicing.

I've been debating about whether I want to show my WI Insider Insider badge. On the one hand, I think it is good for those of us who support this forum to show publicly that we do so, because it might encourage others to donate. On the other hand... I don't want those who cannot donate to feel left out.

This is kind of a conundrum for me. Opinions, anyone?

Hmm
What a wise and introspective question!
Here's what I think: Remember the saying "With great power comes great responsibility" , obviously we don't wield anymore power that other members however the badge may be seen in a regarded light, so I think if you're going to display the badge, show off what great people we have on WI and be a WI ambassador of sorts...I think this will encourage others to seek out these members if they questions and help to feel like they are part of a wonderful community. It gives newer members something to look forward to and younger members who have been here a long while a way to feel valued too, once they can use their WI-bucks to purchase subscriptions.
MAMA5517 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #352
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Default Re: WI Introduces "Insider Insider" Premium Subscriptions and Donations!

***All that being said --- if you have a question, concern, or problem..please contact one of the administrators on the forum---because my advice does not represent the view of WI or any of it's affiliates!***
MAMA5517 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #353
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by MAMA5517
What a wise and introspective question!
Here's what I think: Remember the saying "With great power comes great responsibility" , obviously we don't wield anymore power that other members however the badge may be seen in a regarded light, so I think if you're going to display the badge, show off what great people we have on WI and be a WI ambassador of sorts...I think this will encourage others to seek out these members if they questions and help to feel like they are part of a wonderful community. It gives newer members something to look forward to and younger members who have been here a long while a way to feel valued too, once they can use their WI-bucks to purchase subscriptions.
I try to be a WI ambassador, and for the most part, I think I do a good job. I'll be happier when kids can buy their badges with WI bucks, though.

Evil thought:

Maybe I should remove my badge on days when I am feeling snarky.

Muahahahaha!

The evil Hmm dons black cape, and exits stage left.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #354
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

I'm leaving mine. I considered taking it off and changed my mind.
Jennielou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #355
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
I'm leaving mine. I considered taking it off and changed my mind.
I think that I will keep mine on, in support of Justin. If it encourages a few more members to join, that would be great.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #356
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I think that I will keep mine on, in support of Justin. If it encourages a few more members to join, that would be great.

Hmm
That's why I've left mine on - more as an "I appreciate and support Justin and Wendy" sort of thing - the negative response of a few folk on WI to the optional subscription really surprised me.

Other similar websites only ask about $10 for a subscription *but* the subscription is not optional - I love how WI made them optional so that kids and those who prefer not can still fully access the site.
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #357
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Thanks so much for the reply!
Wow Kayembee - you got all the badges!
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #358
ow! I'm
Gifted

sajcwebin has a spectacular aura about

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
That would be amazingly easy, wouldn't it? I don't know why I never thought of that... Instead, I used two completely separate systems that probably would never integrate... Good thinking, J!

ROFL!! I had the same thought about the cart. I was waiting a few days to see if that became a buying option. But hey, it's the simple things that don't occur to us sometimes Justin. Happens to all of us. I was also waiting to see if the system seemed to be operating smoothly for you. I'll be signing up (yearly) by the end of the week.
sajcwebin is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #359
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Wow Kayembee - you got all the badges!
Can ya tell I've been here for a while?
kayembee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #360
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

That was what I thought too.

Everyone...

I am finally seeing the forum without ads. My e-check went through! Awesome! I cannot believe how much faster these pages load. And even more importantly... I don't have to mute my computer to be on WI anymore. No more annoying "You have just won a free Nintendo Wii" lady shouting from my speakers! And there was much rejoicing.

I've been debating about whether I want to show my WI Insider Insider badge. On the one hand, I think it is good for those of us who support this forum to show publicly that we do so, because it might encourage others to donate. On the other hand... I don't want those who cannot donate to feel left out.

This is kind of a conundrum for me. Opinions, anyone?

Hmm
I've been in a bit of a quandary myself about this one. For now I am proud to be a supporter and I'm proud to show it. I may turn it off some day, but for now I like to show that I appreciate the site and while I'm not trying to show up anyone who can't donate right now, I'm hoping that others see that I am willing to pitch in a little for those who can't so that everyone can keep enjoying it here

Some people have spinnys, or rainbows and I'm in awe of their accomplishments. This is my little accomplishment for now, so I am choosing to show it for the time being
kayembee is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: