Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #441
Diabetes Awareness
Lil Kinz
dinosaur10001 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Diabetes Awareness Contest!

I support Diabetes awareness!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #442
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Click the image to open in full size.

I support Diabetes Awareness. As with most of the other members of WI, Diabetes has touched my life on a personal level. My father, is a diabetic. He has been for 20 years or better. And for a very long time he never took care of his diabetes. My father treated it as if he didn't have it, he ate and drank the most sugary things (which is a no-no for diabetics) and never EVER checked his sugar. He never took care of his diabetes and it ultimately cost him. 3 years ago, my father developed a blister on his foot. Like his diabetes he ignored the blister. The blister grew more and more infected until he finally went to the doctor. The doctor said it needed to have surgery on it, so he sent him to a special orthopedic surgeon who scheduled him for surgery the following week. During that time, my father grew very ill. He had a constant fever and had chills so bad he'd sit on the sofa with his teeth chattering he was so cold.

One day his fever went to 104 so we quickly rushed him to the hospital. My father was in the hospital for one month. When he was admitted they preformed surgery on his foot to find out that gangrene (which is the death of tissue in one part of the body) had set in on his foot. The surgeon preformed surgery after surgery in attempts to save my father's foot. However, their efforts didn't work and they ended up having to amputate my father's right foot. All of this because he ignored his diabetes. While in the hospital he was diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy (which is nerve damage due to diabetes and involves poor circulation in the legs) and eye problems from diabetes. My father went through physical rehab to learn to live with one foot, and how to deal with it.

Since then, my father has watched his diabetes. He has eaten everything he should eat, and nothing he should not. He checks his sugar every morning before breakfast, and eats the same time every day. He never had to take any insulin shots since leaving the hospital, and was able to control his diabetes.

However, his battle wasn't over. About two weeks ago, my father was admitted back in the hospital. Gangrene had set in once again. And again, my father wasn't so lucky.They had to amputate his left foot. After he watched what he ate for 3 years and did everything he was suppose to. He still lost his other foot.

Currently, my father is in physical rehab again. This time, he has to make major changes so he can learn to walk without either foot. However, my father is determined. He is determined to walk on two prostheses. He says he's going to do it. He refuses to be in a wheel chair forever. He is going to walk.

I shared this story with you to share how diabetes has personally touched my life. And what diabetics go through. A lot of people have no idea, and assume that diabetes is just a disease that people live with and check their sugar. No problem. But its a lot more then that. I know those were my thoughts before my dad was in the hospital. I wish I would have been more aware beforehand.

Thank you WI for hosting such a great contest and supporting Diabetes Awareness.
Together let's find a cure and spread the word!
I support!

Last edited by Blythe; 11-19-2011 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Grammar Errors
Blythe is offline Female
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #443
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted

iluv3cats is an unknown quantity at this point

I support Diabetes Awareness! May this contest help spread awareness about a disease that has so drastically affected peoples lives.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #444
The Beatles
Gifted

Zooz is sweet stuff
Zooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuffZooz is sweet stuff

Some diabetics need to inject a hormone called insulin to control the glucose (sugar) level in their blood. This is because their pancreas (an organ located near your stomach) stops producing enough insulin of its own. Did you know that when a child is diagnosed with diabetes, their pancreas is often either removed or destroyed? This is because it may continue to sporadicaly secrete insulin, which makes it very difficult to control the diabetes on a daily basis.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #445
bee wacky!
Gifted

beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness
beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness

To arm yourself with information about diabetes is to allow yourself help others understand what diabetes is and what they can do the help others understand. It can also help people to spot in themselves and loved ones. Way to go WI!

Last edited by beekay; 11-19-2011 at 09:52 PM..
beekay is offline Female
Old 11-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #446
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

Hawaii is on a distinguished road

My grandpa and my a few of my uncles all have diabetes. I will spread the word of diabetes awareness.
Hawaii is offline Female
Old 11-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #447
Diabetes Awareness
Lil Kinz
Puppycujo is on a distinguished road

Spreading diabetes awareness can cause a major change. Doing just one small thing such as spreading the awareness to several friends and family can cause a change reaction, and soon there will be a lot of people who know and want to help the cause.
Puppycujo is offline Female
Old 11-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #448
Diabetes Awareness
Lil Kinz

lnm92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Diabetics can do anything a non diabetic can do.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #449
Diabetes Awareness

i<3spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdi<3spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdi<3spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdi<3spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

I support diabetes, because almost everybody in my family has it and tons more people have it. Diabetes is spreading everywhere and is no laughing matter. So, I am a supporter of Diabetes! <3
i<3spaghetti is offline Female
Old 11-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #450

popcorngood hit the reputation jackpot!popcorngood hit the reputation jackpot!
popcorngood hit the reputation jackpot!

I will spread the awareness of Diabetes Awareness!
popcorngood is offline Female
Closed

Tags
animalsrock!34 wuz here, diabetes awareness, diabetes awareness (:, galfam was here, i'm aware!, purpleowls wuz here!, s e c r e t n i n j a, ~*jennymang*~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: