Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #171
Webkinz :)

cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!cheerio16 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Webkinz Insider Diabetes Awareness Contest!

a few years ago, my best friend suffered through diabetes. she still goes on through this struggle...but she's getting better. diabetes awareness is very important to me. my grandpa also has diabetes and he's 73. if he gets even one small cold, he could die because of his sugars being so high or low. he takes atleast 7 medications a day, for 7 days a week to keep up with his sugars,

i support diabetes awareness completely!
cheerio16 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #172

doglove101 will become famous soon enough

i'll try my hardest to spread the news about diabetes
doglove101 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #173
Diabetes Awareness

SammyS is an unknown quantity at this point

I lost a friend to diabetes when she was only 27 years old, and know others who have been battling this insidious disease for 45 to 50 years. Please pray for a cure!
SammyS is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #174
Diabetes Awareness
Lil Kinz

superlegoboy is on a distinguished road

Lets be aware about diabetes!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #175

iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!iceprincess3333 is the cats pajamas!

I have a friend that has diabeties. She goes to school with me and is going along with it very well. Please help find a cure!
iceprincess3333 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #176
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

Diabetes awareness is important. Especially as we come into the holiday season. Not everyone likes to talk about their health and there are lots of tempting treats that are especially bad for those with pancreas issues.

Did you know the pancreas not only produces insulin to reduce blood sugar, it also produces glucagon wich increases blood sugar and somatostatin which regulates the blood sugar by how much or little of the insulin and glucagon is produced. It also secretes digestive enzymes to help break down proteins and fats to usable bits.

When something gets messed up with the pancreas - and diabetes is most common - it can get very hard to regulate and control what you eat to be healthy. Think about it, a diabetic is trying through diet and monitoring blood sugar and shots to do the pancreas' job. It is not easy! So please, if someone politly declines some food item - let them. If the holiday dinner gets delayed but they state they need to eat something, be understanding and help them get what is needed. They might have issues they don't want to talk about and it is hard enough to resist the goodies without being pressured socially.

Great contest to help spread the word!

I support Diabetes Awareness!
FBmom is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #177
Gift Guru

dogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the rep
dogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the repdogkat13 invented the rep

Let's all be aware about Diabetes! I feel horrible for people who have diabetes, they are missing out on certain foods -- especially sugar! So let's spread the word about diabetes awareness!
dogkat13 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #178
Diabetes Awareness
Lil Kinz
Draco890 is on a distinguished road

I support diabetes awareness in support of family, friends and all who are diagnosed or know one who is diagnosed throughout the world.
Draco890 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #179
HAPPY DAYS

mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness
mommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicnessmommysbabe19 is epic beyond epicness

HELP STAMP OUT DIABETES FOR ALL THE WORLD!!! This disease affects children AND adults. A lot of controlling diabetes can be done with proper education about the disease and controlling our eating habits.

Diabetes runs in my family so we are acutely aware of what can happen. That doesn't mean we always eat right but we are trying to adopt better eating habits.

I love awareness programs such as this with Webkinz Insider. When these things are taught to us as children they remain with us when we become adults.

Thanks for all you do!!! Please keep up the good work!!!
mommysbabe19 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #180
drslk

SandraK0426 has a spectacular aura about

Diabetes Statistics
25.8 million adults and children in the United States have diabetes. Another 79 million people are “pre-diabetic” – meaning that if they don’t change their diet, lose weight and start exercising, chances are they will become diabetic. One in every 400 children and adolescents has diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Heart disease and stroke: Adults with diabetes have heart disease death rates about 2 to 4 times higher than adults without diabetes. The risk for stroke is 2 to 4 times higher among people with diabetes.
High blood pressure: 67% of adults aged 20 years or older with diabetes had high blood pressure and most were on prescription medication to control their hypertension
Blindness: Diabetes is the leading cause of new cases of blindness among adults aged 20–74 years.
Kidney disease:Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, accounting for 44% of new cases in 2008. Also in 2008: a total of 202,290 people with end-stage kidney disease due to diabetes were living on chronic dialysis or with a kidney transplant in the United States.
Nervous system disease (Neuropathy):About 60% to 70% of people with diabetes have mild to severe forms of nervous system damage. Neuropathy is extremely painful and it is very difficult to treat neuropathic pain.
Amputation:More than 60% of non-traumatic lower-limb amputations occur in people with diabetes.
Death: Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States. Overall, the risk for death among people with diabetes is about twice that of people of similar age but without diabetes.
Diabetes in Children: Due to significant increases in obesity (due to poor nutrition, “Super-Sizing”, ridiculous consumption of junk foods and fast foods, and little or no exercise, our children are developing Type 2 Diabetes (previously known as “Adult-Onset Diabetes”). Recent studies showed that lifestyle intervention to lose weight and increase physical activity reduced the development of Type 2 Diabetes in children by 58% during a 3-year period.

Prevention: Diet, insulin, and oral medication to lower blood glucose levels are the foundation of diabetes treatment and management. Patient education and self-care practices are also important aspects of disease management that help people with diabetes lead normal lives.

Diabetes does not just go away - it must be treated and monitored carefully or you will end up with the complications described above.

If you or your child are overweight (by more than 10 pounds), please have your doctor do simple texts to check your blood glucose levels and hemoglobin A1C (a measure of your blood glucose levels over the last three months). By finding out now if you are diabetic, you can learn how to prevent blindness, amputation, neuropathic pain, and much more. If you are pre-diabetic, you have the chance to change your lifestyle NOW and avoid the devastating complications of diabetes.
SandraK0426 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
animalsrock!34 wuz here, diabetes awareness, diabetes awareness (:, galfam was here, i'm aware!, purpleowls wuz here!, s e c r e t n i n j a, ~*jennymang*~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: