Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow Webkinz Humor: Mardi Gras and Lent Come to Webkinz World!

Written by larkrose

Today was Mardi Gras, the final day of Carnival. Even though WebkinzWorld doesn’t have an official celebration, many Webkinz enjoyed theholiday.

“It’snot easy,” Patrice the pink pony admitted, “but the key is to becreative. My krewe made my float by strapping a bunch of ‘Dogbeard’sbest side tables’ to skateboards. Instead of beads and doubloons, Ithrew out charm candy and bunny clowns.”

Crowds along the paraderoute dressed in costume. Few things are more entertaining than seeinga frog dressed up as a lion, except maybe a google dressed as anelephant. As expected, lots of chipmunks and bees turned out, but therewere plenty of Kinzstyle outfits, too, especially angels, ballerinas,pumpkins, and witches.

Kinzstyle was also on the mind of a ducknamed Quackers. She couldn’t decide whether to wear a glittering silverdress or rose party dress to Persephone’s Mardi Gras ball. “It’s alwaysnerve-wracking to decide what to wear,” she admitted, “especially whenPersephone herself will be there. And I hear Chef Gazpacho is thecaterer, so we know the food will be good.”

Enjoy those treats while you can. For many people (and webkinz,) theday after Mardi Gras is the start of Lent. For 40 days, they will giveup a particular vice. (Yes, it's stressful, but spending time gazing atyour rock garden, may help.)

Here’s WI’s top ten list of things to give up for Lent:
  1. Snacking between meals, unless it’s garden goodies. (The jury’sstill out on whether “home-grown donuts” count, but we have unconfirmedreports that Plumpy E. Hippo says they do.)
  2. Surveys. (Ok, we don't have a choice on that one.)
  3. Bad fairies, sap glop, and slag. (We'd recommend giving up fairy t-shirts, too, but what would be left to find?)
  4. Cola. ("Dr Quack says it's bad for my teeth," says Booger of 'Booger Gets an A' fame.)
  5. Bingoz coupons. (Need we say more?)
  6. "Have You Seen Me" threads and polls on WI. (The mods just delete them anyway.)
  7. Dunking the Zingoz. (Is 10 kc worth tormenting those little folks over?)
  8. Tipping Arte. (Hey, you can find out what and when the rare of the day is just by logging on WI!)
  9. Hairballs (That's what happens when you ask a lion.)
  10. Glitches! (We think Ganz should opt for that one.)
[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Oh my! I'm so
Gifted

Jess486 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Webkinz Humor: Mardi Gras and Lent Come to Webkinz World!

hehehe thanks for the laugh, Justin!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Lazyboy0337
Gift Guru

Lazyboy0337 has a spectacular aura about

lol! look at #2 on the lent list!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Dumboroxzmysox

kewl........2 post!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
R U smarter than
Gift Guru

$weet$tuff has a spectacular aura about$weet$tuff has a spectacular aura about

thanks f 4 the laughs!
$weet$tuff is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
wishingg on a starr
Gifted

robin leigh is a jewel in the roughrobin leigh is a jewel in the rough

Whooo! 5th reply!
robin leigh is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #7
No day but today
Gift Guru

Alcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guideAlcnor is a golden guide

LOL, Justin. Yeah, I'm Catholic, but not hard-core.....hmmm.....

" I vow I will give up my allowance for a week for Operation Rice Bowl..... but I am not liable for my will breaking, smashing my savings piggy and going to buy a new webkinz"
Alcnor is offline Female
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #8
Glad to be
shakesister will become famous soon enough

Awesome story! Thanks so much for posting it!

We actually live in Mardi Gras World (South Louisiana), so we have been submerged in king cakes, beads, and general mayhem & merriment for the past month or so (short carnival season this year...oh, well).

Reading your WW version of Fat Tuesday had me rolling!

Our tiger, Geaux, is a recent graduate of LSU. He and his bff went to the New Orleans' Zulu parade today and caught a coconut! But Stripes (our psycho leopard) ate it in the car on the way home

The only thing Geaux had to remember the parade by was his Bunny Clown, a nasty case of indigestion from a hurricane drink and a Lucky Dog, and a horrendous memory of being mooned from a balcony.

He told me that he is going to attend the WW parade next year, and forego the Big Easy. He's just not as young and reckless as he used to be in his college days. Laissez les bon temps roulez, y'all Thanks so, so, so much for sharing!!!
shakesister is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
Glad to be
shakesister will become famous soon enough

Sorry about double-posting, but Geaux was growling at me cause I forgot to post the pic

Last edited by shakesister; 03-17-2008 at 08:53 AM..
shakesister is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #10
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

thanks for another amusing thread. since i just got up and wkw is down for maintenance i came here to get a lift and this did the trick. thanks.
miss spots is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: