Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #71
Webkinz :)

Kaleb has a spectacular aura aboutKaleb has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Game Cards Now Available at GameStop

I just got 4!!!! I got an aries ram, and a blue lamb. anyone know when the sugar glider is going to be in? I am saving for the Sugar Glider for sure! I got them all at gamestop, the game cards!
Kaleb is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #72
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, EB/Gamestop phoned me personally from thier head office! Yaaaaay!

The man on the phone said none of thier stores are carrying them here in Canada and he can't even find them on any future listing for thier stores either. Boo!

Thier stores are not set up to sell prepaid gift cards of any sort for different places which is why they can't. All of thier American stores are however set up for this so there is a good chance anyone can walk into one of the Gamestops in the US and find the Webkinz Game Cards cards.

However, after seeing Webkinzinsider and www.webkinz.com which I directed them too through email they are now seriously considering it seeing as thier is a demand for it. Many of them had never even seen a Webkinz or knew what it was until they were sent an email.

However they are now researching it and learning about them as we speak because we have been asking for them. That's progress!

Well, at least there is always Ebay.ca and the Flea Market that I can try. If we all avoided shopping at the big box stores and started shopping at small businesses instead or even the flea market maybe Ganz would appreciate us a little more.

If you can, even use the Ameriwade online store instead of going to the big stores. As far as I can tell they are not associated with any of the big stores that Ganz caters too and are independent. Not only that it gives smaller stores more 'points' to work with so they can guarantee access to the same stuff the big stores get access to.

Just in case people don't understand why EB here in Canada can't carry them without a little more info here's how it works.

The card is inactive while it is on the rack or display, just like the racks of gift cards you see in other stores. When you buy the card the card is activated on the POS system (point of sale). This helps prevent theft of any cards as they are useless before they are sold.

In order to change the POS systems here in Canada just to sell the cards would be a very very expensive and costly proposition. So you see where there is a problem? Not too many places can even sell the cards because they have no way to 'turn them on' for you before you use them.

Thanks Ganz, knew I could count on you to disappoint once again.

Last edited by RalGash; 04-13-2011 at 02:03 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #73
Lavarocks1212

2quinn2 is a name known to all2quinn2 is a name known to all2quinn2 is a name known to all

Yay! i don't have a F.Y.E. around here, but i do have a gamestop.

Yay more stuff to buy!
2quinn2
2quinn2 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #74
Unregistered

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
Thanks for the info!
thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #75
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

I have never seen this being sold at the FYE Store advertised.
extravaGANZa is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #76
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
dawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Famedawnscott1 has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

View Post Originally Posted by extravaGANZa
I have never seen this being sold at the FYE Store advertised.
It really depends on where you are. Like my area had the cards for about a month but then FYE decided that they weren't going to sell Webkinz anymore. So our store was one of the first to get rid of them all. They shipped them to larger city stores that were going out of business to sell them on clearance.
It wasn't too long after they started selling them that they had to close multiple stores in this economy and they decided to go different directions with some of their items.
I have talked to 3 different stores managers and they all said the company as a whole decided to not sell Webkinz anymore - and I think that is why GameStop picked it up.
I have seen the cards in GameStop, but that might be the reason you haven't seen them in FYE, they are not going to place new orders so even if they do have Webkinz there in the store most are on 75% clearance to get rid of them and no new orders have been placed at least in my area in over 5 or 6 months
dawnscott1 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #77
ebkinz. EX-cellent!

serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent
serendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talentserendipitydoda is an unparalleled talent

Gamestop is a good place for them to sell those cards. There's a lot of them around. One thing is that the Gamestops that I've been to only carry the $10 card. Haven't been to any that have the $20 one. Oh well, I'm happy that at least they have them at all.

But really, they need to pick out at LEAST one or two other chain stores that have a good number of outlets. There's barely any FYE's left. They need to have them at a place LIKE Target or Wal-Mart (Best Buy?). I'll even go as far as to say consider pharmacy store chains like Walgreens, CVS or Rite Aid.

I do hope that they're more consistent about sending those cards to the stores than they are the actual Webkinz. Couple weeks back, was calling around looking for the Twilight Dragon for a nephew who likes stuff like dinos and dragons. Finally found one at Justice. But, in my checking, was informed that one of only two stores in Alameda that I've found sells Webkinz plushies and 90% of the Hallmarks in NorCal Bay Area both said their shipments were getting SO sporadic and not up to date that they're in the stage of CONSIDERING not ordering them in any more. <sigh>
serendipitydoda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #78

moonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guidemoonbeam7737 is a golden guide

Went online today to see who still carries the came cards because the Toys R Us near here doesn't carry them any more. The Ganz site listed GameStop as a carrier. Coolness there is a GameStop a few miles from my home.

Went there today and never going back. The employees didn't know what I was talking about. When we turned around to look at the rack of game cards the guy said to the female that she couldn't laugh at us. When we saw they didn't have anything else we wanted and left, we turned and looked in the window and they were both laughing

No game card is worth the way we felt.
moonbeam7737 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #79
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Talking Re: Webkinz Game Cards Now Available at GameStop

Yes thank you I saw them only a mile from my house & they make great gifts too
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #80

InsanityEscape knows the way
InsanityEscape knows the wayInsanityEscape knows the wayInsanityEscape knows the way

I get them at Walgreens. I used to order them online at Target but they stopped carrying them. XP
InsanityEscape is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
game cards-gamestop, yomcnugget

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: