Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

marganta has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by JulieBear01
They should give you memberships and free stuff based upon how many pets you have.
They already do that, exclusive items that you receive with each new adoption. I personally don't think they should give special rewards to members with more pets, more than they already do. I think it's too hard to get exclusive items as it is, and it exacerbates the dichotomy between the haves and have nots. I'm a grownup with a job (knock on wood) but I don't have alot of extra money. I really don't understand how people can afford all the webkinz things they have, like 100s of pets and clothes and e-store items, trading card items, etc. And it is really stressful in the trading rooms when people have no interest in what I have for trade, because my items aren't "special" enough. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of nice people on WW and WI, but most of them have, and will always have, lots more stuff than I do.
marganta is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #82
princesspink1102
CatiesMom31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone's estore changed yet? Mine is still showing stuff for Sunday and nothing for Wed yet. Not even the deluxe membership stuff.
CatiesMom31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #83
HuskinsdadE
Gifted

cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds
cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds

Donation Award 

I have to say I am both intrigued and sceptical.

It is another way for Ganz to make money (our choice to buy or not). It may offer exciting features, and the points may be worthwhile. My concern has been repeated above: will this impact WW as we know it? Will it restrict access to those who choose not to buy the membership?

It is early yet and we still need to find out the details. Can't wait for the e-store to be completed!

* My question: on the family membership, it states that the points go to the main joining account. Will each of the 5 get a monthly gift?

What are your thoughts?
cnetski is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #84
babyleebo is finally
Gift Guru

DebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

How do you purchase it? I have looked all over the website and the estore and I can't find it.
DebbieFaye is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #85
Unregistered

I think that, given the fact that I haven't been able to find a place to purchase the membership, it's an April Fool's Day joke.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #86
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by cnetski
* My question: on the family membership, it states that the points go to the main joining account. Will each of the 5 get a monthly gift?

What are your thoughts?
The implication is yes. They specify that only ONE account gets the e-store points (which makes sense, as these will appear to be akin to money, spendable at the e-store just like cash) but do NOT specify that for virtual items (like the monthly gift) other than the one-time gift (the hat).
kaykohugs is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #87
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by marganta
They already do that, exclusive items that you receive with each new adoption. I personally don't think they should give special rewards to members with more pets, more than they already do. I think it's too hard to get exclusive items as it is, and it exacerbates the dichotomy between the haves and have nots. I'm a grownup with a job (knock on wood) but I don't have alot of extra money. I really don't understand how people can afford all the webkinz things they have, like 100s of pets and clothes and e-store items, trading card items, etc. And it is really stressful in the trading rooms when people have no interest in what I have for trade, because my items aren't "special" enough. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of nice people on WW and WI, but most of them have, and will always have, lots more stuff than I do.
I understand where you are coming from but maybe there should be something else besides a super bed. I don't have money to buy all this stuff. I go to college, my husband laid off and i have 2 kids. My husband doesn't like me to spend money on webkinz. My kids have 9 and 10 pets each we bought some charms in the estore for the kids and they have 1 figurine each.I think they need to slow down with some stuff. And yes I know members with hundreds. But I just don't think the membership is the way to go. I will never have that much money. Unless I want a divorce. LOL
JulieBear01 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #88
eigram
Gift Trainee

Eigram has a spectacular aura aboutEigram has a spectacular aura about

I think that as long as my grandkids are into Webkinz, I'll buy the Deluxe Membership for the whole family. It is a fun thing that we have in common and we have a lot of fun together. I'd rather have them on Webkinz than MySpace!

Last edited by Eigram; 04-01-2009 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: didn't change it -- changed my mind instead!
Eigram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #89
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by JulieBear01
I understand where you are coming from but maybe there should be something else besides a super bed. I don't have money to buy all this stuff. I go to college, my husband laid off and i have 2 kids. My husband doesn't like me to spend money on webkinz. My kids have 9 and 10 pets each we bought some charms in the estore for the kids and they have 1 figurine each.I think they need to slow down with some stuff. And yes I know members with hundreds. But I just don't think the membership is the way to go. I will never have that much money. Unless I want a divorce. LOL
I'm in a fairly similar boat. My wife recently got laid off. But she and my daughter love their webkinz accounts. All three of us have, with them having considerably more pets than I. But it comes down to spending the money you feel comfortable spending and not being obligated to. My wife is already drooling over the trees, so she'll probably get a caring valley pet ASAP. My daughter loves the forest so I'll look for the Zips for her to get to Zumwhere. But we won't necessarily need to get BOTh purchases for BOTH of them. Not every account needs to purchase everyhing Ganz puts out there to get the best experience for the individual player. On the other hand, if you want to play/experience/collect more, then, yes, naturally, that will cost more.
kaykohugs is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #90
siroscar

siroscar is a jewel in the roughsiroscar is a jewel in the rough

WI Subscriber

This looks interesting but I am still a bit confused. Does anyone know if this is all virtual boxes, clothes etc...?? It's not real clear to me.??????
siroscar is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: