Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #21
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 
Default Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by KLDKinzMom
I already posted on a different thread about this but I will post here as well. I would probably be more receptive to this if there weren't SO many glitches on the website to begin with. What's the guarantee that these new features are even going to work? I don't know how many POTM's we've bought only to not receive our gift boxes and then to be told for a while there that they are sorry but they can't help us since we've had problems before and now they are going to add another gift box feature? Are they going to let the rest of the website go and only focus on the "gold" membership areas? Will we have to "wait in line" to sign in if we are not a gold member?

As I said, I wouldn't have too much issue with this if the current website was working properly. I've failed many KVA classes due to their glitches, lost items that weren't replaced, didn't receive items that were promised.... Is the GOLD membership going to alleviate all this or just create a new area of frustration?

I also agree with the person who said they have over 300 webbies on one account. Isn't that deluxe membership? We are in the same boat.

I also don't like that the only way to get the exclusive item is to sign up one account for a year. Why not make the family account a little more and give each account that exclusive?

i can totally feel your pain and frustration. i. luckily, didn't have the potm issues..... but i haven't adopted a potm in the last 3 times. i would hope that the deluxe membership doesn't make a regular account have less importance.... i think the deluxe membership only comes into play once you are in the site.. such as giving you a different area to go to when you go to the clubhouse. so i don't think waiting in line to get into the site is an issue.

i do agree with the e-store item being available to the single account, but not to the family plan. i think that should be a touch more and add the e-store item.
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 AM   #22
lpndutcher
Webkinz :)

lpndutcher has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
i think the deluxe membership is separate from the actual adopting of plushies. the deluxe is for a month or year. yet if you adopt a webbie, you actual account extends a year from the date of adoption. so the deluxe membership will run out before your account expires.
Thanx for answering!

So basically what you are saying is to maintain a webkinz account you have to buy a plushie yearly, and the deluxe membership is just an optional addition to that. Hmmm...not too sure about all of this...am hoping the April Fools is a possibility, lol.

Thanx again!
lpndutcher is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #23
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by lpndutcher
Thanx for answering!

So basically what you are saying is to maintain a webkinz account you have to buy a plushie yearly, and the deluxe membership is just an optional addition to that. Hmmm...not too sure about all of this...am hoping the April Fools is a possibility, lol.

Thanx again!
yes it would seem this way. if you choose not ot buy the deluxe in any way, shape or form, your account would still go on as usual with the year expiration date.

then the deluxe membership would have it's own expiration date.
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #24
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Aw man. I wish they'd just left it the same. It's already enough money for buying the webkinz pet. I hope everything for 'non-deluxe-members' just stays the same. anyone with me?
kittycats10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #25
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

All I can say is... Noooooooooooooo! I thought webkinz was the site where you got the membership with buying a plushie! I am scared it will turn out like club penguin, the non-members get to do nothing! I am curently begging to get it, which is like a 50\50.i am outraged to hear the webkinz turned over to the dark side! I have exactly 100 webkinz, and i am STILL not getting the full experience.? I think ganz has gone money crazy! Oh, I also bid good luck to all the WIers that need to find jobs.

View Post Originally Posted by peggios
It doesn't tell you where to go to buy a membership??? Will this be in the e-store? I can't even log on yet, how about any of you? I would be willing to try 1 month and see how it works. I've spent $5 on dumber stuff!!!

Same with you, I'm going to try 1 month to see how good it is.

Last edited by tiggy2; 04-01-2009 at 06:45 AM..
tiggy2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 AM   #26
Gift Guru

CharmCity is a WI addict!
CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!CharmCity is a WI addict!

Unbelievable!!! I don't even want to think of how much I have invested in plushies and VTCs and now this!!!
CharmCity is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #27
amy
amy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, Webkinz sure has changed and I don't think it is for the better. It used to be a fun website for kids to learn and take care of their pets and now it seems to have become all about making more money. It sees this new deluxe membership is way over the line. Children first had to deal with the estore and not being able to buy anything without their parents credit card and now they have to deal with this new deluxe memebership. Like it or not, these are tough economic times compared to when we first started buying Webkinz. Now, many people are unemployed, in forclosure, in credit card debt., or just saving in case of unforseen layoffs. Instead of being about to play with their Webkinz for comfort, children get on and see all the things that they now can't have on Webkinz, things that maybe their friends can afford. I too, think that my membership should be a deluxe one just based on the sheer number of $15 Webkinz that we own. I have told my children that we will not be buying any items from the estore or having the deluxe account just because I don't like the directions that Webkinz is heading. I have lost some respect for this virtual website.
REMEMBER: THESE ARE ONLY VIRTUAL ITEMS!!
amy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #28
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
Aw man. I wish they'd just left it the same. It's already enough money for buying the webkinz pet. I hope everything for 'non-deluxe-members' just stays the same. anyone with me?
I sure hope that is the case-time will tell!

Click the image to open in full size.
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #29
ebkinz Addict!!!
Gift Guru

webkinzfamily is a name known to allwebkinzfamily is a name known to allwebkinzfamily is a name known to all

is this serious? this seems like a bad April Fool's joke. Ganz i'm fed up with how you consistently try to drain us of every penny. This is a kid's game remember? it's supposed to be fun, let's try and keep it that way. SLOW DOWN with all the new stuff!
webkinzfamily is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #30
I'm a Shabby Chic

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by amy
Wow, Webkinz sure has changed and I don't think it is for the better. It used to be a fun website for kids to learn and take care of their pets and now it seems to have become all about making more money. It sees this new deluxe membership is way over the line. Children first had to deal with the estore and not being able to buy anything without their parents credit card and now they have to deal with this new deluxe memebership. Like it or not, these are tough economic times compared to when we first started buying Webkinz. Now, many people are unemployed, in forclosure, in credit card debt., or just saving in case of unforseen layoffs. Instead of being about to play with their Webkinz for comfort, children get on and see all the things that they now can't have on Webkinz, things that maybe their friends can afford. I too, think that my membership should be a deluxe one just based on the sheer number of $15 Webkinz that we own. I have told my children that we will not be buying any items from the estore or having the deluxe account just because I don't like the directions that Webkinz is heading. I have lost some respect for this virtual website.
REMEMBER: THESE ARE ONLY VIRTUAL ITEMS!!
I do see your point. My grandkids and I play together and sometimes they see others with awesome stuff, and they can't afford them, so they feel bad. I have gotten them a few e-store items, but when you have to buy two of everything, it gets costly. The only thing I did do was get them each a complete set of charms because they were only $1.50 each. It is almost like school where one kid can afford name brand clothes and others can't. I, personally, was excited to see the family offer because I thought it would make great birthday gifts for them and isn't any more than I would spend on "real" stuff. They would probably rather get virtual stuff for here than real toys, because they love to come on Webkinz!!! I see both points of view, though.
peggios is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: