Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #131
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

I think it will depend on what the "deluxe" package comes with. My kids already bud me because they are not allowed to participate in certain things on club penguin because they only have the free membership. Then it was "can we do kinz chat plus?" So I had to monitor that a few days myself to see how that was before deciding to let them on and make it clear to them that I could revoke it at any time at will. And sometimes, seeing the nonsense that goes on in there, I wonder...

Now I am faced with do we go deluxe webkinz so they can participate in the "full experience" or not... just like with the charms and then the new things coming out now. I make my kids earn their special webbies through special chores and such over time or they save their birthday or other money themselves and get them; otherwise I would be broke with three kids and pets of the month, charms, caring valley, signature pets, clips, etc. etc. and now this! I think Ganz would be smarter to spread it out over the year rather than hit us with it over the head all at once... and right at tax time too. Ouch! I don't work for a bank or big car company - LOL! No blackmail, er, I mean, stimulus money coming this way. The way it is all at once makes Ganz come across as greedy and is a bit of a turn off.

So, I am hoping to see some nice gentle soul post their goodies here when they join and see if it is worth the loot. I see there is a link now to join through the estore - when it opens again, that is. Good luck to those of you who take the first leap!

I think it will depend on what the "deluxe" package comes with. My kids already bug me because they are not allowed to participate in certain things on club penguin because they only have the free membership. Then it was "can we do kinz chat plus?" So I had to monitor that a few days myself to see how that was before deciding to let them on and make it clear to them that I could revoke it at any time at will. And sometimes, seeing the nonsense that goes on in there, I wonder...

Now I am faced with do we go deluxe webkinz so they can participate in the "full experience" or not... just like with the charms and then the new things coming out now. I make my kids earn their special webbies through special chores and such over time or they save their birthday or other money themselves and get them; otherwise I would be broke with three kids and pets of the month, charms, caring valley, signature pets, clips, etc. etc. and now this! I think Ganz would be smarter to spread it out over the year rather than hit us with it over the head all at once... and right at tax time too. Ouch! I don't work for a bank or big car company - LOL! No blackmail, er, I mean, stimulus money coming this way. The way it is all at once makes Ganz come across as greedy and is a bit of a turn off.

So, I am hoping to see some nice gentle soul post their goodies here when they join and see if it is worth the loot. I see there is a link now to join through the estore - when it opens again, that is. Good luck to those of you who take the first leap!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #132
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
I think it will depend on what the "deluxe" package comes with. My kids already bud me because they are not allowed to participate in certain things on club penguin because they only have the free membership. Then it was "can we do kinz chat plus?" So I had to monitor that a few days myself to see how that was before deciding to let them on and make it clear to them that I could revoke it at any time at will. And sometimes, seeing the nonsense that goes on in there, I wonder...

I think it will depend on what the "deluxe" package comes with. My kids already bug me because they are not allowed to participate in certain things on club penguin because they only have the free membership. Then it was "can we do kinz chat plus?" So I had to monitor that a few days myself to see how that was before deciding to let them on and make it clear to them that I could revoke it at any time at will. And sometimes, seeing the nonsense that goes on in there, I wonder...

Friends I hope you get this rant ( it is a portion of a pm i sent to a friend and want to share it )- Yes I am all over the place today & mad as heck at ganz
After All can Ganz gurantee US as Investors that the Site will work properly and award gifts POTM prizes, dailies work & of course Servers will NOT go Down for more then 30 seconds (5min reality) at any time once I Pay A year to be a 'Gold member'
I think NOT ! OOOOOOOOOOooooooooo !
If All the other people out there feel like this I am sure this is the one that Will break the camels Back.
Not to mention It is unemployement checks for Us and Many others.
so Webkinz ??? Not now.
Sorry for the rant. But I wanted to share So you know your not alone on that front. I love my friends.
Hope there is a smile for you in there somewhere.
Have a great Day !
Ps ..this is no april fools joke I'm Serial (oops) Serious

a3doglife is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #133
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

Sorry that looks so long. I tried to edit the word bud to bug and it ended up as a double post. So I look double angry! When I am really not all that heated as I can choose to buy or not. Just pointing out my annoyance... yes, that's the word for it. I am very annoyed with Ganz right now. Just too much at once. Have a great night all (Ganz CEOs, how do you sleep?)
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #134
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
After All can Ganz gurantee US as Investors that the Site will work properly and award gifts POTM prizes, dailies work & of course Servers will NOT go Down for more then 30 seconds (5min reality) at any time once I Pay A year to be a 'Gold member'

Ganz doesn't guarantee those things at all as it is. If you read the agreement, it says the site is as available and can be shut down at any time. I can't imagine any site offering such a guarantee. I do agree that Ganz needs to fix their glitches before introducing new products. And to the people complaining about how much this will cost, everyone does not have to have everything all the time. That is why some people are in the financial straights they are in now, not to mention the millions of children being raised with such all-consuming senses of entitlement. Sometimes the best thing you can say is 'no'.
Nereid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #135
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Nereid
Ganz doesn't guarantee those things at all as it is. If you read the agreement, it says the site is as available and can be shut down at any time. I can't imagine any site offering such a guarantee. I do agree that Ganz needs to fix their glitches before introducing new products. And to the people complaining about how much this will cost, everyone does not have to have everything all the time. That is why some people are in the financial straights they are in now, not to mention the millions of children being raised with such all-consuming senses of entitlement. Sometimes the best thing you can say is 'no'.
I agree totally. And I do and have told my kids no, many times. My children would tell you in a New York minute they are not being raised with a sense of entitlement. My oldest just got a DS for xmas last year because we finally felt like she was responsible enough to take care of one. Her sibs are still waiting and will wait another year or two. Meanwhile her preschooler nephews both have them! Their friends are all walking around with cell phones. Ours most likely will wait until they are driving and working to get those in case they need to contact us in an emergency. And like I said, they have had to work for the extra webbies they do have. Then THEY are the ones that decide if it is worth THEIR hard earned money or not.

But it does grate my nerves though that Ganz markets this stuff directly to the kids right on the site. It is right there when they sign in, it is there when they play. They see where they are "locked out" and "excluded", and it feeds their sense of wanting to be in there where their friends are. It just feels like exploitation to me in a way.

You know, my mid kid came up to me just yesterday and made the astute observation that she never sees webkinz advertise on tv. Well, of course not. Because they are in her face everytime she logs on. Everything new and exciting in webkinz world in right there on their site. Have you noticed that each newest addition to the charmed forest comes front and center with a big lock on it? So, if you had opened one area of the charmed forest, it gets pushed back so that the new area that you don't have access to is in your face every time to go to play there.

Definitely sending the kids a message every time - you can't play here.

With all the money that we spend on the plush animals, you would think that would be enough and everyone would have the same access to all areas of the site. Or say, you reach a certain number or webkinz ownership and you gain access to those areas (instead of superbeds - I mean, come on, how many superbeds do we need?)

I know Ganz is a business, but I do not in any way believe that they are hurting for money and thus are putting forth all these other things in an effort to stay afloat. I think they see this as a passing trend(like beanie babies or cabbage patch dolls), they are not sure how long it will last, so they are out to make every dollar they can while the gettin' is good. Fine, this is what big corporations do. Doesn't mean I gotta like it.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #136
snm13
Gift Guru

beks is a jewel in the roughbeks is a jewel in the rough

I am really disappointed with this. When I saw other sites such as "Club Penguin" who charged a fee to be a member, I didn't like it and was glad that GANZ had decided to only make you purchase a pet. With the member hats, others will probably feel "left out", I don't know, I just really don't agree with this.
beks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #137
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

But it does grate my nerves though that Ganz markets this stuff directly to the kids right on the site. It is right there when they sign in, it is there when they play. They see where they are "locked out" and "excluded", and it feeds their sense of wanting to be in there where their friends are. It just feels like exploitation to me in a way.

You know, my mid kid came up to me just yesterday and made the astute observation that she never sees webkinz advertise on tv. Well, of course not. Because they are in her face everytime she logs on. Everything new and exciting in webkinz world in right there on their site. Have you noticed that each newest addition to the charmed forest comes front and center with a big lock on it? So, if you had opened one area of the charmed forest, it gets pushed back so that the new area that you don't have access to is in your face every time to go to play there.

Definitely sending the kids a message every time - you can't play here.

With all the money that we spend on the plush animals, you would think that would be enough and everyone would have the same access to all areas of the site. Or say, you reach a certain number or webkinz ownership and you gain access to those areas (instead of superbeds - I mean, come on, how many superbeds do we need?)

I know Ganz is a business, but I do not in any way believe that they are hurting for money and thus are putting forth all these other things in an effort to stay afloat. I think they see this as a passing trend(like beanie babies or cabbage patch dolls), they are not sure how long it will last, so they are out to make every dollar they can while the gettin' is good. Fine, this is what big corporations do. Doesn't mean I gotta like it.

Thanks Kinzmom..my thoughts exactly....I know we have the option to turn off other ads..but, where can we tun off all the Ganz ads??!!..We have not had any ads from any other companies other than Ganz since the chipmonks...and how long ago was that??...And..Ganz;s ads get more and more animated...I think that this is one of the reasons we have a harder time loading our accounts....Sorry..we are just not going to jump into the Deluxe account feature, not going to do the signature pets, really iffy about the Caring Valley and Klips....No Series 4 TC for us either. It's just way too much in this slowed down economy....Ganz should really consider that.
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #138
avadel20

avadel is on a distinguished road

what I don't get is will we get if we would like to do it what will we get?
avadel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #139
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

OK, I'll be the guinea pig! I upgraded my accounts, and since US accounts are down, this is what my Asian account shows:

The new "deluxe" dock complete with new deluxe gift box:
Attached Images
File Type: bmpDeluxe dock.bmp (391.6 KB, 35 views)
AddictedMom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #140
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

And a close up of the gift box:
Attached Images
File Type: bmpClose up present.bmp (67.5 KB, 31 views)
AddictedMom is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: