Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #101
shannonkay
Gifted

shannonkay has a spectacular aura aboutshannonkay has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

I'm hesitant to comment in case it's an april fool's thing.
shannonkay is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #102
nothing
Webkinz :)

akoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicness
akoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicnessakoolaunt is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I for one won't be joining. There's just too much coming out and not enough
money to go around. It's not something I need, but something I want.
So, I'll just have to do without.
akoolaunt is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #103
Unregistered

Usually I am vigilant for signs of exploitation and "bottom-lining" by Ganz, but I just have to say...

To the people complaining that they or their children feel "left out" by being unable to afford this, well...you don't have to have everything. I am always a little amazed when people say Ganz is releasing almost too many pets to keep up with. The fact that there are those out there who buy every single pet is just astonishing to me.

It's not fair to fault Ganz because you want everything they release and can't afford it. McDonald's doesn't offer fewer choices because you can't afford everything on the menu. Toy stores don't stop stocking their shelves with new toys because people may have blown their budget on everything else in the store.

Personally I think the feeling of wanting everything and feeling left out when you cannot have it, is somewhat unhealthy, or at the very least unproductive.

To those with children, I think this is an excellent opportunity to explain to them that while you may want something that others have, it is ok to pass it up once in awhile because of practicality. And that we can't always have everything we want.

As I once heard someone say, Ganz does heavily encourage the "more more more" attitude, so we need to take steps to curb this way of thinking- in both our children and ourselves.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #104
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Chiuaualova12
I dont like it that they added the deluxe membership. Because Webkinz is a kids friendly site. and you shouldnt have to pay.
I totally agree with you. This makes my kids want this stuff more. I tell them that they can't have everything.
JulieBear01 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #105
Allikatkinz

Katt is on a distinguished road

Does that not seem like an April Fool's thing to you?
Katt is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #106
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

What if this turns out to be an april fools day joke?

It'd be kinda mean for the kids if this was an april fools day joke though. Because some people might be getting really excited about it.

it would be the best kind of joke if they said you'd have to pay for it, then turn around and start giving you all of that stuff for free!
CrystalFlute is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #107
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

For this to be an April Fool's joke, it would have to be funny. I don't see what's so funny or confusing about it.

Ganz is offering a new product. You can either purchase it, or not. It's not different than offering Lil Kinz or clothes, or figurines, or e-store items. Would you complain if McDonald's starting selling Hot Dogs? I mean, you already have burgers and nuggets and salads to buy, now hot dogs?

Or if Nintendo stopped making new DS games because, hey, there's already a few hundred out there.

I understand it's hard for a lot of people (myself included) to afford everything. I understand that it can make someone unhappy to NOT be able to afford every rare/exclusive/super item...but that's (for me) the fun in the collecting. The challange to win/earn/trade for those hard to get things. And for those of you that won't/can't pay for the Deluxe membership, think about how much better it will make you feel for the good things you CAN afford. Or when a friend of yours gives you a gift of a Signature pet or a deluxe membership.
kaykohugs is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #108

mywebkinzworld is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what to think about the changes. I wish it all did not cost so much.
I will have to think about this one.
mywebkinzworld is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #109

mekimka is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually check here at WI before I log on, but today I didn't. After I read about deluxe membership, I really didn't want to play anymore. Webkinz is all about investing time and earning the stuff by trying. Now anyone with 45$$$ can have the deluxe things without even trying. Bad job Ganz. You should give members some kind of chance to earn this too.
mekimka is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #110
Lil Kinz

seka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, do you guys know where i can buy the webkinz deluxe membership?!
seka2 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: