Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

A WI Front Page entry has been added:

Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

Thanks to RobKinz for letting us know that, after a brief maintenance last night, Ganz has added a "Deluxe Membership" to Webkinz World. The Deluxe Membership comes in many flavors and each pricing level earns you different benefits. The pricing ranges from $5/month all the way to $45 for an annual membership and you will receive different types of exclusives (both tradeable and non-tradeable), monthly "Ganz points(?)", extra activities, monthly gift boxes, and a special Kinz Chat zone for subscribing.
At this point, we're assuming the "Ganz points" are related to the new ads we've been seeing in the eStore and that these Ganz points are not Kinz Cash in Webkinz World.
Click the image to open in full size.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
ChipperCherry5
Gift Trainee

ChipperCherry5 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Deluxe Membership Added to Webkinz World!

I REALLY don't like the new addition because if you are a Bonus delulxe member you will have to PAY even MORE than if you were just a regular member. But I mean... this is going on with ALL kid sites these days, like Club Penguin, Dizzywood, and now WEBKINZ WORLD!!! IT IS HORRIBLE!
ChipperCherry5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
hy did my kids get
Webkinz :)

Black Jax is a name known to allBlack Jax is a name known to allBlack Jax is a name known to all

RATS, I was just finishing my upload of the images below to send you thinking I was going to get the 'scoop' this time... Anyway, here are the two I captured other than the one you included above...

The new Login Screen announcing the Deluxe Membership:

The top half of the page you get to when you click it: (bottom half above)

Black Jax is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

When I first saw this I was like..."Deluxe Membership?" My account has nearly 300 webbies isn't that deluxe enough with all the money I've spent..not to mention I own every item they have offered at the estore. Oh well, just another ganz money making scheme.
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:01 AM   #5

248keri is on a distinguished road

i do hope this is an april fools day joke! anything to make another dollar!
248keri is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #6
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Well, as some of the parents mentioned on another thread, it's one way to make sure your kids get a new gift box every month and costs less than a new plushie. I won't be buying it, but some people will. That's cool I guess, if it keeps the site running. I just don't want to see too many "exclusive" areas on the regular WW site only for those who spend extra. I thought the magical forest was bad enough when I first joined!
Oddmeister is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
Areyel
Gift Guru

Areyel is just really niceAreyel is just really nice

AHH!! I Just got laid off from my job and now this! I am actually scheming how to scrounge up $45! I guess we could just get one month for $5 and wait to see what the "exclusive" estore quality item is and if it is worth it, pay all $45 next month.
They are just introducing too much too fast. Kinz clips, caring valley, signiture series, E-store bunny, now a special membership. Do they know we are in a global recession?? LOL!
Areyel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #8
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I think this is interesting and can't wait to find out more. For me it would be much less expensive than trying to keep up with all of the new plush! I can't wait to hear more about it
kayembee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
fvb
twilight1977

fvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellence
fvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellencefvb is the epitome of excellence

Wow, they found another way to get money out of us parents. As if we don't spend enough on everything else they have to offer!

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 04-01-2009 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: whatever word you using, I'm sure it wasn't foul, was getting censored. we have stricter filters on here because of the kids
fvb is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #10
Gift Trainee

nsturms is on a distinguished road

Not really to happy to see this. This was one web site that didn't cost a lot to get on and now the deluxe version is $45 / family per year. It reminds me of Club Penguin. Webkinz was a great value for the price of an animal. You do have a choice to buy it or not. At this point I hope they don't take anything away from the regular Webkinz and move it to the deluxe membership. I love to trade and I hope that doesn't move only to the deluxe Webkinz. I feel sorry for the kids who won't be able to get their parents to buy this. It is suppose to be for kids after all. This seems to be too much money to spend in this economy. I guess as long as the regular Webkinz stays the same and they don' t move trading and other features to deluxe only, I will be happy. Weather I buy a deluxe version just depends on what the site has to offer. I know this already upset my daughter who is totally in to Webkinz. What does everyone else think?
nsturms is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: